collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Justice Collective  (Read 6285 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Re: Justice Collective
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 09:39:05 AM »
Scousers are a decent lot.   The only real fault I have ever found in them is that they think they are a lot funnier than they really are.

That's because they all went to school with Arthur Askey/Jimmy Tarbuck/Stan Boardman/John Bishop (delete according to age).

Or number of legs (God i am showing my age)

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 12:44:02 PM »
Ardent Villa fan David Cameron has just said on PMQ's that the VAT will not be collected on the sales of the single.

Offline danno

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 08:06:36 PM »
Xmas number One. Delighted for the families and all the campaigners and in particular the Justice Tonight gang!

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2012, 07:21:32 AM »
I am very pleased for them but for some geriatric reason I thought it was a new song.   It's an old song of some 60s group from Manchester who played at the Ringway Club my present wife and I used to run in what was the Sydenham pub in Navigation Street.

Doubly nice to see it turn over the Cowell clone.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2012, 08:12:14 AM »
The Hollies, hip young things set to bring mayhem to the Royal Hall in Harrogate next year.

Offline brian green

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2012, 06:49:06 PM »
The very same.   They used to ride about in an A35 van, a grey one.   Come to think of it they were all grey I think.   There was another group called The Vampires who rode in a similar van.   One very cold winter night they skidded on the ice on the Stratford Road at the junction with College Road.   The present Mrs Green and I were bombing along behind them at a steady 22 mph in her dad's Hillman Husky van.  They were upside down against the wall of what used to be the school clinic.   Four of them and two of us managed to tip the van back over and we all went on our merry way.   I would love to say it was The Hollies but it was not.

Freddie Mercury and Queen once pissed up the back of my Rover 2000 though.

Online LeeB

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2012, 07:07:33 PM »
The very same.   They used to ride about in an A35 van, a grey one.   Come to think of it they were all grey I think.   There was another group called The Vampires who rode in a similar van.   One very cold winter night they skidded on the ice on the Stratford Road at the junction with College Road.   The present Mrs Green and I were bombing along behind them at a steady 22 mph in her dad's Hillman Husky van.  They were upside down against the wall of what used to be the school clinic.   Four of them and two of us managed to tip the van back over and we all went on our merry way.   I would love to say it was The Hollies but it was not.

Freddie Mercury and Queen once pissed up the back of my Rover 2000 though.

I've heard about those kind of clubs.

Offline brian green

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2012, 08:01:41 AM »
Yes Lee, my mother warned me about those sort of places.   My architect partner (funny how that sounds faintly PC these days) and I converted an old sugar mill on Shepherds Bush Green.   It was right opposite the BBC studios which were once the Shepherds Bush Empire.   We had a private car park which doubled up as a public urinal for those leaving by the stage door late at night.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal