collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How do you rate Lamberts purchases out of ten  (Read 9873 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: How do you rate Lamberts purchases out of ten
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 11:11:52 AM »
For the money paid most are pretty good signings. but how many of them would have been in our first team 3 to 4 seasons ago.

I thought that when they showed the clip of Laursen scoring on Sky Sports last night.  A team with Young, Laursen and Carew etc.   

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 11:12:10 AM »
Benteke 8 - looks a real handful and is contributing with goals.

Guzan 8 - inspired move to re-sign him.  Has been very solid. 

Vlaar 7- natural leader who is strong defensively and is decent on the ball.

Lowton 7 - has adapted well to the Premier League and is reminiscent of Mark Delaney.  Needs to offer more going forward though.

Westwood 7 - has been good the past few games and looks comfortable in the top flight.

KEA 6 - has faded a little over the past few weeks after a good start to the season. 

Bennett 5 - has struggled a little in the few games he has played, but has shown glimpses of quality.

Bowery - unfair to make an assessment at this point. 

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 11:17:49 AM »
Bowery 10 - must be awesome if he's relegated Bent to the stands.

Unless there's a couple of injuries, all we'll see him do is warm up (kind of the new Mattieu Berson or Vaclav Drobny)

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 11:29:46 AM »
A bit early to judge I think, we've had players before who start brilliantly only to fade and others who are slow burners but turn out to be mainstays of the side. I will say though that I like this approach and I think I'm going to enjoy watching them develop, individually and collectively, over the next couple of years.

Offline Summers

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 11:46:47 AM »
1.Benteke   8. Probably be 10 by the end of the season. What a gem.

2.Westwood 7. Again, it'll rise. The lad is talent. It could be an 8 in a few weeks if he keeps up this level of performance.

3.KEA  6. He started well, seems everyone has given up on him already but he has talent and he'll do well for us.

4. Vlaar 8. Concrete Ron. Enough said.

5. Lowton 8. Most surprisingly he's already the most settled. Benteke, Westy & Vlaar all look brilliant but you can see they're not 100% settled yet. Lowton is. He's made a massive step up and he's settled in perfectly. Every inch the Premiership full back. Bargain.

6. Bennett 6. Early to judge, but he's good. Needs to maybe work on the physical side and get stronger but a good signing none the less.

7. Guzan 8. What a god-damn keeper. Sensational. Great shot stopper, commanding and a vital part of our team.

Offline teamvillage

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 11:58:22 AM »
For the money paid most are pretty good signings. but how many of them would have been in our first team 3 to 4 seasons ago.

Benteke would be there or thereabouts. RB was always pretty weak for us in the MON years so I think Lowton would have. Or alternatively, if we're talking the years when Olly was playing RB, then Vlaar would get in at CB.

Offline Risso

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 12:00:15 PM »
A bit early to judge I think, we've had players before who start brilliantly only to fade and others who are slow burners but turn out to be mainstays of the side. I will say though that I like this approach and I think I'm going to enjoy watching them develop, individually and collectively, over the next couple of years.

Bloody hell Chris, nobody is asking you to give a binding, cast iron five year prediction, just say how they're doing so far!

Offline Risso

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 12:01:58 PM »

Benteke would be there or thereabouts. RB was always pretty weak for us in the MON years so I think Lowton would have. Or alternatively, if we're talking the years when Olly was playing RB, then Vlaar would get in at CB.

I think that's a fair point, although he'd probably have had Lowton at left back and Vlaar at right back.  *Bing bong, Percy to the thread please*

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2012, 12:02:42 PM »
I agree. I like the idea of what we're trying to do and of course long term I'll stick with the plan. It's frustrating to watch match to match though because of the inconsistency of performance that comes with a long term plan.

I suppose 3 extra points from where we are now would make it all a bit more relaxing. Obviously everyone is different but I find what we are trying to achieve now more enjoyable than the MON era which ultimately achieved nothing other than debt. How more enjoyable will a nice steady climb up the league over a few seasons be and then ending up as a self sustaining top 6 club.

Back to thread, Guzan, Bentike, Westwood will be part of the squad for as long as we can keep them. The rest will be part of the rotation of the squad upwards over time. Don't think we'll lose money on any of them.

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 12:04:09 PM »

Bloody hell Chris, nobody is asking you to give a binding, cast iron five year prediction, just say how they're doing so far!

If it's a case of rating them out of ten on how they're doing so far I can't see see how scores of 8's and 9's can be bandied around when we're in 17th spot. Potentially yes, but currently no.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2012, 12:05:01 PM »

It's like a waiter asking how your meal was half way through your starter.

Offline Risso

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2012, 12:07:31 PM »

No, it's like a waiter asking how your starter is halfway through your starter. 

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2012, 12:08:55 PM »

No, it's like a waiter asking how your starter is halfway through your starter. 

"Looks good but potentially might give me the shits mate"

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2012, 12:11:34 PM »
1.Benteke   8   Big potential

2.Westwood 9 Looks a class act and can only get better

3.Kea  5 steady

4. Ron 4/5 I'm unconvinced so far. Some good performances, some glaring errors

5. Lowton 7 Looks a good solid full back

6. Bennet 4 Good on the ball, needs to be stronger for me

7.Guzan 8 Good decision to re-sign him

about right , maybe 6 for Ronny

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2012, 12:12:13 PM »
It's like the waiter asking how your starter is after Martin O'neill's wanked in the soup.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal