collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Khalid Abdo  (Read 26420 times)

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
Re: Khalid Abdo
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2012, 12:29:40 AM »
Well Beneteke throught the club was based in London

CHRISTIAN BENTEKE last night rocked Aston Villa by declaring his dream of playing for Arsenal.
The Belgium striker, 21, has been a hit at Villa since joining for £7million from Genk.
But the summer signing admits he sees the club as a stepping-stone to Arsene Wenger’s Gunners — and that he originally thought Villa were based in LONDON.
Benteke said: “Arsenal are the club I love. I like their philosophy of selecting young players and, besides, they had Thierry Henry.
“For me he is the best player in the world and was my boyhood idol.
“I’m not afraid of making enemies at Villa by saying I love Arsenal.
“One can say worse things. I’m a Villa player for now. They’re the right club at the right time.”
He added: “When I joined Villa I didn’t know where they played. I thought they were a London club!

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4647131/Christian-Benteke-dreams-of-playing-for-Arsenal.html#ixzz2CLBKlIQe

Offline mal

« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2012, 08:11:45 AM »
I've a small amount of sympathy for some people growing up in this day and age of t'internet. My employer has a code of conduct which includes words along the lines of all employees are expected to always be ambassadors for the organisation. I know what that means, but some of the younger, more idealistic staff don't.
The last time that was said to me I said 'Well you can pay me ambassador's wages then!' as that belongs with all the other contract detritus of history, such as women should wear make up and men should have short hair. I know the Tories are trying to bring it back but slavery went out with the Victorians.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2012, 08:31:34 AM »
I've a small amount of sympathy for some people growing up in this day and age of t'internet. My employer has a code of conduct which includes words along the lines of all employees are expected to always be ambassadors for the organisation. I know what that means, but some of the younger, more idealistic staff don't.
The last time that was said to me I said 'Well you can pay me ambassador's wages then!' as that belongs with all the other contract detritus of history, such as women should wear make up and men should have short hair. I know the Tories are trying to bring it back but slavery went out with the Victorians.
"ambassador" might be a strong word, but employers should reasonably expect employees not to slag off the organisation they work for, everything elese being equal; and indeed talk them up if they are doing things well.
Not that either Abdo or Benteke have.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2012, 10:20:22 PM »
"ambassador" might be a strong word, but employers should reasonably expect employees not to slag off the organisation they work for, everything elese being equal; and indeed talk them up if they are doing things well.
Not that either Abdo or Benteke have.

This should really be on the Benteke thread but being as you are giving him grief here..

"Benteke's name is adorning 70 per cent of shirts sold with names on by the club, and he is over the moon with their reaction to him.

"It means a lot to know I have made a good impression with the fans. I couldn't be happier to know they've taken to me," he said.

"It's motivating having thousands watching you and cheering you on at the game.

"But it's even more of a push to know fans from all corners of the world are willing you to do well."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal