collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Hard Press-ed  (Read 3883 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.

Offline flybo

• GM : Jan, 2013
Re: Hard Press-ed
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 09:22:08 AM »
spot on dave things will get better has the season moves on just a shame our next two games look hard on paper anyway. UTV

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 09:37:28 AM »
Great write up Dave. Spot on with the comment about things might get worse before they get better.
Patience is the watch word.

Offline arnie66

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 09:43:50 AM »
Great article Dave........things are on the up in B6 for sure

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 10:55:23 AM »
Another good article Dave we are getting better and better by each game long may it continue.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 11:27:57 AM »
While disgusted we didn't earn a deserved point on Saturday, I was elated after the game. Our performance gave me more cause for optimism than anything I have seen over the past two years.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 11:52:53 AM »
spot on dave things will get better has the season moves on just a shame our next two games look hard on paper anyway. UTV

I quite fancy our chances against Arsenal, they're nothing special.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 11:55:26 AM »

Same here. I don't expect us to get anything at Man City but I'd be disappointed if we didn't beat Arsenal. They're very beatable these days, and we're due a home win against them.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 11:56:40 AM »

Well they have some special players, but a huge ability to feck it all right up. Benteke could have been crafted out of their defence's worst nightmare.

Offline jeowje

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 11:58:38 AM »
Every year for the last god knows how long we say that Aresnal are nothing special this year though  :)

Offline He wears a magic hat

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 12:09:17 PM »
For all its disappointments Saturday was the day that finally proved to me that we have turned the corner or at least we are right on the bend and once next Saturday is out of the way we start to see points accumulated at a far more satisfactory rate.

It was the first time this season that I came out of the ground 100% certain that we will not be relegated.

We were so much better than we had been at Sunderland the previous week, play like that against any other team and we will win. In fact 75% of that performance will be good enough to beat most opposition and especially those in the lower half of the league.

As the article says Benteke has the makings of a Villa legend. He was awesome on Saturday - in fact I'd go as far as to say it was the best 'No.9' display that I have seen by a Villa players since Peter Withe. Maybe I'm going a little overboard there but I was so impressed with him.

At least I can see light at the end of the tunnel and I'm really looking forward to the Arsenal fixture and a game I'm now convinced we can win

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 05:54:49 PM »
I agree about the bright future, Dave, even though it's an expression we've heard before.  You're understandably reluctant to suggest that we'll get anything from the next 2 games but, if we can carry the momentum of last Saturday to City and Arsenal, we could get a point or two, and this would be a great platform for the easier games against Reading, QPR and Stoke.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 06:17:40 PM »
If you don't think we'll win every match then you're not a proper fan. Or so I was told on Saturday evening.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 01:50:05 PM »
I agree about the bright future, Dave, even though it's an expression we've heard before.  You're understandably reluctant to suggest that we'll get anything from the next 2 games but, if we can carry the momentum of last Saturday to City and Arsenal, we could get a point or two, and this would be a great platform for the easier games against Reading, QPR and Stoke.

The natural pessimism in me fears that Arsenal will do what they always do against us at Villa Park, play well and beat us even when we put in a decent fighting performance. I also think Hughes may well have gone by the time we play QPR which could lead to a dead cat bounce. Stoke is a team we just don't play well against, so more than one point would be a bonus.

We really should be expecting a win out of Reading though

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal