collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: NSWE Investment by LeeB
[Today at 11:28:16 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 11:27:43 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 11:24:55 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Risso
[Today at 11:21:58 AM]

Re: Morgan Rogers - Signed by OCD
[Today at 11:13:37 AM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:12:08 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Drummond
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Olympiacos flights by Des Little
[Today at 11:08:37 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Arrers  (Read 51571 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: The Arrers
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2017, 02:09:37 AM »
Barney averaged 109, had a very high double success rate and took out a number of 100+ finishes.

And he got battered.

Ridiculous standard from MVG. Best I've ever seen, over a serious-length match.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2017, 10:18:22 AM »
I'm off to watch the premier league final at the Dome/02 tonight. Fancy MVG to win

Offline peter w

« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2017, 10:59:06 AM »
I'll catch it on telly. Peter Wright has been in great form recently and Gary Anderson seemed flat last week. You've got to look at MVG though because no-one will stop him if he's firing. Strange to think that Phil Taylor is probably not even worth a mention nowadays.

Offline ACVilla

• GM : 16.03.2017
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2017, 11:16:36 AM »
Having got rid of Sky a year ago I had no idea this had even happened and who was where. Strange to think a sport I thoroughly enjoyed can solely be appreciated through one medium only.

« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2017, 11:25:57 AM »
Having got rid of Sky a year ago I had no idea this had even happened and who was where. Strange to think a sport I thoroughly enjoyed can solely be appreciated through one medium only.

The premier league plays to packed out arenas up and down the country every week. There will be 20,000 at the 02 tonight.

Offline peter w

« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2017, 02:30:07 PM »
Didn't they have one in Holland too? The atmosphere in Aberdeen was brilliant last week.

Offline ACVilla

« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2017, 03:11:10 PM »

The premier league plays to packed out arenas up and down the country every week. There will be 20,000 at the 02 tonight.
I'm not knocking it and that stat kind of enhances my point. If you ain't got Sky you are not finding out about these results in any other fashion. Obviously you can google it but unlike most sports that gather this kind of crowd/Sky tvcoverage you don't really read about it in the papers, hear about it on the news or radio or indeed see it on the mainstream news/sports websites. I have literally heard nothing about this since getting rid of Sky.

« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2017, 03:12:26 PM »
Didn't they have one in Holland too? The atmosphere in Aberdeen was brilliant last week.

Yeah, Rotterdam. Packed house as well, all in orange shirts, singing "shtand hup if you love the dartsh"

« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2017, 03:14:47 PM »

I'm not knocking it and that stat kind of enhances my point. If you ain't got Sky you are not finding out about these results in any other fashion. Obviously you can google it but unlike most sports that gather this kind of crowd/Sky tvcoverage you don't really read about it in the papers, hear about it on the news or radio or indeed see it on the mainstream news/sports websites. I have literally heard nothing about this since getting rid of Sky.

Absolutely right. Catch 22 though. The Sky money raised the standard of competition, fills the arenas but cuts off the majority of tv viewers. Sounds familiar

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2017, 06:04:03 PM »

Absolutely right. Catch 22 though. The Sky money raised the standard of competition, fills the arenas but cuts off the majority of tv viewers. Sounds familiar

Indeed. It is why I am still mightily pissed off that test matches in the cricket were not retained as something that has to be shown on terrestrial tv. If you think back to 2005, the Ashes mattered far more than the first month of the football season because Channel 4 or 5 were covering it.

Offline ACVilla

« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2017, 08:09:41 PM »

Indeed. It is why I am still mightily pissed off that test matches in the cricket were not retained as something that has to be shown on terrestrial tv. If you think back to 2005, the Ashes mattered far more than the first month of the football season because Channel 4 or 5 were covering it.
I think it was Giles Clarke when ECB chairman who agreed to this. Now most people will agree that it in the short term it's good for the game, more money, better analysis, more competitive cricket etc etc. But long term it is going to affect the amount of youngsters getting into the game.

Offline peter w

« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2017, 11:13:27 AM »
Gutted for Peter Wright - 6 darts was it at double 16/8 and he bottled it.

Still if Phil Taylor had have taken his dart to win in their semi he wouldn't have got to the final.

The venue didn't look full though

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2017, 11:48:40 AM »
Wright completely bottled it.

Glad the Sex Pest is retiring. I saw him trying to tell Wright off yesterday for interacting with the crowd, even though he's constantly smiling and joking with the crowd... when things are going his way. He's always been a dick.

« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2017, 12:17:28 PM »

The venue didn't look full though

It wasn't, I'd say 75  percent full. It's too big and the atmosphere gets lost. Alexandra Palace is a much better venue. Great night though, a bit woolly-headed this morning though after drinking about 9 pints of cider at £6 a pint

Offline peter w

« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2017, 08:57:03 PM »
wade 10 - 10 Webster in the 2017 World Matchplay. been a good match. Sudden death...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal