collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Eric Lichaj  (Read 5876 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: Eric Lichaj
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 01:29:10 PM »
He certainly puts the effort in, but I just don't think he is quite good enough.  He's not great on the ball and is prone to making costly errors (got caught out on Saturday for their second goal).  I would personally prefer to keep Herd as RB cover over Lichaj, as he can cover a number of other positions. 
I thought his ball use on Saturday was generally excellent ... but his error for their second was crap, admittedly. He looked nervous early on but after the first 15 minutes I thought he played Hazard (and later Moses) pretty well.

Yeah I'd agree with that, but in the end he still got caught out and ended up lying exasperated on the turf as he does in most games he plays.  I'd rather us let him go and bring in a better option who can provide solid cover for both full-back positions.   

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 01:30:45 PM »
I would personally prefer to keep Herd as RB cover over Lichaj, as he can cover a number of other positions. 

Herd was very good when he came in at right back, on the other hand he was playing against Wolves if I remember correctly, which is not the same as Chelsea.

True, but we never really got to see him given a run at RB.  He showed a bit of fight in that Wolves game and McLeish immediately moved him into midfield. 

Offline supertom

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 01:32:10 PM »
Any ideas how much Lichaj earns? He's played for his national side and he's now getting beyond the age of being a youngster. I think possibly it might be better to let him go and get a younger player in to cover Lowts.

I don't think Eric's too bad, but he lacks a little bit of pace and I don't see him getting any better. I don't think he's Prem quality. If he's on say 15k, I'd let him go when his contract runs, get in a youngster on less money, with more potential.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 04:40:08 PM »
Is it the enda the road for Eric and Stephens?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 04:44:04 PM »
I wouldn't mind keeping as a squad player, however i'd also hope that as he is 25 this year he'd want to play more often.

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 06:05:09 PM »
If he weren't out of contract, keeping him would allow current resources to go into other areas of the squad where we have next to no viable competition for places. We could revisit the right back position in a year's time.

He's out of contract in a few weeks, which is a different matter. We're looking at what we want longer term, and for the way Lambert plays I don't think it is Eric.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2013, 09:04:30 PM »
I quite like Lichaj. He certainly is no left back, but he's had some good games playing in his proper position.

Whether that's enough to secure him a new contract with us is a different matter. But he's a better player than he's given credit for.

I agree.

He's like Herd for me. Can come in a game or two and do a decent job.

The problem is what we saw over xmas when he starts 5-6 games in a row and teams start to target him and then he struggles.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal