collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: DOLdrums  (Read 9240 times)

Online Chico Hamilton III

Re: DOLdrums
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 09:22:43 PM »
Bobby or Jack ?

Heston

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 09:25:06 PM »
Funny how we've had no problem competing with the Charltons since he got sacked.

Online danno

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 09:36:46 PM »
Funny how we've had no problem competing with the Charltons since he got sacked.

haha! I'd say appointing Iain Dowie is a great leveller.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2012, 10:11:34 PM »
Good first season but a complete wretched 18 months afterwards with him disrespecting our club and fans on a daily basis.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2012, 08:30:30 AM »
From memory, we lost there (I think it was 3-0) and we barely got a look at the ball, that's what prompted the remark
'People expect us to be a top side, but we're competing on the same level as the Charltons of this world'
Which was an ironic thing to say as they'd just bitch slapped us.

He was forever talking us down and I seem to recall him moaning about the way we often mention the European Cup win.

I really believe he had an intense dislike of our club which wasn't helped by the fact that he never had closure from his beloved Leeds.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2012, 11:46:07 AM »
I don't think he disliked us, he just never got over Leeds. I was told he always expected to get the call to return and was devastated when they chose someone else - I think it was around 2004-5.

Offline Havencheese

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2012, 07:58:14 AM »
Ive told this story before on here several years ago.  I met him a couple of years after he'd been sacked at Royal Portrush golf club in the bar after a game with some friends.  He was a guest of a corporate group, clearly so popular with them he was sat at the bar on his own.
He was quite chatty with me and my mate, we talked about golf, football and that part of the world as we sat and drank a few Guinness with him.
It all started to turn a bit nasty when he realised we were Villa fans at one point even telling us that 'he knew people' if we didn't leave him alone.  We were perfectly friendly and not at all provocative in our discussion with him, he just flared up as soon as he twigged us.
Self obsessed obnoxious chicken shit gobshite are the best words I can find to describe him.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2012, 09:55:00 AM »
Ive told this story before on here several years ago.  I met him a couple of years after he'd been sacked at Royal Portrush golf club in the bar after a game with some friends.  He was a guest of a corporate group, clearly so popular with them he was sat at the bar on his own.
He was quite chatty with me and my mate, we talked about golf, football and that part of the world as we sat and drank a few Guinness with him.
It all started to turn a bit nasty when he realised we were Villa fans at one point even telling us that 'he knew people' if we didn't leave him alone.  We were perfectly friendly and not at all provocative in our discussion with him, he just flared up as soon as he twigged us.
Self obsessed obnoxious chicken shit gobshite are the best words I can find to describe him.

Bloody hell Jon.
Just shows how guilty he must have felt about his time here.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2012, 10:39:07 AM »

You should have stood in the car park and cheered as he left.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2012, 12:46:19 PM »

You should have stood in the car park and cheered as he left.

Bill Howell did.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal