collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Brad Guzan Depreciation thread.  (Read 188823 times)

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
Re: The Brad Guzan Depreciation thread.
« Reply #900 on: July 29, 2016, 12:12:24 PM »
The save from Chris Samba for me

this one TV ?

twas a good un for sure...

UTV
The Doc

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #901 on: July 29, 2016, 12:15:56 PM »
I can't say i am sorry that he has finally gone. Never really rated him and last season he was just pants. Some of the cock ups he made in the last couple of seasons were laughable unless you were a Villa fan .

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #902 on: July 29, 2016, 12:16:33 PM »
Yes Dr B, it was quite stunning

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #903 on: July 29, 2016, 12:16:54 PM »
When people talk about a "Worldy" - that was one for me. That was a great game against QPR.

I'm pleased he's gone but I wish him well.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #904 on: July 29, 2016, 12:22:34 PM »
When people talk about a "Worldy" - that was one for me. That was a great game against QPR.

This for me too, good luck to him.
I can't understand for the life of me why he's gone there though.  They've got their main man from last season and have got Valdes, surely both above him in the pecking order?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #905 on: July 29, 2016, 12:23:29 PM »
I also wish him well but I'm glad he's gone now for a few more out the door.

Offline cdward

« Reply #906 on: July 29, 2016, 12:47:02 PM »
You know it's time to go when Bunn looks a better keeper than you are.
He was a good back-up behind Friedel, got his chance and was steady without being exceptional, he peaked for about a season where he was on top form, but the last 2 seasons he just regressed to the point of being a liability.
I expect him to be re-invigorated with a new club and improve on his recent form.
Overall a 7 out of 10.
All the best Brad, i think the time is right for all parties. PS see if you can put a word in for Gabby, Lescott and Richards.

Offline Lobsterboy

« Reply #907 on: July 29, 2016, 03:30:01 PM »
Good luck and best wishes for the future but realistically he has been an absolute disaster zone for the last couple of seasons - his confidence was shot to pieces and probably the best move for everyone concerned.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #908 on: July 29, 2016, 03:34:54 PM »
I'll remember Brad for his save vs QPR and some of his heroics over the years that kept us in games. He was a significant reason why didn't go down sooner. But ultimately he was one of the big reasons we did, because his inability to do the basics let the entire team down. For a club shorn of confidence he could have done his bit to improve the defence but he was every bit as inept. And fucking cock ups became all too common varying from a lack of simple discipline to the grander ones like at Man City.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #909 on: July 29, 2016, 04:30:25 PM »
I'll remember Brad for his save vs QPR and some of his heroics over the years that kept us in games. He was a significant reason why didn't go down sooner. But ultimately he was one of the big reasons we did, because his inability to do the basics let the entire team down. For a club shorn of confidence he could have done his bit to improve the defence but he was every bit as inept. And fucking cock ups became all too common varying from a lack of simple discipline to the grander ones like at Man City.

I'm not convinced by that myself. yes he has made his fair share of mistakes, but I wouldn't say he's made enough to point to him as a big reason for us going down.  Think he has suffered due to the defence in front of him.   The move makes sense as he would basically be the third choice keeper if he stayed and it is a fresh start for him.  But I like him and wish him well.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #910 on: July 29, 2016, 06:51:50 PM »

This for me too, good luck to him.
I can't understand for the life of me why he's gone there though.  They've got their main man from last season and have got Valdes, surely both above him in the pecking order?

because no one else wants him. just like when we released him then had him back

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #911 on: July 29, 2016, 08:12:43 PM »

I'm not convinced by that myself. yes he has made his fair share of mistakes, but I wouldn't say he's made enough to point to him as a big reason for us going down.  Think he has suffered due to the defence in front of him.   The move makes sense as he would basically be the third choice keeper if he stayed and it is a fresh start for him.  But I like him and wish him well.

His standards I think started to drop in the last few months of Lambert, little errors here and there that lead to goals and then we had that almighty miskick at Man. City.

It was a combination of things I think, being part of long losing runs, never really being challenged for his position with Given out of favour for a long time and just generally being dragged down mentally as the club has.

I wish him well though. Good servant and gave us some good memories which isn't what people like Bacuna, Lescott and Richards have done.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #912 on: July 29, 2016, 09:58:55 PM »

His standards I think started to drop in the last few months of Lambert, little errors here and there that lead to goals and then we had that almighty miskick at Man. City.

It was a combination of things I think, being part of long losing runs, never really being challenged for his position with Given out of favour for a long time and just generally being dragged down mentally as the club has.

I wish him well though. Good servant and gave us some good memories which isn't what people like Bacuna, Lescott and Richards have done.

Never rated  him one iota but you are so right he was a good servant (and a terrible kicker) and he will be talked about a  lot longer in future generations than  the likes of Richards, Lescott and Bacuna.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #913 on: July 30, 2016, 09:27:43 AM »
He's a better keeper than Pantillimon if he comes
if Guzan could have regained his confidence which is always a big if, he would have been worth keeping
I reckon I'm his biggest fan on here, and I think it might be the right time to move on because of the lost faith from the fans but I can't see us getting anyone better for the money we will be spending

his kicking was rubbish, and that was a big weaknes in today's game,
 but I don't think he was a devisive character behind the scenes in fact I think he played with true passion for the club, unlike many others

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #914 on: July 30, 2016, 09:52:12 AM »
Agreed with SoccerHQ. Guzan always came across as more articulate and respectful in Pravda interviews too. Well, apart from that awful Micah Santa Richards one and chewing-gum gate a few weeks later didn't help either.

Overall I think he was more good than bad but like a handful of other players we're yet to shift, it's healthier for both parties that he moves on.

Scott Sinclair's partner was on Loose Women the other day by the way. They have a lovely babby the spit of Scott. I did think she might slip-up during the girly chat and mention he would be off but talk was confined to children and Corrie.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal