collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stability or all change again?  (Read 9408 times)

Offline pedro25

Re: Stability or all change again?
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2012, 08:51:52 PM »
I think playing Delph as full back might be a bit of a liability with Ashley Young always likely to trip over a blade of grass when the full back is within a few yards of him.

Wouldn't disagree as such, but given the pace of Valencia/Young etc at least Delph would have a chance of keeping up with them, whereas Stevens or Clark wouldn't get near them.

Offline Boz

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2012, 01:55:10 PM »
Keeping a winning team is OK most of the time, but when it was against a p*ss poor team compared to whom we will be playing, I think PL will make changes, but what they will be, haven't a clue.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2012, 11:12:58 PM »
Just having Westwood as a holding midfield would be very naive against them especially when RVP and Rooney both drop off the frontline into the second striker area.

KEA has dipped after a decent start but I think he needs to be in there to help Westwood out.

I'd start both Holman and Weimann out wide as we need their energy especially on the left where whoever plays there will have a very tough game against Valencia.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2012, 02:54:06 AM »
Westwood's debut, against Southampton in the 2nd half wasn't very good. He looked a lot better against Sunderland, maybe due to being a lot more used to it.

I would prefer to play KEA against Manure though.

Enda Stevens likewise was poor against Swindon, but better last match. Would prefer to see Lichaj or Bennett than Enda this weekend though.

Don't want to come across as being pedantic, but wasn't Westwood's debut when he came on against Swansea? He did well in that game and kept possession well.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal