collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Khalid Abdo  (Read 26344 times)

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
Khalid Abdo
« on: November 13, 2012, 05:38:35 PM »
Aston Villa have beaten a number of clubs to the signature of Swedish teenager Khalid Abdo.

The likes of Fulham and Hamburg have been chasing Abdo, but Villa have agreed a deal for the 16-year-old.

Abdo came to Villa's attention after impressing for Swedish Second Division outfit Larje-Angered and he is relishing the chance of joining the Premier League club.

"Back in September I found out that Aston Villa wanted to recruit me," Abdo told fotbolltransfers.com. "I'm happy, it feels good.

"I will play with the U18 team but hope to move up to the reserves as soon as possible. I feel I can handle the pace here so I want to take the step from U18 to reserves within a year.

"Aston Villa graduate often players for the first team. Their academy is the best of those I was with. I feel that I can best develop here.

"The goal is to step up to the first team and then maybe move on to a bigger club."

I know nothing about him but his comments about moving on to a bigger club really grinds my gears.

Offline Karl Bridges

Re: Khalid Abdo
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 05:42:22 PM »
Not an ideal introduction but he's aiming for the top, which is what you would hope for.

Offline eastie

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 05:43:01 PM »
But naive of the kid to make a statement like that,I suppose a few players think like that but not the sort of comment to make public when just starting at a new club.

Offline peter w

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 05:44:32 PM »
Let'sjust put it  down to being lost in translation.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 05:44:39 PM »
Benteke said something similar in the Belguim press shortly before signing for us.

Hopefully in the near future we'll be so good we'll be looking to replace them with better players.

Offline Yossarian

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 05:46:02 PM »
So he wants to play for Barcelona and he hasn't been media trained. I reckon a lot of players that sign for us think the same but don't say it out loud, not because they are smarter but because their agent has drilled into them what to say to the press.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 05:46:44 PM »
It's an idiotic thing to say but I guess if you're a 16 year old Swede you will only have the last few years as a reference point (which haven't exactly been the best).

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 05:48:00 PM »
I will be delighted if he can earn a big money move to Barcelona after a decade of brilliant football for Aston Villa. This means he is doing well.

Offline littlevillain

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 05:50:30 PM »
don't like that one bit, and it's typical of modern day football that at such an early age they're thinking of the big move and big money.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 05:51:41 PM »
Good luck to the kid. Not the brightest thing to say, but it's worth remembering how many dumbass things we all said at 16.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 06:16:12 PM »
At seventeen Raheem Sterling is after 50,000 a week. At seventeen I was just grateful to have a job!

How the world has changed.

I hate kids like these two. Master Abdo is a prospective Charlie Big Potatoes. Still he was impressed by our Academy.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 06:23:51 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the kid's ambitious and wants to reach the top of the game, but to say that of your new employers just after signing a contract is disrespectful to the club and us as the fans that support it. 

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 06:24:22 PM »
At seventeen Raheem Sterling is after 50,000 a week ...
This season's media gigolo.
He may as well punt for as much as he can get in the EPL trough; everyone else is (more fool the suckers for paying out).
And we tacitly endorse it by showing unnatural loyalty to a sport that is sadly corrupt from within.

Grumpy Old Man, signing off.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 06:30:48 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the kid's ambitious and wants to reach the top of the game, but to say that of your new employers just after signing a contract is disrespectful to the club and us as the fans that support it. 

I suppose he has to ask why he's not at Manchester United/Barcelona/Real Madrid's academies if he's so desperate to fuck off there.

Stupid thing to say, but whatever.

Offline rutski

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 06:35:25 PM »
i thought this thread was about trying to get that guy deported?? ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal