collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:11:13 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Richard E
[Today at 10:08:58 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV82EC
[Today at 10:08:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by rougegorge
[Today at 10:08:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Jane
[Today at 10:05:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:04:56 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by AV82EC
[Today at 10:04:11 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV82EC
[Today at 10:03:14 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Meet the Beast  (Read 2815 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Meet the Beast
« on: December 17, 2012, 12:33:29 PM »
Christian Benteke, Ashley Westwood and Joe Bennett are the star names in the latest Villa Store signing session on Tuesday*.

Benteke, Westwood and Bennett will meet and greet supporters when they pop into the Villa Store to sign merchandise.

The trio be on hand from 4.30pm* as they get chance to engage with fans during the festive holidays.

Benteke** is the darling of the claret and blue faithful following his ferocious forward play this season.

He was at his very best this weekend at Liverpool, scoring two and making one in a comprehensive 3-1 win.

Here's your chance to meet the star in B6.

Westwood has been amazing in midfield, clocking up incredible statistics in the central ground, including 94% and 91% against Sunderland and Man Utd.

A lot is also expected of Bennett, who is an attacking left-back of some repute.

He's been unlucky with injury thus far but he'll be back better and stronger than before.

Don't miss this fantastic opportunity to meet your favourite Villa stars and get your replica shirts and other claret and blue merchandise signed.

The players will ONLY be signing merchandise bought in store on the day.

Fans are advised to arrive early as the event is expected to be very well attended.

The Villa Village Store is a popular venue for claret and blue fanatics as they pick up the memorable merchandise.

Make sure you get down to the shop to get your hands on some awesome items and meet your heroes.

There's a mega 25% off sale in store during the festive period so now's the perfect time to get down to Villa Village and have your new prezzies signed by the stars.

*Please note players and event times could be subject to change.

**Also, there are no guarantees Benteke will perform his amazing back-heel again in public.

Offline rutski

Re: Meet the Beast
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 01:05:19 PM »
good idea by the club, but the little phrase 'only be signing merchandise bought in the shop that day is shit'! i have spent a small fortune at that clubshop in past 2 weeks and coupled with the amount i spend on season tickets and away tickets travel etc i find the statement offensive.
dont be short sighted villa, look at the bigger picture. get as many kids there to meet their heroes as you can without raping every penny off their mums and dads for the short term gain.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 01:08:36 PM »
In fairness, unless you've held a signing session then you don't realise quite how much some people can take the piss.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 01:10:40 PM »
Benteke.
Football's answer to Jonah Lomu.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 01:25:47 PM »
Meet the B6 Beast - I imagine the place will be packed.

Offline rutski

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 01:26:37 PM »
In fairness, unless you've held a signing session then you don't realise quite how much some people can take the piss.
in fairness, after some of the drivel served up by the club in the past couple of years, they should be gracious enough to welcome all supporters and reward them in bucketloads. i was there for the ron vlaar signing, and good vibes were felt throughout all supporters. yes some people can take the piss, but the majority should be rewarded for their loyalty.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 01:36:43 PM »
in fairness, after some of the drivel served up by the club in the past couple of years, they should be gracious enough to welcome all supporters and reward them in bucketloads. i was there for the ron vlaar signing, and good vibes were felt throughout all supporters. yes some people can take the piss, but the majority should be rewarded for their loyalty.

They are welcoming all supporters.

As I said, unless you've done popular signings you won't know the level of the piss taking. How good a vibe will there be If Mr X and his two kids want to get a shirt signed and are behind a bunch of smart arses who have brought along every piece of Villa stuff they can find so as they whack them straight on ebay? We had signings where people turned up with close to 100 things to get signed.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 01:47:20 PM »
How come Chris hasn't done any national media interviews yet? Judging from his interview on avtv when he joined his English isn't bad. Very softly-spoken chap. Gentle giant an'all.

Offline rutski

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 01:47:46 PM »

As I said, unless you've done popular signings you won't know the level of the piss taking. How good a vibe will there be If Mr X and his two kids want to get a shirt signed and are behind a bunch of smart arses who have brought along every piece of Villa stuff they can find so as they whack them straight on ebay? We had signings where people turned up with close to 100 things to get signed.
i think these signings are ace, they create a buzz, keep the smartarses away then and those taking the piss jus move them on. i will be there but sfter spending over £200 in the past couple of weeks wont be spending anymore, though i wont turn up with 100 items for signing either.

Online mrastonvilla

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 02:13:33 PM »

Exactly this, my lads collect a few signatures and waited by the players car park to get Christians signature before the Baggies game only to pushed out of the way so that some smart arse could get him to sign a shed load of football cards with his picture on that were obviously destined for e-bay.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal