collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Hutton loan to Forest  (Read 16720 times)

Offline peter w

Re: Hutton loan to Forest
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2013, 10:00:41 PM »
Sounds as shit as ever.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2013, 02:51:11 PM »
Has he got one or two more years left with us after this season? Another pay-off beckons in the summer.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2013, 02:57:49 PM »
I watched the Real Mallorca v Real Madrid game at the weekend. At one point, Hutton came up for a corner and leapt like a farmed salmon to head the ball completely wide.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2013, 02:58:07 PM »
Play him.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2013, 02:59:33 PM »
Play him.

I'd play him if we started a darts team.  He looks like he'd be handy with the old arrows!

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2013, 07:59:40 PM »
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-hutton-says-playing-against-1766648
Alan Hutton: "I went from doing nothing at Aston Villa, to playing against Real Madrid the next minute."
21 Mar 2013 08:16
Alan Hutton says playing against Real Madrid has eased his pain after wasting away at Aston Villa

Claret-and-blue cast-off Alan Hutton reckons his reign in Spain has convinced him he is a good player after all following his exclusion at Villa.

Hutton is on loan at La Liga strugglers Real Mallorca until the end of the season after being frozen out of Paul Lambert’s first-team plans.

The 28-year-old right-back is contracted to Villa until the summer of 2015, but is unlikely to feature in Lambert’s future plans. Hutton would be open to the idea of making a permanent switch to the Balearics if a deal could be agreed.

As he prepares for Scotland’s World Cup qualifiers against Wales and Serbia, Hutton admits regular football has rescued his international career.

“When I was joining up with the Scotland squad I knew it was getting to the stage in the season where, if I wasn’t playing for my club, I couldn’t expect to turn up and play for my country, so I knew I had to do something,” said Hutton.

“When I got the chance to move to Spain I had to back my own ability. You need the confidence to say, ‘I am good enough, I can play’.

“I knew I could cope with it if I was 100 per cent fit, playing and training, but it’s one thing thinking like that and saying it.

“Eventually you have to go out there on the pitch and show it. I think I’m doing that now because I’m getting a run of games and my sharpness is back.”

It dawned on Hutton that he was surplus to requirements when he failed to make the squad for Villa’s pre-season tour of America and he was right – he was subsequently forced to train with the club’s youngsters for half a season.

“To go from doing nothing at Aston Villa, feeling as if I was wasting away, then to be playing against Real Madrid the next minute, it definitely makes it that bit more special,” he added.

“I don’t really know what happened at Villa. As far as I can see they’re moving in a different direction, whether it be youth or whatever. It wasn’t really made clear.

“I realised things were going badly when I didn’t go on the pre-season tour and then I was training with the first team, then the kids.

“Eventually, you think, ‘What am I doing here? I’m getting nothing out of this’.

“I went into a dip because it was affecting everything – my confidence, my life at home, my performance and my Scotland career as well.”

I wonder what the score Alan against Real Madrid :)

Offline manic-road

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2013, 08:22:26 PM »
He wondered why he was not training with the first team?

1. He should have asked the gaffer why
2. He should have realised that he is shit

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2013, 08:48:40 PM »
I never had an issue with his attitude and I dont now. The guy is just trying to get game time and improve his career. I dont think he should try to big himself up too much though. he is playing on loan for a far worse team than Villa. Yeah they get to play against Real Madrid, but Reading get to play against Manchester United, it really counts for jack squat.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2013, 09:08:03 PM »
Hopefully he's enjoying playing again and appreciating that he's actually a footballer.
This way he'll be more inclined to seek a move in the summer rather than just pick up his pay cheque each week.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2013, 09:26:07 AM »
So, Mallorca have been relegated then.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2013, 10:31:41 AM »
So, Mallorca have been relegated then.

Have they? Shit. Welcome fucking back Alan.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2013, 11:08:25 AM »
Yep they finished bottom of La Liga with a mere 33 points.
Barca racked up 100 points.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2013, 11:16:00 AM »

Alan 'Albatross' Hutton.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2013, 01:07:19 PM »
Celta Vigo stayed up at the expense of Mallorca and our other one-time European vanquishers, Deportivo.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2013, 02:05:42 PM »

They finished third bottom on 36 points. Not that it makes much difference.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal