collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Holman wins Aussie Player of the Year award  (Read 8407 times)

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
Re: Holman wins Aussie Player of the Year award
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2012, 12:43:44 PM »
Holman was superb when he came on, I'd start him with Westwood and Bannan against reading.

This for me.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2012, 12:47:05 PM »
Holman was superb when he came on, I'd start him with Westwood and Bannan against reading.

This for me.

It's between him and Ireland, and it's quite hard to say who to start. I'd start Ireland, I think, and bring on Holman because his terrier-like energy and tenacity late in the game must be as horrible for tiring opponents as it is for his fatigued team-mates.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2012, 03:33:39 PM »
I agree it's hard to choose between Holman and Ireland. You could play Holman on the right or left, but I think he's best central.

I think Ireland is best at exploiting the space, particularly away from home on the break. So I'd probably go for Holman. Lambert's approach appears to be: if you've played well, you get another chance, too.

We'll need more composure and quality in those attacking midfield positions though. Holman, Weimann and Gabby have all been a bit headless chicken at times.

Offline Jarpie

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2012, 04:41:24 PM »
Holman could suit to be box-to-box central midfielder with Westwood at his side and Ireland in front of him, I think that would be worth a try in some cup tie if we get suitable opposition for experimenting.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2012, 05:40:36 PM »
The effort Holman puts in and the energy he brings to the team, I can only think he must be carrying an injury which is keeping him out the starting line up otherwise he has to start against Reading we need to be in their faces from the start.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal