collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lambert given touchline ban  (Read 9648 times)

Offline mrastonvilla

Re: Lambert given touchline ban
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 12:42:35 PM »
E3 is for things that are said in the technical area or tunnel to the match officials.

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 12:53:51 PM »
This is ridiculous. Lambert's (reported) remarks were very restrained in the circumstances. I'm fairly mild-mannered and I'd have been apoplectic!
It also means , in essence, that there can be no criticism of officials which is without reason and is unacceptable.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2012, 01:14:57 PM »
It won't make a difference.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2012, 01:16:47 PM »
E3 is for things that are said in the technical area or tunnel to the match officials.
I can't blame him. Fucking idiots.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 01:41:37 PM »
Does he want to borrow my seat in Trinity Lower C2?

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 01:55:39 PM »
it's ace. First offence and he gets a ban, yet Wenger,Ferguson etc practically threaten the lives of officials yet they walk away scot almost every time. Kind of ironic really with Arsenal coming to VP this weekend.
Perfectly articulated response to this nonsense.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 01:57:51 PM »
It depends what he said. He may fully deserve it regardless of how crap a decision the penalty was.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 02:08:14 PM »
It depends what he said. He may fully deserve it regardless of how crap a decision the penalty was.

What?
Like.... "You stupid f**kin brainless gormless c**t of a linesman! Anybody who thinks its handball when my player takes their arm down about 5 minutes before the ball reaches them isn't fit to officiate a f**kin subbuteo game. I ought to kick your balls in then come round your house and burn it down. You make Phil Dowd look like a lifelong Villa fanatic you f**kin retard!"
At least a good £8k worth there I reckon.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2012, 02:25:57 PM »
The managers are obliged to come and talk to the press after a game. The press ask obvious questions about the flash-points in the game, the manager in this case gives his honest opinion. Again, which what the press want. He then gets done for it. A load of horseshit.

Make the fucking match officials explain themselves in public rather than punishing a manager for stating his opinion which happens to be the truth.

They were discussing this on that sports radio channel everyone hates but appears to listen to as not much else on when driving home from work, and a few rang in saying that we should mic up the linesmen and the refs how they do in Rugby so we can hear what is being said between them and the players, and know why decisions have been made. It also means they are held to account for the stupid ones. I really liked the idea.

The fine for Lambert is the final piss take in the whole thing last weekend, and nothing will convince me that a lot of money has not gone into the FA coffers to ensure certain sides are protected.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2012, 02:45:13 PM »
it's ace. First offence and he gets a ban, yet Wenger,Ferguson etc practically threaten the lives of officials yet they walk away scot almost every time.

It's exactly the same kind of bias that lead to the ridiculous penalty, it's something that goes through the FA from top to bottom.

"Whatever you do, don't  piss off the big clubs" seems to be the unspoken rule.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2012, 03:36:27 PM »
Like my mate says, The linesman are virtually untouchable, ****** the lot of them, the officials in this country are a fucking disgrace

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2012, 03:37:34 PM »
If i were Lambert I'd have bricked the windows on his car and shit on the drivers seat

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2012, 03:58:02 PM »
No He can not of said anything as bad as that decision, even if he called him a cheat.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2012, 04:00:48 PM »
No He can not of said anything as bad as that decision, even if he called him a cheat.

Yes he can have said something that warranted the ban. Same as the linesman deserves to be demoted for his decision.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2012, 04:11:07 PM »
it's ace. First offence and he gets a ban, yet Wenger,Ferguson etc practically threaten the lives of officials yet they walk away scot almost every time. Kind of ironic really with Arsenal coming to VP this weekend.

i think the fa are dicks, but lambert admitted it. ferguson and the others would have challenged it.

he's probably got enough on his plate with the norwich tribunal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal