collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:41:18 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by paul_e
[Today at 11:40:14 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 11:35:16 AM]

NSWE Investment by dave.woodhall
[Today at 11:33:19 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by OCD
[Today at 11:13:37 AM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:12:08 AM]

Olympiacos flights by Des Little
[Today at 11:08:37 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:50:46 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Loan moves...  (Read 7986 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Loan moves...
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 09:53:54 AM »
I'm not sure a loan move will make the difference for Albrighton - I just don't think he's good enough sadly.

Carruthers needs to go out on loan - he's looked decent when he's come on but his appearances have been far too limited.  He needs to get some match experience.

Delph - read Albrighton.

Bowery - I was talking to a Chesterfield fan today who said Bowery wasn't very good for them and he's no idea why we bought him.  Send him out on loan and see what happens.

Stevens - yes, send out on loan.  Not sure he'll ever be good enough for the top flight but giving him some experience in the Championship can't do any harm.

Baker - I'd send him out too.  I'm not convinced he's top flight material either but it would be good to see him get experience of some of the strikers in the 2nd tier.

Wiemann - nope.  I think he's good enough to play for us regularly so no need to send him out.

We'd have about two subs left every week.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 12:10:51 PM »
The Fonz doesnt seem to be ripping up any trees at Blackpool.
Are you surprised?

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 12:16:51 PM »
Are you surprised?

Not really.  Yet when he returns to the club I am sure there will some saying "he needs a run of games in the team" even though he has proved he's not really up to Championship standard. 

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 02:20:04 PM »
I'm not sure a loan move will make the difference for Albrighton - I just don't think he's good enough sadly.

Carruthers needs to go out on loan - he's looked decent when he's come on but his appearances have been far too limited.  He needs to get some match experience.

Delph - read Albrighton.

Bowery - I was talking to a Chesterfield fan today who said Bowery wasn't very good for them and he's no idea why we bought him.  Send him out on loan and see what happens.

Stevens - yes, send out on loan.  Not sure he'll ever be good enough for the top flight but giving him some experience in the Championship can't do any harm.

Baker - I'd send him out too.  I'm not convinced he's top flight material either but it would be good to see him get experience of some of the strikers in the 2nd tier.

Wiemann - nope.  I think he's good enough to play for us regularly so no need to send him out.

We'd have about two subs left every week.

Didn't this thread start with 'Should we sign 3-4 players in January...'?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 08:24:27 PM »
Delph surely?

He's only going to be in fits and starts here for the rest of the season so I'd send him off somewhere and hope he dosen't come back injured again.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 09:27:25 PM »
We won't  sign 3 or 4 players in January. One at the most however Albrighton and Delph should go on loan.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 09:39:47 PM »
I'm not sure Albrighton has ever gone past full backs.  In any case getting him up to speed again as a winger isn't much use to us when the manager has stated he doesn't want to play with out and out wingers. One assumes he needs to be able to play the role just behind the strikers if Lambert is going to play him. 

I don't see any logic in loaning out Weimann, he's had his off days and moments, but generally has looked more likely to get on the scoresheet regularly than anyone except Benteke.   A bad miss on Tuesday but he's getting into the positions and has been unlucky on a few occasions this season - woodwork against Everton, a shot cleared off the line v Swansea, offside against the Arse, brilliant stop by De Gea.  Keep him in, let him gain in confidence and I reckon he'll be fine for us.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 09:43:35 PM »
We won't  sign 3 or 4 players in January. One at the most however Albrighton and Delph should go on loan.
One at the most? In the summer we signed nine players.

Why do you think that all of a sudden we won't sign anybody?

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2012, 12:23:14 AM »
I'm not sure Albrighton has ever gone past full backs.  In any case getting him up to speed again as a winger isn't much use to us when the manager has stated he doesn't want to play with out and out wingers. One assumes he needs to be able to play the role just behind the strikers if Lambert is going to play him. 

The only time I'd suggest a loan for Weimann is if we signed a real inside forward.  Basically I do not want to see him sat on the bench.  He's definitely good enough for us but if we cannot provide him with the games then I would prefer to see him ripping up the championship than sat on the bench.  He needs games right now.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2012, 02:37:38 AM »
Are you surprised?

Not really.  Yet when he returns to the club I am sure there will some saying "he needs a run of games in the team" even though he has proved he's not really up to Championship standard. 

Er, he's proving that he's more than up to Championship standard. He's scored a few goals, is starting most matches and had Holloway singing his praises the other week before he left.

Weimann is starting at the moment so I don't understand why people are worrying about him being benched and not getting any games.

Offline supertom

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2012, 10:15:15 AM »
I think a front man will be last on Lamberts mind. Even if Bent is sold, he'll (hopefully) be looking firstly at sorting out midfield and defence. He rates Gabby, he certainly seems to rate Weimann too. I don't think he's too worried about throwing in Bowery if he had too.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2012, 10:36:22 AM »
One at the most? In the summer we signed nine players.

Why do you think that all of a sudden we won't sign anybody?
Summer was different with a new manager new philosophy. Now we need to settle down and consolidate. This will not happen if we keep bringing in new players to try. Any signing in January will have to be exact medicine where we need it.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2012, 11:38:06 AM »

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2012, 11:46:12 AM »

The only time I'd suggest a loan for Weimann is if we signed a real inside forward.  Basically I do not want to see him sat on the bench.  He's definitely good enough for us but if we cannot provide him with the games then I would prefer to see him ripping up the championship than sat on the bench.  He needs games right now.

Not sure why you're quoting my Albrighton comment to make a point about Weimann. 

I agree with you about Weimann except when you said he's looked the weak link in the team - as my examples illustrate, he's been the one, aside from Benteke, regularly getting into good scoring positions, and has been unlucky not have 4 or 5 goals this season.  I'd have him in ahead of Gabby every time.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2012, 02:18:19 PM »
Not sure why you're quoting my Albrighton comment to make a point about Weimann. 

The perils of posting after a few drinks.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal