collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Get behind the team  (Read 11044 times)

Offline supertom

Re: Can we have this as a sticky for this season
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 03:17:32 PM »
In Albrightons case, one of his key strengths is supposed to be his crossing. In his good half season under GH, his crossing was excellent. It just seems to have become really inconsistent. It's just sadly a little obvious that he's too limited to make it at this level. But it's a case of needs must at the moment for Lambert. Albrighton's our only fit winger, so if he wants someone to chalk their boots and offer some width (though PL is obviously more centrally minded), then we've not got a lot.
If he's got any chance of making it the lad, then he's got to get over any nerves, lack of confidence, whatever. This is a make or break season for most of the young players that Lambert inherited.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 03:39:55 PM »
The thing about Albrighton is, he's got it in him, he just can't do the simple things he used to. So frustrating
Added to it, he's 23, not a kid. I'm 20 and when I make a mistake at work, I get told and I don't have the luxery of 1-20k a week

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 04:06:55 PM »
As someone said on here before he may one day justify his millionaire lifestyle with a decent performance.

Criticism? Too right, he pays more for his jeans than most on here earn in a week.

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 04:12:59 PM »
I think he's been extremely poor in the appearances he's made this season.  Although that particular cross did piss me off. it's more that his current form doesn't warrant a place on the pitch IMHO.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 04:31:17 PM »
How about stickying a definition of "Roller-coaster season" - so that we can avoid an entry to The Guinness Book of Records for the number of times it is used without people demonstrating any understanding of what that might entail?
That is - ups and downs - then maybe we can stop thinking we're at the start of something amazing everytime we put in a half decent performance, or that we are on our way to the Blue Square premier everytime we get beaten.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 04:32:28 PM »
In Albrightons case, one of his key strengths is supposed to be his crossing. In his good half season under GH, his crossing was excellent. It just seems to have become really inconsistent. It's just sadly a little obvious that he's too limited to make it at this level. But it's a case of needs must at the moment for Lambert. Albrighton's our only fit winger, so if he wants someone to chalk their boots and offer some width (though PL is obviously more centrally minded), then we've not got a lot.
If he's got any chance of making it the lad, then he's got to get over any nerves, lack of confidence, whatever. This is a make or break season for most of the young players that Lambert inherited.

Disagree with that Tom.  He could have easily brought Ireland on for Weimann the other night and pushed Holman out wide. 

« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 04:35:00 PM by tomd2103 »

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 04:37:16 PM »
Yes, the Villa fans have no patience at all, they rounded on McLeish from his first game in charge against Blackburn.

Na, they didn't wait that long, they were giving him shit at Fulham away :-)  And I saw him at The Shakespeare in the July after he signed and gave him a piece of my mind I can tell you.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 05:32:04 PM »
Yes, the Villa fans have no patience at all, they rounded on McLeish from his first game in charge against Blackburn.

Na, they didn't wait that long, they were giving him shit at Fulham away :-)  And I saw him at The Shakespeare in the July after he signed and gave him a piece of my mind I can tell you.

So we're all pretending the demonstration outside VP before he was appointed didn't happen are we.

Offline rutski

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 06:17:29 PM »

So we're all pretending the demonstration outside VP before he was appointed didn't happen are we.
i didnt see any hostility at the fulham match, most peoples attitude seemed to be, well we have got him now, may as well put up with him! though they never welcomed him.
yes there were the eejits outside the ground and they looked good didnt they? cant remember too much crap at the blackburn match either, my old man who rarely lavishes praise on anyone said of n'zogbia that day ' now that is a special player, he is going to be a villa great if he carries on like that! how wrong can you be!

Offline ez

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 06:26:29 PM »
Albrighton got a horrendous reaction against Reading when his attempted cross went miles into the Holte.

Got a horrendous reaction in my sitting room too. It was just unfortunate for him that it happened when we were getting desperate. It was an instinctive thing, a gut reaction to a wonderful opportunity wasted.
There was a frustrated reaction too from the villa player running in at the far post, possibly Weimann.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 06:29:10 PM »
Well to be honest given the time he had to cross it and the lack of pressure he was under, it was one of the poorest crosses I've seen.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
Re: Get behind the team
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 07:24:55 PM »

A few morons, as well you know Chris.
There was no booing of him until the fateful Bolton game, You and I both know he got a fairly easy ride over the season.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2012, 07:26:27 PM »
There were a few boos and murmerings of discontent from the crowd before the Bolton game, but that was when the tide turned considerably.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2012, 07:53:58 PM »

There was no booing of him until the fateful Bolton game, You and I both know he got a fairly easy ride over the season.
Wigan away (25-02) was his first real volley of concerted abuse. And deservedly, he managed that game appallingly.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2012, 07:56:32 PM »

Morons maybe but there were a few hundred of them.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal