collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mancs in our stands  (Read 59809 times)

Offline arnie66

Mancs in our stands
« on: November 05, 2012, 03:17:01 PM »
I'm really hoping that just for once there are no glory hunting plastic Mancs sitting in the Trinity block B on Saturday.  The last couple of times we have played them they have been in the few seats around us not occupied by season ticket holders.

Although not overtly celebrating when Jones scored last year they were obvious. 

I seem to remember some Villa fans pulling a Manc out of an exec box at the back of block B last year and giving him a slap.  Quite unusual for Trinity block B where it's usually very quiet and sedate.

Offline bilsim

• I just love Aston Villa.
Re: Mancs in our stands
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 03:21:53 PM »
Didn't Sir. Herbert start the practice of selling off tickets in the Villa areas to their "supporters"?

Offline rutski

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 03:31:26 PM »
if someone is not overtly celebrating and generally behaving well and respectful within the surroundings, why do we have to throw them out?

Offline arnie66

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 03:36:47 PM »
we don't have to throw them out......just annoys me that they are not Villa fans.....and of course the childish part of me wants them to be asked to leave.

Just can't help it

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 03:37:51 PM »
There may well be Man U supporters in the Villa areas of the ground but they won't be Mancs - everything but Mancs probably.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 03:41:22 PM »
That's the thing with that lot though. They don't tend do those things. The common thing to do when in the wrong end is keep your mouth shut and head down, it's what most of us have done when in with the home fans. Instead they tend to act like it's their own end which will always antagonize someone sitting near. Right or wrong heat of the moment and all that and someone will dish out a slap.

Not proud of it but one of the last times I was involved in anything inside a stadium was with that lot. IIRC it was the season the Holte was rebuilt so we were in the Lower Trinity and they had a much reduced allocation. They scored and 2 complete bellends next to me and my mate went up in the air and gave it the big one. Not proud of our actions so I won't say what happened next.
My point is though that there's been plenty of other occasions where i've known away fans were by me in the Holte or wherever but they behaved in a sensible way so I didn't really give a feck, apart from the usual annoyance that they manage to get tickets in there, but that's an issue I have more with the club when it happens.

Offline eastie

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 03:42:28 PM »
Sad that people can't sit in our stands without fear of being thrown out for showing support- a friend of mine joined me for a match and was supporting the opposition but had a coat on , a steward saw his collar and threatened him "one word from you and you will be out " , totally uncalled for in my opinion- I remember the days when away fans would sit in the home stand without fear of ejection.

As long as they are well behaved and not abusive I don't see a problem- god knows I've been in away stands and celebrated villa goals many times in the past , do it now though and it probably would mean being thrown out or worse.

I remember at highfield  road keeping a low profile until villa scored only to jump up and punch the air and find most of the home stand doing the same - there must have been more villa than cov in their own main stand - happy days.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 03:46:13 PM by eastie »

Offline les spragg

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 03:50:31 PM »
A friend of mine who lives in London wanted to take his mum and his son to watch villa v Arsenal the man and his mum were Villa fans but the boy who is about 5 supports Arsenal as all his mates do I tried to get some tickets for him to sit in the Doug Ellis and when the ticket Lady asked if they were all Villa fans I said the 2 adults were but the boy of 5 was arsenal she would not let me buy them so I said how is he supposed to be able to watch she just kept repeating she could not sell them I asked if she thought a 5 year old was going to start a fight but she would not sell them I should of said they were all Villa it does not pay to be honest!!

Offline arnie66

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 03:56:12 PM »
It seems to work perfectly well at Fulham....in their neutral section.

Can't ever remember seeing any issues there

Offline andyaston

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 03:56:46 PM »
it's happened for the last few years in the North Stand. They score (they usually do) then, someone goes up, either one of the locals points to the culprits or a scuffle goes on.

Last year it happened in the row in front of me about 10 seats to my left, someone pointed this guy to the stewards and they came over and accompanied him out the stand. I saw they were taking him out and felt like saying 'Sod off you stupid gloryhunter' but, as he got closer he got bigger, very big so I kept my opinion to myself.

Offline mrastonvilla

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 03:57:45 PM »
I bought an additional ticket for Saturdays game a few weeks back for a villa supporting mate. I asked the guy at the ticket office what date the game would go on general sale. He said it won't in order to prevent away fans buying tickets in the home areas. Checked today online and the match is on general sale. A bit confused by this!

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 04:03:47 PM »

It once kicked off really badly in there when some bloke claimed he preferred generic New World Shiraz to second-rate estate-bottled Bordeaux.

Claret everywhere

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 04:09:31 PM »
Chortle.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 04:14:50 PM »

It once kicked off really badly in there when some bloke claimed he preferred generic New World Shiraz to second-rate estate-bottled Bordeaux.

Claret everywhere

The stewards did their best but try as they might couldn't Appelation Control it.

Offline pedro25

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 04:20:00 PM »
I wouldn't mind if a goal was cheered/applauded/clapped, no problem, if they got abusive then chuck them out.  I always thought it would add to the atmosphere if everyone was in together singing songs etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal