collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Who Do You Blame/Who Are You Angry With?  (Read 54941 times)

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Who Do You Blame/Who Are You Angry With?
« on: November 19, 2012, 02:23:30 PM »
Easy.

So many people seem to be angry, frustrated or upset with our current situation and I was wondering whose fault they believe it to be.

Is it Lerner, Lambert, the Players?

O'Neill, McLeish, Doug?

Do you think we'll get better or worse? Will it take different coaching methods, more money, different owner/manager or something else.

Offline midnite

• GM : 30.03.2016
Re: Who Do You Blame/Who Are You Angry With?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 02:31:24 PM »
I think it a mixture...
Lerner for letting O'Neil sanction crazy wages for below standard players.
O'Neil for being like a spoilt child in a sweet shop. Just because you have an amount of cash doesnt mean you need to spend all of it at once.

But then the counter excuse i suppose would be, why shouldnt O'Neil spend the money if he has it. And Lerner, was naive and maybe didn't know any better. Had a manager in that he thought he could trust with his money and we're now paying for the failure of not getting into the elusive champions league.

If I'd been told i had £?? million to spend, i'd spend it too

We need investment in experienced players to compliment the youth we have. We can all see our midfield is too lightweight. Adding unnecessary pressure on the defence and not able to get the ball moving for an attack

Offline remy

• Claret & Blue Flag ALWAYS flapping
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 02:34:36 PM »
Randy is to blame because the past two managers have been poor appointments.

Lambert is to blame because he has brought in some kids and foreigners with little Prem experience and the gamble doesnt look like paying off. 

The players are to blame because they cant finish off chances or defend properly.

I am to blame because I didnt wear my lucky pants.

The FA is to blame because the linesman / referee training programme is non-existent.

The culture of a 'big club' getting all the help they can get despite having hundreds of millions to buy players to play against very mediocre teams is to blame.

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 02:36:52 PM »
1st = O'Neill - the club has been reeling like a drunk boxer since he flounced. His renowned control freakery apparently infested the club and, when he left, there was a vacuum which could not be filled. But it wasn't all his fault...

1st = Lerner - allowing O'Neill to run the show was only part of the problem. His refusal to appoint a "football man" to advise him was very negligent. The two managers he appointed after O'Neill were bizarre choices, to say the least. He did put his hand in his pocket and buy Bent - who kept us up last year. But, however strong his passion for Villa, he has taken his eye off the ball. A constant refusal to comment or communicate with fans does him no favours either.

3rd The players - Not so much this season, but certain players have to take some of the blame for the last two years' miserable performances. From the Dunne/Collins debacle onwards, there has been a sporadic lack of discipline, which can't be healthy.

4th McLeish, I suppose. But (as been reiterated here ad nauseum) he can't help not being a very good manager.

5th Lambert - but only because he has to come somewhere on my list.

6th Doug - who?

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 02:40:51 PM »
I would blame the MON strop/Lerner's tightening of the purse strings and appointment of TSM/Man Citys emergence as the combined issue.

I'm not angry in the slightest. I don't like our league position... but I'm going nowhere, VTID and all that. Enjoy the journey it will be fun.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 02:41:16 PM »
To be honest I've blamed all of the above at different points in the last few years but I'm now more jaded than angry and it's feeling increasingly like there is no one clear source of blame. Yes MON pissed the money away on a strategy with a limited shelf life and left us in the shit. Yes Lerner was overly loose on the budgets then overly tight both of which have hurt us. We've been lumbered with a ropey bunch of players for most of it, where the senior ones have had attitude issues and the kids have often disappointed. It's houllier's fault for getting ill when we were just starting to play like he wanted. And it's the universe's fault that Lerner came in at the wrong time from a man city perspective and a general shit state of the game perspective. It's like an episode of Columbo with too many obvious suspects and when you add it up its sort of amazing we've stayed up the last couple of seasons.

Funny enough the person I don't really blame is mcleish who just seemed like a decent bloke trying his best and not being good enough in the middle of the shitstorm.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 02:44:58 PM »

Lambert is to blame because he has brought in some kids and foreigners with little Prem experience and the gamble doesnt look like paying off. 

The players are to blame because they cant finish off chances or defend properly.

The FA is to blame because the linesman / referee training programme is non-existent.

The culture of a 'big club' getting all the help they can get despite having hundreds of millions to buy players to play against very mediocre teams is to blame.

Could you please take steps to resolve the lucky pants issue.  Thanks.

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 02:46:21 PM »
Lerner is the only one responsible! He allowed MON to run wild with the gold card, he appointed AM!

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 02:55:48 PM »

Oh and Maggie T  to ??

Offline McGraths Dry Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 03:01:27 PM »
The commercial management of the club have a lot to answer for - we've had plenty of time to straighten out the mess caused by MON's exit.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 03:02:02 PM »
The FA.

Offline SW9-VILLA

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 03:03:09 PM »
Blues

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 03:07:39 PM »
Wear your lucky,
Wear your lucky,
Wear your lucky pants Remy,
Wear your lucky pants Remy.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 03:08:52 PM »
Pete Winkleman. And Ian Bowyer.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 03:09:36 PM »
I blame Drummond.  Nothing ever good comes from *that* side of the Pennines.  Whippet-botherers.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal