collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Dr Butler
[Today at 12:27:11 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by PeterWithe
[Today at 12:23:50 PM]

Champions League Contention by PaulWinch again
[Today at 12:16:20 PM]

NSWE Investment by Bad English
[Today at 12:15:40 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:10:05 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 12:09:08 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:01:43 PM]

150 celebrations by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:41:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Get behind the team  (Read 11045 times)

Offline Hoppo

Re: Get behind the team
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2012, 09:50:38 PM »
Morons? Scumbags? These were Villa fans just because they had a different opinion and hadn't had some of your education does not make them less of a fan. The bigoted views are shocking.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2012, 09:57:18 PM »
Morons? Scumbags? These were Villa fans just because they had a different opinion and hadn't had some of your education does not make them less of a fan. The bigoted views are shocking.
Come off it.
Do you really think they are your typical Villa supporters?
Most of them were eager to get on the TV and act the Goat.

How does climbing up a fucking fence adequately register your displeasure at an incoming Manager?

I still maintain that a lot of them were not proper supporters.

Anybody who refuses to carry on supporting the club because they don't like the Manager, surely can't be a proper supporter anyway.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2012, 09:58:57 PM »
Well said Hoppo. A nose friend of mine was attempting to wind me up by saying they were not 'proper' fans because they were not behind the manager. I told him 'we're not shit because we don't accept shit. You are because you do'.

Although Fletch has got a point about some of them, I still reckon it's a small minority. We do have a history of militant supporters demonstrating and campaigning for what they see as the best interests of the club.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 10:03:26 PM by Percy McCarthy »

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2012, 10:01:21 PM »
I'm a bit torn on this.

Albrighton earns very good money to be a footballer and a winger in particular, yet in the past 18 months has delivered a handful of decent crosses. Under no pressure, when we desperately needed to create chances, to do that then the reaction he got was pretty tame. Look at what the reaction was to Warnock's own goal last season.

That said this bunch of inexperienced lads need as much positive support as they can get and in the main they are getting it from the Villa fans that are bothering to turn up.

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2012, 10:03:30 PM »
It's not bigoted to say that some of the people in that video would have to pass at least 12 detailed exams just to attain the rank of thick c.unt.

And most supporters, whilst in an understandable daze about his appointment, did get behind him.

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2012, 10:05:15 PM »
Although Fletch has got a point about some of them, I still reckon it's a small minority. We do have a history of militant supporters demonstrating and campaigning for what they see as the best interests of the club.
I agree Percy, but generally they've been organised, mainly civilised protests, that demonstration when McCatpiss got appointed looked like the Annual General meeting of the Rubery Glee Club.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2012, 10:05:25 PM »
Morons? Scumbags? These were Villa fans just because they had a different opinion and hadn't had some of your education does not make them less of a fan.
Probably no less of a fan. I'm sure they thought they had the best interests of the club at heart.

Doesn't mean that they weren't acting likes dicks.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2012, 10:07:14 PM »
I agree Percy, but generally they've been organised, mainly civilised protests, that demonstration when McCatpiss got appointed looked like the Annual General meeting of the Rubery Glee Club.

Yes, but that's what happens when good people do nothing

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2012, 10:27:40 PM »
One things for sure, the whole McLeish thing will be debated for many, many years to come because I don't think we'll ever find any rhyme or reason for why it ever happened.

As that lispy, orange haired slag sang in the 80's
'It's a mystery.'

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal