collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by LeeS
[Today at 10:48:14 AM]

NSWE Investment by LeeS
[Today at 10:45:05 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Rigadon
[Today at 10:44:18 AM]

Champions League Contention by LeeS
[Today at 10:41:54 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:37:37 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 10:19:18 AM]

Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Mister E
[Today at 10:10:27 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by LeeB
[Today at 09:55:19 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by LeeS
[Today at 10:48:14 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by LeeS
[Today at 10:45:05 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Rigadon
[Today at 10:44:18 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by LeeS
[Today at 10:41:54 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Hillbilly
[Today at 10:41:22 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:37:37 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by chrisw1
[Today at 10:27:16 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 10:19:18 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Capital Cup Semi Final dates?  (Read 13263 times)

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
Re: Capital Cup Semi Final dates?
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2012, 04:33:08 PM »
Swansea would be a nightmare, Chelsea could hurt us and Leeds is a very intimidating place. I'd love Leeds away though! I'd be happy with Middlesborough away for some strange reason

It's still two legs isn't it?

Yes, I was just concentrating on the away leg

Hope the 2nd leg is at home. Brilliant if we was to go through to the final against anybody,l but beating a team like Chelsea would be special

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2012, 05:59:05 PM »
Generally it's better to pay the Second Leg at home. If it's Boro though I'd rather play away second as we tend to beat them there and do crap against them at Villa Park.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2012, 06:04:15 PM »
I will miss the 2nd leg, damn!

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2012, 06:23:17 PM »
Without tempting fate can anyone confirm the final date please ?

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2012, 06:38:02 PM »
I would love Middlebrough, away leg first.
We would get a good 6,000 plus allocation.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2012, 07:01:25 PM »
Without tempting fate can anyone confirm the final date please ?

Sunday 24 February.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2012, 07:09:32 PM »
Paul Lambert is relishing leading Villa into the semi-finals of the Capital One Cup, saying the titanic two-leg tussle will be "brilliant for the club and the fans."

Lambert managed to orchestrate the victory over his former club Norwich and the boss was full of praise for his team after the remarkable 4-1 win at Carrow Road.

He said they played with "enthusiasm, passion, drive and quality" as they booked their place for the New Year clashes in the last four of the competition.

He said: "No matter who you get you're going to get a full house, home and away.

"It will be brilliant, brilliant for the club. It's had a lot of heartache for the past two years or so - or whatever the case may be - but this gives the fans something to look forward to.

"For a few weeks now we've been playing really, really well. We've come through a really hard run - the likes of Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal - that's really, really demanding.

"I think we are an easy target for people saying we're young and all that but we're playing very well, extremely well and the lads have been brilliant.

"They need a bit of help but if you can give them time and they can keep that collective spirit, with the crowd we've got, they'll drive us on. It was a huge win for us.

"I couldn't fault the lads with the way they played - with enthusiasm, passion, drive and the quality of football - that was excellent.

"All the lads deserve credit. Charles came on. We threw him in after a six week lay-off.

"The lads were absolutely brilliant, every one of them.

"There was Ashley who's been our best player over the last few weeks. We've got Bennett coming back, Vlaar coming back. We are slowly but surely getting there.

"We're doing really fine. It's another building block. I thought we were worthy winners."

Despite not wanting to single out individuals particularly, he was still keen to hail Brett Holman's cracking goal and Shay Given's amazing double save.

He added: "Brett's goal was fantastic. What a strike that was!

"With Shay, I have been in the game a long time and they are two of the best saves I have ever seen - absolute world-class. His saves were world-class."

That's a nice touch at the end there for Shay, thought he looked really shaky and was going to cost us but those saves were class, and the one from Holt was at 1-1.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2012, 07:23:34 PM »
Paul Lambert is relishing leading Villa into the semi-finals of the Capital One Cup, saying the titanic two-leg tussle will be "brilliant for the club and the fans."

Lambert managed to orchestrate the victory over his former club Norwich and the boss was full of praise for his team after the remarkable 4-1 win at Carrow Road.

He said they played with "enthusiasm, passion, drive and quality" as they booked their place for the New Year clashes in the last four of the competition.

He said: "No matter who you get you're going to get a full house, home and away.

"It will be brilliant, brilliant for the club. It's had a lot of heartache for the past two years or so - or whatever the case may be - but this gives the fans something to look forward to.

"For a few weeks now we've been playing really, really well. We've come through a really hard run - the likes of Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal - that's really, really demanding.

"I think we are an easy target for people saying we're young and all that but we're playing very well, extremely well and the lads have been brilliant.

"They need a bit of help but if you can give them time and they can keep that collective spirit, with the crowd we've got, they'll drive us on. It was a huge win for us.

"I couldn't fault the lads with the way they played - with enthusiasm, passion, drive and the quality of football - that was excellent.

"All the lads deserve credit. Charles came on. We threw him in after a six week lay-off.

"The lads were absolutely brilliant, every one of them.

"There was Ashley who's been our best player over the last few weeks. We've got Bennett coming back, Vlaar coming back. We are slowly but surely getting there.

"We're doing really fine. It's another building block. I thought we were worthy winners."

Despite not wanting to single out individuals particularly, he was still keen to hail Brett Holman's cracking goal and Shay Given's amazing double save.

He added: "Brett's goal was fantastic. What a strike that was!

"With Shay, I have been in the game a long time and they are two of the best saves I have ever seen - absolute world-class. His saves were world-class."

That's a nice touch at the end there for Shay, thought he looked really shaky and was going to cost us but those saves were class, and the one from Holt was at 1-1.

I think Lambert needs to tone down the happy pills.  There's only so much enthusiasm a man can show before he just looks a bit crazy.

As for next steps, I'd rather avoid Chelsea in the semi - give someone else the chance to knock them out first.  If we get to the final, I really think we can do it - for the first time in years I think we can put a team out in a final which will play with no fear.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2012, 08:00:38 PM »
Swansea would be a nightmare, Chelsea could hurt us and Leeds is a very intimidating place. I'd love Leeds away though! I'd be happy with Middlesborough away for some strange reason

Yes home and away.

In the draw if it's 'Swansea City vs Aston Villa' then that means that the second leg will be played at Villa park, right?

Now that's sarcasm.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2012, 08:47:26 PM »
Sorry about all these pictures. Being a bit self indulgent.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2012, 08:51:47 PM »

Yes home and away.

In the draw if it's 'Swansea City vs Aston Villa' then that means that the second leg will be played at Villa park, right?

Now that's sarcasm.

It's not, I genuinely didn't know and am praying for the second leg to be at VP and wanted to be sure.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2012, 10:09:26 PM »
Aren't the BBC showing any of the semi finals this year?

What about the final?

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2012, 10:23:53 PM »
Our best chance of winning the cup is to draw Chelsea in the semi- final.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2012, 10:34:10 PM »
Our best chance of winning the cup is to draw Chelsea in the semi- final.

Why?  I'd say we stand more chance of beating Chelsea in a one-off game than in aggregate over two legs.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2012, 10:38:30 PM »
Aren't the BBC showing any of the semi finals this year?

What about the final?

Where have you heard that? Massive shame if so.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal