collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: atmosphere today  (Read 9643 times)

Offline nornironvillain

atmosphere today
« on: November 25, 2012, 12:04:40 AM »
was a bit subdued today - has the results got to our home crowd? (and i know about our home record this calendar year)
all season it has been very good and against utd it was bouncing (even before we scored) - was it the weather, or have we started to wane a bit too?

commentators said it a few times, and usually when you watch a game on tv, Villa fans are right up for it - today seemed dead

on espn you could hear every Arsenal song, and when the Villa are live on tv, its very rare you hear the away fans!!!

Offline nicardinho

Re: atmosphere today
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 12:16:05 AM »
was a bit subdued today - has the results got to our home crowd? (and i know about our home record this calendar year)
all season it has been very good and against utd it was bouncing (even before we scored) - was it the weather, or have we started to wane a bit too?

commentators said it a few times, and usually when you watch a game on tv, Villa fans are right up for it - today seemed dead

on espn you could hear every Arsenal song, and when the Villa are live on tv, its very rare you hear the away fans!!!

I didn't get over to the Man United game so can't offer that as a comparison but to be honest I thought it was the best atmosphere I'd felt at Villa Park for a long time. Much less negativity around than any point since about 2010.

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 12:23:09 AM »
I thought the atmosphere today was the best since the Liverpool game when Blues went down.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 12:26:44 AM »
I thought the atmosphere today was the best since the Liverpool game when Blues went down.

Oh yeah?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 12:31:08 AM by saunders_heroes »

Offline nornironvillain

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 12:27:42 AM »
really?

sorry guys but on the tv it didnt seem like that - and it was mentioned (a few times) that Villa park was very subdued

granted i wasnt there - but on the tele it was Arsenal fans songs coming through loud and clear

im very surprised that 2 replies and both say that this was the best atmosphere at Villa that they have heard in a while

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 12:32:34 AM »
I was in the lower north and it was a bit quiet in there. Maybe it was the weather? It was utterly grim today.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 12:36:24 AM »
I was in the lower north and it was a bit quiet in there. Maybe it was the weather? It was utterly grim today.

Try standing in it for two hours.

Offline nornironvillain

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 12:40:34 AM »

fair play to you - it looked feckin awful

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 12:50:46 AM »
I noticed it was a bit subdued today.  I actually tried to start a chant or two in my area of the Lower Holte but failed miserably.  It did pick up some in the second half though.

Offline Holte132

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 08:54:05 AM »
I think it depends on where you were in VP. At the back of the Upper Holte we hardly stopped all game. The TV companies always put the microphones by the away fans so they always sound loud. The weather didn't help, though!

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 09:07:44 AM »
The Holte end was rocking second half, atmosphere was good for a 34k crowd.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 09:17:19 AM »
Was there as usual and I thought our fans for once were great. Total support and no moaning. Arsenal supporters were also the best behaved away fans so far this season however they were the quietest fans so far this season as well. Sometimes the TV, actually most times, gives you wrong impression. ESPN only have one mic placed halfway at Witton lane stand!

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 09:23:21 AM »

I *was* in it for two hours!

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 10:25:45 AM »
Depends where you are in the ground. I was in the Holte for the first time in about 10 years and I thought the crowd was great in the 2nd half. My usual seat is in the Witton Upper which is usually subdued anyway, but like most of the other stands, takes it's cues from The Holte End.

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 10:29:17 AM »
Armchair 'fans' knocking the atmosphere.. pisses me off nearly as much as Small Heath Fans.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal