collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Brad Guzan Depreciation thread.  (Read 188818 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: The Brad Guzan Appreciation thread.
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2013, 07:55:21 PM »
He's grown immensely this season.

Says it all that the idea of Given taking his place is never even discussed, and Given himself is a proven, experienced keeper.

Player of the season for me. Had it been Given and not Guzan in goal this season, we'd be fucked by now.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2013, 08:04:23 PM »

Says it all that the idea of Given taking his place is never even discussed, and Given himself is a proven, experienced keeper.

Player of the season for me. Had it been Given and not Guzan in goal this season, we'd be fucked by now.

Thats a daft thing to say Paulie. How do you know how Given would have performed in front of that defence?

Agree with you however re Guzan. He has been remarkable this season. Player of the season without any doubt.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2013, 08:07:32 PM »
Player of the season definitely

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2013, 08:08:30 PM »
Yes, player of the season he is.  Others, Given included, would have dropped their heads with the amount we've shipped over the weeks.  Brad has got on with it and looked solid game after game.  He deserves a performance like today and he's worth it. 

He and Benteke are up there with the best signings of the season.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2013, 08:11:32 PM »

Thats a daft thing to say Paulie. How do you know how Given would have performed in front of that defence?

Agree with you however re Guzan. He has been remarkable this season. Player of the season without any doubt.

Well, for starters, the defence would be worse organised - yes, even worse - in front of Given, and his reluctance to come off his line would have cost us. He's a good shot stopper, but Guzan's performances have been top notch.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2013, 08:14:49 PM »
Guzan has certainly proved me wrong, never thought he would make it as a premiership keeper, but has proved he is a top class one and great to hear Lambert giving him the praise he certainly deserves.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2013, 08:19:54 PM »
Guzan was immense today.  The save from Samba is one of the best this season.

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2013, 08:21:31 PM »
Guzan has been our shining light this year. That's partly a reflection of how utterly bollocks our defence has been - with a decent back four in front of him, he'd have been far less busy.

But he's been close to flawless all season, and I wouldn't swap him for any other keeper right now. Really pleased for him.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2013, 08:21:59 PM »
Guzan was immense today.  The save from Samba is one of the best this season.

Two truly great saves in the first half.  I think his kicking has also really come on since he first came to the club.

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #144 on: March 16, 2013, 09:05:41 PM »
Top keeper and seems to love the club

Offline supertom

« Reply #145 on: March 16, 2013, 09:31:30 PM »
He could easily be at one of the top 4 clubs. He's that good. It's lucky in a way that he's not Spanish or French, because he might be at a bigger club by now. American keepers seem to slip under the radar somewhat until they're in their 30's.
I still don't think people outside our club take too much notice of him. Possibly they just take one look at the goals conceded tally, I don't know but personally he's better than anything Arsenal have. He's better than De Gea. Top keeper.
Brad's also a rare breed of keeper who likes to catch the ball and claim it. It's a dying art.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #146 on: March 16, 2013, 10:06:38 PM »
Fucking immense and he cares aswell. Top keeper and we might lose him to a better team in the summer.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2013, 10:13:08 PM »
If we stay up, I think he will stay with the club. Seems to enjoy the place and will repay the faith Lambert has shown in him

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #148 on: March 16, 2013, 10:16:54 PM »
Just look back at the Everton game when Given was dropped.

Obviously the second one was a horror show that can happen to any goalie (even Guzan will make a rick like that in one game) but I look at the pienaar shot that beat him aswell. Good strike but it was hardly top corner and Guzan's saved a few of those this season, I believe he would've tipped that over the bar.

He's just a more agile keeper who flys across the goal, Given used to do that at Newcastle but I believe his groin injuries have put a stop to that.

O.k it was a decent strike but it was hardly top corner. I reckon Guzan would've got

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #149 on: March 16, 2013, 11:35:42 PM »
He could easily be at one of the top 4 clubs. He's that good. It's lucky in a way that he's not Spanish or French, because he might be at a bigger club by now. American keepers seem to slip under the radar somewhat until they're in their 30's.
I still don't think people outside our club take too much notice of him. Possibly they just take one look at the goals conceded tally, I don't know but personally he's better than anything Arsenal have. He's better than De Gea. Top keeper.
Brad's also a rare breed of keeper who likes to catch the ball and claim it. It's a dying art.

I think it must be his name. If he actually was called Guzman, the scouts would find him no probs.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal