collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Get behind the team  (Read 11031 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Get behind the team
« on: November 29, 2012, 12:33:39 PM »
It sums up exactly what we need

"A Villa side with the average age of 23 is going to be littered with mistakes. These kids will learn from their mistakes. I suggest they get the backing from the fans not barracking which makes them scared to try something outside of a square 10yrd pass".
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 06:47:37 PM by Legion »

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
Re: Can we have this as a sticky for this season
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 12:38:05 PM »
Albrighton got a horrendous reaction against Reading when his attempted cross went miles into the Holte.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 12:43:33 PM »
Albrighton got a horrendous reaction against Reading when his attempted cross went miles into the Holte.

Got a horrendous reaction in my sitting room too. It was just unfortunate for him that it happened when we were getting desperate. It was an instinctive thing, a gut reaction to a wonderful opportunity wasted.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 12:50:17 PM »
I think to be fair the fans have been very supportive given our record over the last couple of years. Our frustrations are bound to be voiced sometimes.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 12:50:24 PM »

I was one of them. I agree with the initial statement and get annoyed myself with other fans being impatient, but in Albrightons case, he's demonstrated that he's shit for the last 2/3 seasons.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 12:50:29 PM »
I think to be fair the fans have been very supportive given our record over the last couple of years. Our frustrations are bound to be voiced sometimes.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 12:55:14 PM »
I agree with the sentiment of this thread, really I do, but when 30,000 people collectively sigh or vent their spleen when something shit happens in a tight, dour game, it makes something of a hullabaloo. Abuse is something different of course.
Likewise, when 30,000 people explode into rapture when a perfect corner is delivered and their new darling bonces it into the net, it makes a right old clatter. The fortunes of sport.

But yes, give them some leeway. They don't need the added hassle but they must know they carry the hopes of tens of thousands on their young shoulders. They have to expect disappointment when something as shit as Albrighton's cross happens. I know I let out something of a groan. It's human nature.
The ones that succeed are the ones who can brush it off and try it again. Bannan seems to manage this well for instance.

I half expected a round of boos at half time on Tuesday but was pleasantly suprised that there was a subdued, almost sympathetic half hearted grumbling. A Parliamentary murmur you might say.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 01:19:10 PM »
Any chance of changing the title to reflect the content better, Hookey?

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 01:20:15 PM »
It sums up exactly what we need

"A Villa side with the average age of 23 is going to be littered with mistakes. These kids will learn from their mistakes. I suggest they get the backing from the fans not barracking which makes them scared to try something outside of a square 10yrd pass".

Fame at last  8)

Offline bruisedshins

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 01:31:39 PM »

He got a chorus of "Super Marc Albrighton" from L8.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 01:44:23 PM »
Yes, the Villa fans have no patience at all, they rounded on McLeish from his first game in charge against Blackburn.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 01:47:39 PM »

He certainly did from me. I was sat in the Lower Trinity right  in line behind that "cross".

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 01:57:15 PM »
I believe Villa supporters are amongst the best when it comes to backing young players, whenever a kid has come through the ranks like the Moores or whoever, the crowd have cheered them on more loudly than an established player.

At least that's what i've found.

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 02:18:02 PM »
The thing is that even if the crowd as a whole are supportive there will be individuals or even small groups who will for whatever reason shout brainless abuse at players. We seem to have more than our fair share of them at Villa Park.

I've heard it even when the team is doing well, particularly near the touch lines.

At one point in Tuesday's game I was sure I heard the phrase 'little shit' get picked up on one of the crowd mics.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 03:11:26 PM »
I must admit I shouted something profane at the screen when Albrighton made that awful attempt at a cross.  I immediately felt guilty when they then showed a close up of the poor lad's mush and he looked as if he was about to burst into tears.  I think his confidence must be shot to bits and he probably needs a bit of encouragement.  That said, he's probably on twenty grand a week and should have better technique than that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal