collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:23:42 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 07:22:15 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:20:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:17:32 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Should we have Downing back ?  (Read 27341 times)

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
Re: Should we have Downing back ?
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2012, 11:59:24 AM »
Foegetting his past with us for a moment, would he fit in? 

He's a traditional winger, which Lambert does not like to play with.  And we've got a decent forward line now using the 4-3-3 with Gabby, Benteke & Weimann, so bringing him in would disrupt that.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2012, 12:00:35 PM »
Never  . First class wank*r.   

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2012, 12:01:11 PM »
Don't need him, don't like him, don't want him.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2012, 12:03:47 PM »
His last season for us he was good. However he showed him self to lack moral fibre and more importantly his performance levels have dropped massively since then, so no thanks.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2012, 12:04:07 PM »
Foegetting his past with us for a moment, would he fit in? 

He's a traditional winger, which Lambert does not like to play with.  And we've got a decent forward line now using the 4-3-3 with Gabby, Benteke & Weimann, so bringing him in would disrupt that.

I think you've hit on the reason he won't be coming back, John. Lambert has said numerous times that he doesn't see a role for the traditional winger in the modern game.

Offline Jarpie

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2012, 12:09:46 PM »
To see the reaction from fans in the first home game if he'd come back to us would be almost worth it.

Offline pedro25

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2012, 12:11:03 PM »
Yes, and yes to Keane too please.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2012, 12:24:41 PM »
yes, I'd have him back despite him being a massive cock. He'd instantly be an upgrade to N'Zogbia and Albrighton and his set pieces are far better than Bannan. I think Liverpool still owe us for him too. I don't have to love the man for him to be playing in our shirt. He's not Joey Barton or Marlon King. He's just a selfish tosser, but a talented footballer. If he helps make us better then that's all I'm after. We're not so flush with talent that we can be so fussy.

He's got the talent, he just hasn't got the balls to use it.

We can do better.

skill players don't need to be hard men. If he can beat the full back and plant the ball on Benteke's head then that's where he'd be useful. Other players can win the ball for him.

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2012, 12:29:35 PM »
Absolutely not

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2012, 12:32:26 PM »
yes, I'd have him back despite him being a massive cock. He'd instantly be an upgrade to N'Zogbia and Albrighton and his set pieces are far better than Bannan. I think Liverpool still owe us for him too. I don't have to love the man for him to be playing in our shirt. He's not Joey Barton or Marlon King. He's just a selfish tosser, but a talented footballer. If he helps make us better then that's all I'm after. We're not so flush with talent that we can be so fussy.

We can do better.

skill players don't need to be hard men. If he can beat the full back and plant the ball on Benteke's head then that's where he'd be useful. Other players can win the ball for him.

I think all of this is irrelevant I really do.  If we were at the bottom of League 2 and they were going to pay us £10 million we should still tell them to fuck off.  Some things mean more than "oh he can get a ball into the danger area" and the way that spineless, two faced shitbag behaved is one of them.

Never in a billion trillion years.  Until the Earth falls into the sun that arsehole can stay away.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2012, 12:32:31 PM »
Not a chance.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2012, 12:33:03 PM »

We can do better.

Agreed TV.  On both points. 

Offline flybo

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2012, 12:33:12 PM »
No he did play well in his last season at the villa but we where that bad most average players would look good

Offline eastie

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2012, 12:33:23 PM »

We can do better.

I'd tend to agree with that, he didn't exactly throw himself into tackles in his last season here but still was the player of the season - his delivery was excellent and if the price was right and lambert felt he could get the best from him I wouldn't have a problem.

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2012, 12:35:55 PM »
Not in a million years. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal