collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Brad Guzan Depreciation thread.  (Read 188908 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Re: The Brad Guzan Depreciation thread.
« Reply #825 on: June 16, 2016, 01:06:37 AM »
He is a decent option to start 20-25 games and come on in the others. Realistically in that league he has shown he can do it already, he looked a threat for us at times in the Premiership and was always one that gave his all. We would have to spend more than 5-6m to get a player with his record in the Championship so keep him and use him effectively. There are plenty of sides in that division he will enjoy playing against.

Shurely shome mishtake.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #826 on: June 16, 2016, 08:04:54 AM »
He is a decent option to start 20-25 games and come on in the others. Realistically in that league he has shown he can do it already, he looked a threat for us at times in the Premiership and was always one that gave his all. We would have to spend more than 5-6m to get a player with his record in the Championship so keep him and use him effectively. There are plenty of sides in that division he will enjoy playing against.

I think he could be a useful alternative but we shouldn't be building the rest of the team around his strengths.  Looking back to his time at Blackburn with Rhodes, for all their goals together, they still finished off the pace.  Was this because they concentrated their efforts in one way of playing and it was either hit or miss, with no consistency.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #827 on: June 16, 2016, 08:22:06 AM »
With regard to Gestede, I can't believe we spent all that money on him and hardly played to his strengths. Often we tried to play nice passes through to him when he needed to be hitting crosses into him.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #828 on: June 16, 2016, 08:36:29 PM »
with a big lump like gestede there is only one way you can play which makes you predictable

he has no physical presence whatsover, cant hold play up and unless he was running onto the ball i thought his heading was for the most part shit

if we could recoup 5 million id cut our losses as when when get back up he aint going to cut it

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #829 on: June 16, 2016, 09:00:59 PM »
Bringing the thread back to dear old Bradley I hate the bloke with a passion and resent signing onto the official Villa site to be told how well he"s doing for the U.S when the tosspot couldn't catch a cold in our shirt. I can't forgive him amongst others this season for making match costing mistakes  For which there was no apology to either teammates or fans . I took my two sons to the Swansea away game and sadly Bradley must have seen some dandelion fluff in the air at the time he was meant to be getting near to a catch / punch  - no one else to blame , they score , we lose 1-0 ...
Silence from the useless wanker.

Here we go mate.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-brad-guzan-reveals-11426889

Thanks 'mate' I'm still none the wiser, do you want me to accept a sort of apology from Brad in the Mail -circulation 4 pensioners and three Bluenoses after the relegation ? Like I said he's not alone, I know or would like to think players don't set out to make mistakes, they are human so like the rest of us when we make a mistake which hurts others be it unintentionally or not  I always thought it was good manners to apologise? Don't we have an official site that most fans view ?

He at least said something.

Silence from Gabby, Richards, Bacuna and brain dead comments from Lescott on the day we went down.

That's why I don't quite lump Brad in with those morons.

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #830 on: June 16, 2016, 09:46:13 PM »
Ogmjgpfhojojh

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #831 on: June 16, 2016, 09:48:59 PM »
with a big lump like gestede there is only one way you can play which makes you predictable

he has no physical presence whatsover, cant hold play up and unless he was running onto the ball i thought his heading was for the most part shit

if we could recoup 5 million id cut our losses as when when get back up he aint going to cut it

Don't agree because he did make it in the championship

« Reply #832 on: June 17, 2016, 07:25:28 AM »

when we get back up he aint going to cut it we need to be looking long term for a change

he had a purple patch at blackburn and they didnt make the play offs, overall his career stats are gash

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #833 on: June 17, 2016, 07:28:35 AM »

1 season ...

« Reply #834 on: June 17, 2016, 07:35:24 AM »
my point was he isnt good enough for the prem when we get back there

holding onto the dross that got us relegated because they might do a job in the championship is not the way forward and im sure rdm will see be able to see that

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #835 on: June 17, 2016, 07:47:34 AM »
I would like to have a better opinion of Rudy Gestede.  He appears to be a sincere and good man but I am put off him by his lack of physical presence.  He is tall and skinny but we have had tall and lanky front men with the ability to mix it in the box.  Peter Crouch immediately comes to mind.  Gestede is like a sapling in the forest of bodies in the penalty area.  He also gets bullied out of clean vertical jumps in the middle of the pitch that cause any of his headers to fly anywhere.  It is not fair to compare him to Benteke but when he won the ball in a jump he could actually direct it as a pass.  Sorry to have drifted off topic.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #836 on: June 17, 2016, 09:42:35 AM »
my point was he isnt good enough for the prem when we get back there

holding onto the dross that got us relegated because they might do a job in the championship is not the way forward and im sure rdm will see be able to see that

As much as we want to we can't just replace 20 players, it dosen't work like that.

In any case we are a bit short upfront regardless...Gabby and Kozak surely have no future here and I'd get shot of Sinclair in a flash.

So leaves us with Ayew, Gestede and then kids like Green and RHM who in any case look more like wide forwards in a 4-3-3. Robinson aswell.

Ayew let's not forget is better imo as wide forward although he'd do a good job as centre forward against poorer defences. If he stays of course.

All things considered Gestede is pretty safe here, I'd be amazed if he was sold this summer compared to the other strikers.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #837 on: June 17, 2016, 10:17:31 AM »
You need variety up front. If we can bring in a couple of goal scorers with genuine pace and mobility, then we will have a decent blend with Ayew's effort and guile and Gestede's aerial ability in the 18 yard box.

Offline peter w

« Reply #838 on: June 17, 2016, 11:05:39 AM »
Plus Gestede was found wanting against better defenders going down to his level may work for him and us.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #839 on: June 19, 2016, 11:03:49 AM »
We need a winger as a matter of some urgency. A winger who is fast and tricky and one who can cross a ball at pace. If we obtain this person
both Gestede and Ayew will score a multitude of goals in that division.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal