collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 01:39:14 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:35:13 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 01:39:14 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:35:13 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 01:31:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Nev
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:17:42 PM]

Re: Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 01:05:47 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Away Support  (Read 17685 times)

Offline Trinitymiddle

Away Support
« on: November 06, 2012, 10:07:34 AM »
I used to travel away a lot more than I do these days, so I was hoping to be enlightened by setting up this topic for discussion.

I was always quite proud of our away support, usually turning up in numbers and singing loudly throughout the game. But in the past week I read a lot of negative comments about us on the Sunderland fansite, and then the extract (below) from a letter from a Fulham fan on Football365 yesterday, and I'm wondering if others fell the same way?

"Brilliant support from Everton fans, really into the game and were in very good spirits. A very classy club from manager to players and fans. Complete contrast to the Villa fans, who were essentially just nasty. (special mention to city fans - the only fans I have seen this year on tv or live with original chants)."

I was at Fulham and didn't notice anything "nasty". Yeah there's always a few dickheads in every group of supporters, and the experience you have often depends on the people in your immediate vicinty, and some of the songs are a bit tired (especially the "No respect", as discussed elsewhere). So is all this recent negativity towards our away support justified or not?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Away Support
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 10:17:16 AM »
I go away a lot and it's unfair to say our fans are Nasty. I'm not sure whoever wrote that used the right words. I sense a bit of frustration amongst us, although the away support have not had much to cheer about since we had that good spell of away form from under MON.

You're always going to get twats away from home who can't take their drink, but overall i think the lads (and lasses) who follow us are absolutley superb.

Offline eastie

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 10:23:13 AM »
I think the no respect, shit support , empty seats ,etc crap in the mlord song only makes our fans look silly and probably gives others that impression too.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 10:26:50 AM »
I was home and away until i came here,two and a half years ago, and find the "Nasty" comment way of the mark. As posted earlier, always going to be some dickheads but i used to be very proud to follow Villa away because we had nothing but fun.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 11:50:05 AM »
I think the no respect, shit support , empty seats ,etc crap in the mlord song only makes our fans look silly and probably gives others that impression too.

This.  I hate to say this but the whole empty seats/no respect/it's your round m'lord thing makes me ashamed to be a Villa supporter when travelling awayand that's saying something.  If that upsets folk, I'm sorry but that's how I feel. It's small time, poxy and cringeworthy. 

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 11:56:51 AM »
All about opinions, really.

Everton, in my experience, have the least inspiring away support in the league. They usually turn up, but then sit down for 90 mins, only breaking into "Everton, Everton, Everton" or that "if you know your history" bollocks every 15 mins or so.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 12:00:08 PM »
Our away support is generally fantastic.

A bit rich, having our away support criticised by a Fulham fan.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 12:38:41 PM »
"Brilliant support from Everton fans, really into the game and were in very good spirits. A very classy club from manager to players and fans. Complete contrast to the Villa fans, who were essentially just nasty. (special mention to city fans - the only fans I have seen this year on tv or live with original chants)."

I was at Fulham and didn't notice anything "nasty". Yeah there's always a few dickheads in every group of supporters, and the experience you have often depends on the people in your immediate vicinty, and some of the songs are a bit tired (especially the "No respect", as discussed elsewhere). So is all this recent negativity towards our away support justified or not?

i know fulham season ticket holders and they were a bit miffed that the home support joined in the applause for petrov, only to be greeted by hostility.

the acoustics are awful at fulham, all the sound just leaks out of the stadium. the home support can''t hear the away support, and the away support can't hear the rare forays from the home support.

on the whole, the fans were better behaved than on previous occasions at fulham, where some of our 'fans' have been an embarrassment to the club.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 12:44:06 PM »
I also go to away games and I must say I don't think we are a nasty bunch of supporters we just enjoy ourselves thats all we do.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 12:46:10 PM »
I also go to away games and I must say I don't think we are a nasty bunch of supporters we just enjoy ourselves thats all we do.

And we all know what your idea of enjoying yourself is. Bloody animal, that's what you are.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 01:00:47 PM »
I wouldn't ever say we are a nasty bunch.   Drunken pisstaking jovial windup merchants yes,  but never nasty.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 01:14:34 PM »
I used to travel away a lot more than I do these days, so I was hoping to be enlightened by setting up this topic for discussion.

I was always quite proud of our away support, usually turning up in numbers and singing loudly throughout the game. But in the past week I read a lot of negative comments about us on the Sunderland fansite, and then the extract (below) from a letter from a Fulham fan on Football365 yesterday, and I'm wondering if others fell the same way?

I read comments from Fulham fans after the match saying the Villa fans were brilliant.

Online Ducksworthy

• GM : 20.02.2025
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 01:19:53 PM »
I took a few Everton fans to the Bolton game last year (where we won 1-2) and they said whilst we were very, very funny they'd never met a more pessimistic bunch of supporters in their lives. To be fair, we were singing "how shit must you be, we're winning away" and, when 2-0 up, "2-2, we're gonna draw 2-2".

Tis all jolly japes, following Villa away.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 01:20:50 PM »
Our support at Fulham will have shat on pretty much everybody elses. There was 20 minutes continuing singing for one.

For once, the "shite support" song was apt against Fulham. It took Sunderland 83 minutes to hit the target against us on Saturday.. It took those yogurt knitters longer to sing a song.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 01:21:55 PM »
I've moaned about the no respect bollocks for ages, I now find myself going to the toilet on 19 minutes to avoid the temptation of having a go at our supporters for singing it. I saw a thread on a Fulham site that mentioned a group of Villa fans got into a Fulham fans only pub before the doorman started and were very "in the faces" of the Fulham fans, I think that was what the other thread was on about.

On a positive note Southampton fans were stating on one of their sites that we were the loudest they'd heard down there for years.   

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal