collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The cost of moving seats  (Read 7157 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
The cost of moving seats
« on: December 05, 2012, 01:23:26 PM »
Has anyone else on here moved their season ticket recently for a one-off game?  The club seem to be trying their best to piss season ticket holders off.

I've transferred my seat every now and again for a number of seasons so that I can sit with people I'm bringing along to games.  The first time I did this (a good few years ago) I moved it to the Trinity and it didn't cost me anything at all.  That seemed remarkably generous and sure enough the next time I transferred I had to pay the equivalent of the difference between my season ticket cost and a season ticket cost in the area I was moving to (1/19th of the cost).  This seemed fair enough and how it's been ever since.

Until this morning.

I rang to move my ticket from the Lower Holte to the Upper Holte for the Spurs game and this morning I was charged the difference between the full matchday price of the Upper Holte ticket and the season ticket equivalent of my seat.  This was over £12 or 50% of my season ticket match price.  I queried this with the lady at the ticket office and she confirmed that was the policy.

Has this changed then?  It seems ridiculous and actually discourages me from inviting other people as it's going to cost me so much more.  Having since thought about it it may even have been cheaper for me to just buy a ticket and then sell my season ticket on Viagogo which would deprive the club of more money as they have fewer seats to sell.

I can feel an email of complaint coming on but wanted to check with the wise heads of H&V before I rant at the club...

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: The cost of moving seats
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 02:30:23 PM »
Speak to Nicky Keye......

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 03:35:58 PM »
Or don't keep moving seats? ;)

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 04:01:51 PM »
There's that many empty seats these days you can sit where you like with who you like.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 04:03:42 PM »
From the OS.
Can I still move my seat to another area of the stadium if I wish to bring family or friends to one of the matches during the season?
Yes. Please note if you choose to relocate to a higher season ticket price category area, a charge in the form of the price difference between your regular season ticket seat category and the area you relocate to will be payable.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 04:29:43 PM »
Has anyone else on here moved their season ticket recently for a one-off game?  The club seem to be trying their best to piss season ticket holders off.

I've transferred my seat every now and again for a number of seasons so that I can sit with people I'm bringing along to games.  The first time I did this (a good few years ago) I moved it to the Trinity and it didn't cost me anything at all.  That seemed remarkably generous and sure enough the next time I transferred I had to pay the equivalent of the difference between my season ticket cost and a season ticket cost in the area I was moving to (1/19th of the cost).  This seemed fair enough and how it's been ever since.

Until this morning.

I rang to move my ticket from the Lower Holte to the Upper Holte for the Spurs game and this morning I was charged the difference between the full matchday price of the Upper Holte ticket and the season ticket equivalent of my seat.  This was over £12 or 50% of my season ticket match price.  I queried this with the lady at the ticket office and she confirmed that was the policy.

Has this changed then?  It seems ridiculous and actually discourages me from inviting other people as it's going to cost me so much more.  Having since thought about it it may even have been cheaper for me to just buy a ticket and then sell my season ticket on Viagogo which would deprive the club of more money as they have fewer seats to sell.

I can feel an email of complaint coming on but wanted to check with the wise heads of H&V before I rant at the club...

Just move to the cheapest seat in the upper on the wings, then go and pick an empty seat.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 04:36:43 PM »
From the OS.
Can I still move my seat to another area of the stadium if I wish to bring family or friends to one of the matches during the season?
Yes. Please note if you choose to relocate to a higher season ticket price category area, a charge in the form of the price difference between your regular season ticket seat category and the area you relocate to will be payable.

It's clear in the T&C's, but it doesn't exactly encourage fans to bring family and friends does it?

Offline peter w

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 05:08:10 PM »
Lee (Legion)did it for a game I went to. He'll know.

Offline claret and blue blood

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 05:58:54 PM »
Went to the ticket office by the McGregor statue before the Reading game, I sit in the cheap season ticket area in the Trinity mid way over at the end by the North Stand. It took them ages to work it out as I wanted to sit in the Holte, it was £14 for me and Junior's seats to swap.In the end we just walked under the stand at half time and sat in the Trinity lower  by the corner flag as there were loads of empty seats. Great view of Benteke's goal !

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 06:35:21 PM »
If you sit in either the Trinity upper or Witton Upper you can pretty much move about FOC due to the volume of empty seats (M'Lord).

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 06:58:09 PM »

It cost me £17 to relocate from P8 to K6.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 07:29:08 PM »

That's ridiculous.  It really is a disincentive to both invite friends and family and even to buy a season ticket in the first place.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 07:34:12 PM »
It's because my seat in P8 is one of the 'cheap' ones and where I moved to in the Holte was markedly more expensive.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 07:35:51 PM »

That's ridiculous.  It really is a disincentive to both invite friends and family and even to buy a season ticket in the first place.
If I was you i'd call or email them and make a point about it.
Seems a tad unfair to me.
Drop in a 'Well I don't think i'll be renewing next season' in and you may find their attitude might change.

Offline Top Cat

• GM : 03.02.2023
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 07:37:55 PM »
We moved from Lower Trinity to Upper North stand for one match only but think the seats were actually cheaper as we didn't have to pay anything (didn't get a refund either).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal