collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mancs in our stands  (Read 59629 times)

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: Mancs in our stands
« Reply #285 on: November 12, 2012, 04:36:05 PM »
Is that the lad I met down at Wembley John?

Yes mate, that's the one

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #286 on: November 12, 2012, 04:40:41 PM »
we had about 6 Korean/Chinese/Japanese lads and lasses (that we had never seen before) near us in Lower Holte L3 and my mate turns to me muttering about bloody Man yoo tourists but when the first Villa goal went in they were jumping around us like loons dripping in Villa gear from head to toe from the club shop.

Based on Paulie's post above they should have been rounded upon for not supporting Grampus 8 - that is very terrible of me and assumes probably wrongly they would have been born in their forefathers native land. 

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #287 on: November 12, 2012, 04:41:10 PM »
And I like Paulie's post.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #288 on: November 12, 2012, 04:43:41 PM »
Well done John, sounds like you've done a good job bringing up a fine young man.

thanks perc,
 he's a nightmare actually, but i try my best

Offline Darlo Dave

« Reply #289 on: November 14, 2012, 03:05:01 PM »
I saw a couple of incidents below me (in K7) but nothing too bad.  The last one was when their winner went in but the rumour was that it was a Wolves fan whose accumulator had just come in.

Has anyone else had trouble with them on the way to away games?  I've bumped into them a couple of times on the train from Leicester to London and it's never been pleasant.  One particularly nice trick is to sit in other people's reserved seats and then threaten them and give out a load of verbal abuse when the real customers try to get their seats.  It's usually just me and my girlfriend in Villa colours so they usually try to intimidate us as we walk past as well.  Whilst there are exceptions, the vast majority of them that I've met on the way to games have been aresholes of the highest order.

My negative views of their fans dates back to the League Cup final. We'd hired a coach and had parked at Neasdon to get to Wembley. Their fans started on the tube train, goading us about their title win and stealing the scarf of a 10 year old traveling with us. Post match a number of our party were attacked by their fans who'd been waiting at the station. Women and kids were attacked as they threw missiles at any Villa fan stepping out of the trains. They were London Reds in this sorry case, but the attitude seems to be inherent with many of their ilk.

I had a bit of an episode with some COCKney Reds on the Tube myself at Wembley. On the way back to Kings Cross, after the game I was on a train full of them. There was probably only 2 other Villa fans in the carriage, and also a small Asian guy, who didn't seem to be a football fan. They were giving it the full repertoire of songs, and I stood in silence, as they sang about being the 'Cocks' of The North. Then they decided that it would be oh so hilarious to start singing 'Sh*t On The Villa'. I'm not normally one for losing my temper in public, but it just really got to me. So much so that I told them to, "shut the f*ck up", and asked "why are you singing that? You're not Noses, or even from the Midlands." I'm no hoolie I must add, although I'm a fair sized unit (code for tall and fat), but they all stopped singing it. The small Asian guy to his credit, tried to calm me down. Possibly fearing, I'd get a pasting, but I was beyond caring. I spent to rest of the, in retrospect, thankfully short journey, muttering to myself, as people slowly edged away from me. As I got off the train to change lines, someone with a proper Manc accent, actually come and put his arm around me, and sort of apologised. Fair play to him I suppose.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 05:59:56 PM by Darlo Dave »

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #290 on: November 14, 2012, 03:08:31 PM »
As I got off the train to change lines, someone with a proper Manc accent, actually come and put his arm around me, and sort of apologised

probably Man City fan exiled in London....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal