collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Your favourite current Villa player.  (Read 20596 times)

Online Duncan Shaw

Re: Your favourite current Villa player.
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2012, 03:25:45 PM »
Can't stand any of them, bunch of leaching prima-donnas who are....oh, er, sorry, that was last year and the year before....

Can't stand any of them . second-rate championship crap who are only going to take us one way...oh, er, sorry that is the nay'sayers!

:-)

Gabby obviously, with Benteke a close second.

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2012, 03:27:33 PM »
I've seen Bannan have some unbelievably good games in the stiffs and the youth team.  Great to see him doing it at the senior level. He's my favourite.  Honorable mentions to Clark, Baker, Albrighton, Herd and Weimann who I've also followed through the reserves.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2012, 03:39:41 PM »
I like Ireland and Westwood.

I'm not keen on NZogbia & Agbonlahor if I'm honest.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2012, 03:41:47 PM »
Bannan and Gabby.

Offline supertommykN'iba

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2012, 03:49:21 PM »
Ireland - his vision, touch, passing - all excellent. Also he seems to have started working for the team when he plays.
Weimann - I love his work rate and finishing. He's been unlucky not to score more goals this season and think they'll come for him soon. Also seems to love playing for the club, which links to...
Bannan - Always admired him since I first saw him which must have been 07/08 sort of time. Great passer and a hard worker. Surprised he hasn't scored more goals as well!
Westwood - Didn't think he'd be much good after Southampton but he's been on fire since he came back into the side at Sunderland. Looks extremely promising. Can see why Swansea apparently wanted him as his passing/composure is absolutely superb.
Vlaar - Great signing and will hopefully be with us for years to come - if he is, I can see him making a name for himself like Laursen did.
Baker - That word again - Composure. Most composed player I've ever seen come through the ranks, which with his strength, heading ability, tackling etc is a great asset to him. Think he'll be a big player to us in years to come.

To be honest, I could probably carry on writing and end up describing the whole squad, bar one or two. As others have said it's very hard to dislike anyone out of this lot. People can slate the football we're playing - it's a results business, but I'm really enjoying it at times and if nothing else, Lambert has got them wanting to play.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2012, 04:01:12 PM »
Gabby for me Mr Villa.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2012, 04:02:17 PM »
Impressed with Benteke but my favourite for a while now has been Weimann.  I hope he gets an extended run because I think he's great at off the ball movement, is a natural finisher like Bent, and has more to his all round game.   

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2012, 04:04:56 PM »
A lot of Weimann fans aren't there!

Vlaar, Lowton, Guzan, Benteke in that order at the moment for me.

Offline eastie

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2012, 04:07:29 PM »
Gabby for me Mr Villa.

Still needs to do more for me I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 04:52:45 PM by eastie »

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2012, 04:12:01 PM »
Gabby for me Mr Villa.

If the question was  least favourite I would agree with you.

Hutton and Warnock still on the books eastie....

Gabby should be the most common name, longest servant etc, but consistency, sulking on the wing and not carrying a goal threat for 3 seasons at all have seen him become a bit of a Paul Dickov like footballer with a bit more pace. Runs about a lot, is a nuisance, but not really a massive concern to the opposition until he switches it on once in a blue moon. Sad, but in the side for his work rate now, not his quality.

Offline glasses

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2012, 04:17:43 PM »
Edit.

Pointless drivel. Nothing to see here
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 04:40:52 PM by glasses »

Offline eastie

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2012, 04:18:15 PM »
Gabby for me Mr Villa.

Hutton and Warnock still on the books eastie....

Gabby should be the most common name, longest servant etc, but consistency, sulking on the wing and not carrying a goal threat for 3 seasons at all have seen him become a bit of a Paul Dickov like footballer with a bit more pace. Runs about a lot, is a nuisance, but not really a massive concern to the opposition until he switches it on once in a blue moon. Sad, but in the side for his work rate now, not his quality.

Fair assessment Ozzie, regarding Hutton and warnock I wasn't thinking of them as they are on the way out.
As for gabby I'm pleased to see him improving in recent weeks but have been frustrated with him over the last couple of years.
His loyalty cannot be questioned but he is nowhere near the player he was 4 years ago, I hope that lambert can help him rediscover that form.

We have the nucleas of a very good young side and the future looks bright if we start to pick up a few wins.

Impressed this season by Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Westwood and benteke .
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 04:54:33 PM by eastie »

Offline Summers

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2012, 04:21:35 PM »
Vlaar.

Followed by Lowton, Westy, Weimann & Benteke.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2012, 04:40:18 PM »
Ireland, Benteke, Weimann, Guzan in no particular order.  Honorable mentions to Bannan and Enda.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2012, 04:48:37 PM »
As others have said, it's very refreshing to look at our current squad and actually like all of them. I don't know about anybody else, but I haven't felt as connected to a Villa team as I do now for a very, very long time. I think this is because they're such a young, likeable group of lads, and given our current position in the league I literally feel like I'm fighting with them for every ball.

As for my stand-out favourite, it has to be wee Barry Bannan. He just seems like the only player in our squad with a proper bit of flair in him, and always brings a sense of urgency with him when he gets on the ball, which players like Ireland, who you see getting more praises, seriously lack.

If we're going to become this fast-paced, tika-taka, all-action team that fears nobody, I'd say we need to build the team around him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal