collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Away Support  (Read 13812 times)

Offline Neil Hawkes

Re: Away Support
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2012, 12:12:44 PM »
Hey if we're going for friendlies - Cardiff in 1984/5?
I was supposed to go with a cardiff supporter who didn't turn up so like a muppet I'm in some god forsaken s*%thole, wearing a Villa top, (how I got away with that I don't know) and seeing Tony Daly run riot without being able to score, (quite a familiar scene in retrospect).
As I didn't see any other Villa supporters there, I'm going for ONE!

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2012, 01:01:20 PM »
I thought I was the only Villa supporter at a pre-season friendly against Benfica in 2000. I later heard there were a few others who had been moved to the Press Box.

As sub Ian Taylor was warming up during the second half I gave him a shout from amongst the thousands of Benfica fans that surrounded me. The look and smile on his face when he saw me in there was priceless.

I was at that game with a mate and we didn't get moved to the press box.

Nice. So like me you were in with the Benfica fans. Before the game I went in to their restaurant underneath the stadium, a bit like the Holte Suite. I walked in wearing my Villa shirt and it was like the whole room suddenly fell silent and everybody just seemed to stop what they were doing and turn to look at me. After what seemed like ages but in reality was prpbably just a couple of seconds, everybody just carried on. The Loneliness of the Long Distance Dinner. Actually, it wasn't long distance, I walked from home to the ground, 20 minutes max.

Great game though, I though we played some excellent football that day and I was really optimistic for the new season. How wrong was I. 15 draws that season must be some kind of record.

Online steamer

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2012, 08:51:27 PM »
York away in the league cup October 73.
lost 1-0
A handfull of fans, the total attendence was only 7,000
I need to dig out the programes as I can not remember if it was prior to the 71 or 72 season, but a couple of hundred villa fans travelled to Bury for a pre season game.
There were more Utd scum bags than every one else combined at the game.
We had gone there 6 strong in a transit.
One particular prat with utd scarves tied to each wrist was leading the pack and crowing over what tossers we were.
What he did not count on was Brummie ternacity.
Being very identifiable ( big twat in red and white) we followed his bus trip home to some god forsaken shitheap
Housing estate.
He was quite suprised to meet up with us again so quickly, we on the other hand wasted no time in explaining to him lessons in expected etiquite and manners to strangers.
Fast forward hasty trip home!

Online Holte L2

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2012, 08:45:30 AM »
I thought I was the only Villa supporter at a pre-season friendly against Benfica in 2000. I later heard there were a few others who had been moved to the Press Box.

As sub Ian Taylor was warming up during the second half I gave him a shout from amongst the thousands of Benfica fans that surrounded me. The look and smile on his face when he saw me in there was priceless.

I was at that game with a mate and we didn't get moved to the press box.

Nice. So like me you were in with the Benfica fans. Before the game I went in to their restaurant underneath the stadium, a bit like the Holte Suite. I walked in wearing my Villa shirt and it was like the whole room suddenly fell silent and everybody just seemed to stop what they were doing and turn to look at me. After what seemed like ages but in reality was prpbably just a couple of seconds, everybody just carried on. The Loneliness of the Long Distance Dinner. Actually, it wasn't long distance, I walked from home to the ground, 20 minutes max.

Great game though, I though we played some excellent football that day and I was really optimistic for the new season. How wrong was I. 15 draws that season must be some kind of record.

I've also been in that resteraunt. I went to Benfica v Belenses in 2010.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2012, 12:12:47 AM »
York away in the league cup October 73.
lost 1-0
A handfull of fans, the total attendence was only 7,000
I need to dig out the programes as I can not remember if it was prior to the 71 or 72 season, but a couple of hundred villa fans travelled to Bury for a pre season game.
There were more Utd scum bags than every one else combined at the game.
We had gone there 6 strong in a transit.
One particular prat with utd scarves tied to each wrist was leading the pack and crowing over what tossers we were.
What he did not count on was Brummie ternacity.
Being very identifiable ( big twat in red and white) we followed his bus trip home to some god forsaken shitheap
Housing estate.
He was quite suprised to meet up with us again so quickly, we on the other hand wasted no time in explaining to him lessons in expected etiquite and manners to strangers.
Fast forward hasty trip home!

Class!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal