collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:07:39 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 11:05:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Richard E
[Today at 11:00:08 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:58:06 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by ChicagoLion
[Today at 10:54:17 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:51:38 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sitting with the Others  (Read 9274 times)

Offline Pat McMahon

Re: Sitting with the Others
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 12:02:59 AM »
I have only seen us win twice at Chelsea,both times behind enemy lines - in2002 and last year on New Year's Eve.

Stand up when we score, adopt a look of exasperation, let all the joy express itself in your eyebrows, and rush off to the bogs for a celebratory squeal.

Last year I started a chorus of booing at the back of the west stand when it was 3-1 to us, which was picked up by a few fans in front of me and then spread around the ground. It was both cathartic and absolutely fucking hilarious as the fans who had been hailing Drogba when he scored their penalty turned and started calling him a donkey,saying he had no pride.

I assume  they were saying the same after their final v Bayern...

Offline Ego Uhiogu

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 12:15:13 AM »
I sat in the Stretford End when we played at Man Utd in the FA Cup in 2006/07 (Dad and brother support them) - When Baros equalised I just glanced at my old man with the smuggest of smiles on my face. It was bloody horrible when Solskjaer scored in stoppage time, I just sat there with my head in my hands.

I also sat in the home end at Reading in 2007/08 - I was about five seats away from the Villa end and jumped up for both goals, but as most of the people there were locals who didn't realise Reading had a football team until they got promoted, no one seemed to mind.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 01:08:25 AM »
On 18 mins 59 seconds take to your feet and start clapping violently

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 01:44:14 AM »
I have only seen us win twice at Chelsea,both times behind enemy lines - in2002 and last year on New Year's Eve.

Stand up when we score, adopt a look of exasperation, let all the joy express itself in your eyebrows, and rush off to the bogs for a celebratory squeal.

Last year I started a chorus of booing at the back of the west stand when it was 3-1 to us, which was picked up by a few fans in front of me and then spread around the ground. It was both cathartic and absolutely fucking hilarious as the fans who had been hailing Drogba when he scored their penalty turned and started calling him a donkey,saying he had no pride.

I assume  they were saying the same after their final v Bayern...
Very nice- well done

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 11:41:39 AM »
went with two Hammers to West Ham away 1986 with Hodge, Norton, Elliott and S.Hunt...a 1-1 draw with Bruno scoring....

they kept telling me that they would tell everyone that I was a Villa fan...

it was FUCKING SCARY as I did not think they were joking !

UTV
The Doc

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2012, 11:45:10 AM »
I was in the Liverpool end last Saturday it was bloody horrible,the day could have been twice as good if I was in the away end,sat there quiet as a mouse the whole 90 minutes and listened to them moaning the whole time

I think I would have took some immense, sadistic pleasure from this.

I stood right at the back of the old Kop in, I think, 89 when we were battling it out at the top of the league with them. Very difficult when we scored first as it was such a crucial goal. Ended 1-1 I think and for some reason I visualise Staunton scoring for us but can that be right? 

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2012, 11:46:25 AM »
Turned down an offer of a ticket for the last League Cup final because it was in the United end. Wouldn't trust myself in amongst that lot.

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2012, 11:56:42 AM »
sit in with the Man Ure fans every year at OT - polite applause plus a smug grin when gabby scored in the win a couple of years ago - most other years sit there quietly and suffer

couldn't contain myself last year when Ash took a dive tho - most people ignored me but except the bloke in front who turned around and agreed with me

For some reason, there were 2 other brummies behing me last year, one villa fan plus one of the unwashed!!!

Offline ChrissyPrice

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2012, 09:17:09 PM »
I was in the Liverpool end last Saturday it was bloody horrible,the day could have been twice as good if I was in the away end,sat there quiet as a mouse the whole 90 minutes and listened to them moaning the whole time

I stood right at the back of the old Kop in, I think, 89 when we were battling it out at the top of the league with them. Very difficult when we scored first as it was such a crucial goal. Ended 1-1 I think and for some reason I visualise Staunton scoring for us but can that be right? 

Ian Olney. Great goal. I was in the kop myself and I'm sure I remember seeing someone in a Villa scarf in there.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2012, 09:32:02 PM »

Olney after a few minutes followed by a Peter Beardsley strike from quite a distance that Spink (?) should have stopped is what's in my mind; but sometimes the memorise merge together these day!

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2012, 09:47:43 PM »
I've done it at Chelski, in the stand opposite the three-tier jobby.

I got two tickets off my gaffer, in the posh seats, took my mate down and just went to enjoy the day out as it was at the height of their Mourinho days.

When Luke Moore put us in front, I jumped out of my seat, spun round and sat back down immediately when I realised what I'd done.

I was starting to get some grief, but Lampard equalised inside a minute, and everyone calmed down a bit.

Not much fun, to be honest.

Online thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2012, 10:32:33 PM »
I was stood on the Kop at St Andrews in 1987 when Garry Thompson scored 2 to beat Blues. I didn't really celebrate either goal that much...just dug my fingernails into the palms of my hands!

I enjoyed it in the same way you'd enjoy being held hostage by Al Qaeda.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2012, 10:33:59 PM »
Im in the home end too this Sunday. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Oh well

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2012, 10:43:21 PM »
I was stood on the Kop at St Andrews in 1987 when Garry Thompson scored 2 to beat Blues. I didn't really celebrate either goal that much...just dug my fingernails into the palms of my hands!

I enjoyed it in the same way you'd enjoy being held hostage by Al Qaeda.

That's a good way of putting it.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2012, 11:05:15 AM »

Ian Olney. Great goal. I was in the kop myself and I'm sure I remember seeing someone in a Villa scarf in there.

I was on the Kop that day too.  Remember my mate digging me in the ribs when Olney scored - we couldn't stop smiling.  Happy days.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal