collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Would you take a point?  (Read 8584 times)

Offline QBVILLA

Would you take a point?
« on: November 08, 2012, 01:17:56 PM »
The next three games Man U (h), City (a) and Arsenal (h). If offered now would you as a fan take one point from these three fixtures? If so is that simply being realistic or is it a defeatist attitude?
The last time we beat United at home I was 18, Arsenal was '98 or 99 and City were always a bogey side even when they were shit so i'm looking at it and thinking we're looking at three defeats. However, football has an uncanny way of surprising and maybe just maybe we can muster a victory or a couple of draws. At this point i'd take the point, be chuffed with three and anything more would be convinced that we'll end up finishing top 6!

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
Re: Would you take a point?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 01:26:12 PM »
I'd take a point from each game, so three in total, but all have looked vulnerable at times already this season, so you've got to be aiming for more that 1 win and 2 defeats.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 01:35:26 PM »
It would be nice if we could get three points out of that lot you never know in football what can happen I would like more than one point to be honest but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 01:43:36 PM »
After last season I would be happy if we just competed in these games without surrendering before we touch the ball

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 01:46:04 PM »
We're capable of getting something out of all of them. I don't think we will and they're definitely 'bonus points', but it's not impossible.

Arsenal lost at Norwich the other week for example...

Offline Boz

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 01:48:40 PM »
Three points has to be a minimum if we want to ensure we keep out of the bottom three in December.

It will be tough, and we'll probably need a bit of luck, but trying to keep optimistic.  ;D

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 01:50:17 PM »
im hoping for nine, and i would like to think our team and manager believe they can achieve it.  Man City we can beat.  Arse have been average recently, and I think that midfield at United is as weak as it has been in 20 years.

Offline pedro25

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 01:52:52 PM »
I'd take no points if they were close and we gave them each a game.  I'd love to beat Arsenal at home for the first time in 13 years, the only better feeling would be beating Utd for the first time at home (in the league) for 17 years, especially as my kid brother is one of them.  When did we beat them in the league cup when Bozzie got loads of stick and they fielded the kids?  About 97ish?

Offline myf

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 02:00:07 PM »
I would be happy with two points from those three.  Two draws against those teams will instill a fair bit of confidence I reckon.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 02:14:33 PM »
The Brummie pessimism drags us down and gives our opponents an immediate advantage.  Lift the lads and they will perform to their potential - and their potential is far greater than results up to now would suggest.  I expect nothing less than Villa going all out to win all three and let's see what happens.  I genuinely don't fear any opponent - they should be fearing us.  I'll not run through the whole of our team but I will say, for starters, we've got Gabby who has scored winners against all three of that lot - so why on earth should we fear them?  Let them worry about how Gabby, Benteke and Weimann are going to rip them to shreds.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 02:58:03 PM by Billy Walker »

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 02:19:16 PM »
I would be happy with two points from those three.  Two draws against those teams will instill a fair bit of confidence I reckon.

Same here. 

Offline *shellac*

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 02:38:47 PM »
I expect two wins and a draw.

Offline Darlo Dave

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 02:40:34 PM »
I'd take three points from those games. I'm not sure what would do our confidence more good though. Losing two, and beating one of them would certainly bring a lot of plaudits, as well as giving us the belief we can beat anyone on our day. However a point of each of them, would show that we can live with and compete with the 'big boys'. Hmmm, can we not just win all three games instead?

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 02:52:55 PM »
I'd be happy with a point, I think we will end up in the bottom three at some point between now and January and it's most likely to be sooner rather than later given this run of fixtures.

I do believe we will be ok in the long term, it's just going to take time.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 02:56:48 PM »
I don't think you can accept writing off two games as defeats before you start, so I woudn't take one point now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal