collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Q & A vs. Manchester United  (Read 9680 times)

Offline S_E_A

Q & A vs. Manchester United
« on: November 09, 2012, 10:45:33 AM »
Hello all again, I come in peace.

I am the creator of a Manchester United website called Stretford End Arising.

I am currently in the process of putting together a match preview for Aston Villa vs. Manchester United. Normally match previews on Stretford End Arising include the thoughts of an opposition fan(s) with the aim of offering a balanced view.

We have done this previously:

http://www.stretfordendarising.com/2011/01/31/osoc-villa-fans-on-darren-bent-and-gerard-houllier/
http://www.stretfordendarising.com/2011/12/02/match-preview-aston-villa-vs-manchester-united/

A link to heroesandvillains.net will be included in the published article.

Cheers,
Andrew

Offline DBTW

• http://fansunite.17.forumer.com
  • GM : May, 2012
Re: Q & A vs. Manchester United
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 10:50:11 AM »
I'll help you mate if you want?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 10:50:56 AM »
Do you have anything specific you'd like answering?

Offline S_E_A

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 10:57:02 AM »
Thank you both for your reply.

I am writing the questions now, Rissbert.

Offline S_E_A

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 11:20:12 AM »

1. What are your thoughts on Saturday’s game? What team is Paul Lambert likely to select and what formation will he adopt? What weaknesses in United’s team will Lambert look to exploit?

2. What are your thoughts on Villa’s start to the 2012-13 season? What are you expectations for the season?

3. What are your thoughts on Lambert? What were your thoughts on his appointment and is he the man to take Villa forward? What brand/style of football does he prefer?

4. Who are the young (U21s & U18s) Villa players worth keeping any eye on?

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 11:32:52 AM »
Nobody answer number 4.Fergies scouting network budget has been reduced!!!

Offline *shellac*

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 12:03:09 PM »
4.  Paulie Walnuts - He's only 16 and destined to be our future Xavi.  Plumbutt Cooper - He looks like Heskey but plays like Ibrahimovic.  Damon Green - A speed demon who plays and looks uncannily like Ryan Giggs.

Offline DBTW

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 12:12:42 PM »

1. What are your thoughts on Saturday’s game? What team is Paul Lambert likely to select and what formation will he adopt? What weaknesses in United’s team will Lambert look to exploit?

Saturday is a game that has come at the wrong time for us as a team. Having picked up a valuable 3 points last week away at Sunderland a different game could have provided us with another win and improve the confidence level amongst our young squad still learning the pressures of premier league football. However, if we were to beat Utd, there would be no better boost of confidence, yet lose heavily and it's back to square one.

Regarding formation, Lambert seems to play the midfield very tight, with two anchor men, one a little bit more forward centrally with two forwards alongside. Id expect Karim El Ahmadi to replace Ashley Westwood, which in my opinion would be a mistake folowing Westwoods perfrmance last week alongside Bannan who himself is'nt a 100% starter.

Regarding a weakness in the Utd side, if there was one, I would say it would be in centre midfield. I'm not a great fan of cleverly of Carrick, yet they are both fully feldged internationlals and I'm an accountant, so my view is pretty much worthless.

Offline DBTW

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 12:16:14 PM »

2. What are your thoughts on Villa’s start to the 2012-13 season? What are you expectations for the season?

The start has been pretty poor in all honesty, yet this was always going to be another season of transition.

Lambert is our third new manager in three successive seasons and with the mess left behind by O'Neill still being cleared up, he has to be given time to assemble a ssquad. The payers he is bringing in are all, in his words, 'young and hungry', and with most of them with no Premier League experience it will obviously take a bit of time to gel.

Regarding expectations, I think it will be a win one, lose one pattern this term and I would be happy with a top half finish.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 12:25:22 PM »
Plumbutt Cooper - He looks like Heskey but plays like Ibrahimovic. 

Uncanny.

Except for the Ibrahimovic bit.

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 01:08:57 PM »

What weaknesses in United’s team will Lambert look to exploit?

All of them!!!

Offline S_E_A

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 01:10:07 PM »
Thank you, DBWT.

Any more takers?

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 01:10:52 PM »
Answer to Question 4 no idea we have no idea what brummie beauties Ryan Giggs was shagging behind his wife back in 1990s

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 01:11:59 PM »

I am surprised that Manu are as good as they are this season. I thought you may struggle? to a very bad ,for you, third but clearly RVP is working. So I am not sure this is best game for our long awaited home win against you however I like out set up. New hungry team with an excellent young coach. I think we can score on Saturday against your current defence however....
I will be very happy with mid table and to be clear of relegation worries by end of Feb.
3. What are your thoughts on Lambert? What were your thoughts on his appointment and is he the man to take Villa forward? What brand/style of football does he prefer?
Brave man and absolutely the right man for us.
4. Who are the young (U21s & U18s) Villa players worth keeping any eye on?
dirty hands off xxxxxxx and yyyyyyyyy and zzzzzzzzzz.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 01:14:09 PM by aftab235 »

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 01:15:20 PM »
Got to love question 4. Makes me feel like a sheep in a pen.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal