collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:01:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 10:00:20 PM]

Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[Today at 09:42:35 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:40:37 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Gareth
[Today at 09:40:00 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Drummond
[Today at 09:20:21 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by algy
[Today at 09:18:36 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by AV84
[Today at 09:01:25 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:01:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 10:00:20 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by andyh
[Today at 09:59:51 PM]

[Today at 09:57:13 PM]

[Today at 09:56:23 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 09:54:49 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:51:28 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 09:50:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Away Support  (Read 17749 times)

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
Re: Away Support
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2012, 09:01:51 PM »
I took a few Everton fans to the Bolton game last year (where we won 1-2) and they said whilst we were very, very funny they'd never met a more pessimistic bunch of supporters in their lives. To be fair, we were singing "how shit must you be, we're winning away" and, when 2-0 up, "2-2, we're gonna draw 2-2".

Tis all jolly japes, following Villa away.

I fail to see how those types of chants inspire the team.  They may well rouse a chortle among the crowd and the opposition fans just might think the Villa fans are wags with their zany humour, but the Villa players on the pitch (if they hear it) must inwardly cringe.  It's hardly uplifting stuff for a team containing three or four youngsters.  It's all good, character building stuff, I suppose.

Its a bit of a laugh, or would you rather we act to the stereo-type and just sing the Villa all game?
Fulham was good, but after 10 renditions of Holteenders in the Sky in the 1st half it did get a bit tiresome. I like Everton fans away from home, not many teams make much noise. United away fans are some of the best down VP in terms of noise. Albion are the worst, barely make any noise, sing SOTV 1,000 times before kick off them go home crying on their forums that Villa are shit, Birmighams shit and that we really do care. I find them the cringeist fans going, all of their songs are original and boring

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2012, 10:02:47 PM »
I disagree with all this slating of Albion's travelling fans. I think they've been very loud the last couple of times they've come to Villa Park. Granted they've had reason to be for once.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2012, 10:08:16 PM »
I disagree with all this slating of Albion's travelling fans. I think they've been very loud the last couple of times they've come to Villa Park. Granted they've had reason to be for once.

Verbal warning.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2012, 10:00:51 AM »
Albion's away support is like their home support. Shit and related to one another.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2012, 07:04:30 PM »
I took a few Everton fans to the Bolton game last year (where we won 1-2) and they said whilst we were very, very funny they'd never met a more pessimistic bunch of supporters in their lives. To be fair, we were singing "how shit must you be, we're winning away" and, when 2-0 up, "2-2, we're gonna draw 2-2".

Tis all jolly japes, following Villa away.

I fail to see how those types of chants inspire the team.  They may well rouse a chortle among the crowd and the opposition fans just might think the Villa fans are wags with their zany humour, but the Villa players on the pitch (if they hear it) must inwardly cringe.  It's hardly uplifting stuff for a team containing three or four youngsters.  It's all good, character building stuff, I suppose.

Its a bit of a laugh, or would you rather we act to the stereo-type and just sing the Villa all game?
Fulham was good, but after 10 renditions of Holteenders in the Sky in the 1st half it did get a bit tiresome. I like Everton fans away from home, not many teams make much noise. United away fans are some of the best down VP in terms of noise. Albion are the worst, barely make any noise, sing SOTV 1,000 times before kick off them go home crying on their forums that Villa are shit, Birmighams shit and that we really do care. I find them the cringeist fans going, all of their songs are original and boring

Must admit at the Emirates when they were chanting "RVP scores when he wants" and we replied with "Heskey scores when he wants" I just burst out laughing and had to join in.

Doubt Heskey would've enjoyed hearing it but that's the sort of humour that football crowds should be about.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal