collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Capital Cup Semi Final dates?  (Read 13307 times)

Offline eastie

Re: Capital Cup Semi Final dates?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 12:58:30 PM »
Swansea would be a nightmare, Chelsea could hurt us and Leeds is a very intimidating place. I'd love Leeds away though! I'd be happy with Middlesborough away for some strange reason

It's still two legs isn't it?

Yes home and away.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 01:00:46 PM »
Swansea would be a nightmare, Chelsea could hurt us and Leeds is a very intimidating place. I'd love Leeds away though! I'd be happy with Middlesborough away for some strange reason

Yes home and away.

In the draw if it's 'Swansea City vs Aston Villa' then that means that the second leg will be played at Villa park, right?

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 01:01:32 PM »
Bradford over 2 legs is winnable!

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 01:08:53 PM »
Swansea would be a nightmare

We comfortably beat them earlier in the season.

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 01:16:57 PM »
Bradford will struggle against any of the teams left over two legs.  It's one thing raising your game in a one off knock out, it'll be extremely difficult to do it twice.  I'd love to draw them.  As for tonight, come on Boro!

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 01:27:03 PM »
All because chelski are in some pointless match!!!

That pointless match in Japan is only the semi final of the World Club Championship, FIFA really will do anything for a few quid.

Offline eastie

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2012, 01:39:42 PM »

Yes home and away.

In the draw if it's 'Swansea City vs Aston Villa' then that means that the second leg will be played at Villa park, right?
Correct.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2012, 02:16:29 PM »
I already have a pre-booked train from manchester to London for the final weekend for 25quid.

I'd pre-booked it because we have Arsenal scheduled for that weekend.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2012, 02:27:06 PM »
Leeds in the final anybody?

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2012, 02:42:32 PM »
We'll beat anyone in the Final. Including Chelsea.

Online Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2012, 02:51:54 PM »
Leeds in the final anybody?

Yes please. 3-0 Villa.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2012, 02:55:15 PM »
If Chelsea get through, I'd prefer to meet them in the semi than the final.

Another comprehensive defeat at Wembley would be crushing. We'd have more of a chance in the semi.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2012, 03:04:41 PM »
I've got a feeling it will be Chelsea in the semi.  We'll go into the away match with them on the 23rd knowing we've got them in the Coc semi as well.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2012, 03:06:19 PM »
Coc semi  .... .. fnaar fnaar

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2012, 03:49:31 PM »
Paul Lambert is relishing leading Villa into the semi-finals of the Capital One Cup, saying the titanic two-leg tussle will be "brilliant for the club and the fans."

Lambert managed to orchestrate the victory over his former club Norwich and the boss was full of praise for his team after the remarkable 4-1 win at Carrow Road.

He said they played with "enthusiasm, passion, drive and quality" as they booked their place for the New Year clashes in the last four of the competition.

He said: "No matter who you get you're going to get a full house, home and away.

"It will be brilliant, brilliant for the club. It's had a lot of heartache for the past two years or so - or whatever the case may be - but this gives the fans something to look forward to.

"For a few weeks now we've been playing really, really well. We've come through a really hard run - the likes of Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal - that's really, really demanding.

"I think we are an easy target for people saying we're young and all that but we're playing very well, extremely well and the lads have been brilliant.

"They need a bit of help but if you can give them time and they can keep that collective spirit, with the crowd we've got, they'll drive us on. It was a huge win for us.

"I couldn't fault the lads with the way they played - with enthusiasm, passion, drive and the quality of football - that was excellent.

"All the lads deserve credit. Charles came on. We threw him in after a six week lay-off.

"The lads were absolutely brilliant, every one of them.

"There was Ashley who's been our best player over the last few weeks. We've got Bennett coming back, Vlaar coming back. We are slowly but surely getting there.

"We're doing really fine. It's another building block. I thought we were worthy winners."

Despite not wanting to single out individuals particularly, he was still keen to hail Brett Holman's cracking goal and Shay Given's amazing double save.

He added: "Brett's goal was fantastic. What a strike that was!

"With Shay, I have been in the game a long time and they are two of the best saves I have ever seen - absolute world-class. His saves were world-class."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal