collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stability or all change again?  (Read 9410 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Stability or all change again?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 02:06:53 PM »
I'd be worried about Westwood and Bannan up against Man Utd's midfield, so personally I would bring KEA back in.

True, but on the other hand, I remember two years ago  Bannan and Jonathon Hogg starting in the middle against Man United and doing very well in a match we drew, and probably deserved to win.

I'd go for stability.

Offline eastie

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 02:29:56 PM »
I'd move Lowton to the left and put Herd at Right Back.No way Enda should start

I'm assuming herd and baker as well as Bennett will be injured and also lichaj suspended.

I remember Delph covered at left back before , Stevens looks nowhere near ready and looked awful at Swindon.

Offline pedro25

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 02:32:19 PM »
With Bennett crocked & Lichaj injured there could be 1 enforced change - is Stevens up to it if required?

Lichaj is suspended according to kendrick.  Stevens isn't up to it in my opinion , maybe Delph at left back as Bennett looks like being out.

Guzan

Lowton.    Clark.    Vlaar.    Delph

Kea.     Westwood
       Bannan.    Ireland.    Gabby

Benteke

This team for me too, I don't think Stevens is up to it either and if Bennett, Dunne, Baker and Herd are still out the only other option would be Hutton, Lowton, Vlaar, Clark but that is 3 changes when 1 would suffice.  KEA for Weimann for the extra solidity.  Bench Given, Stevens, Holman, Albrighton, Weimann, Bowery, Burke.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 02:35:50 PM »
I'm not sure I agree with the "Lambert is just trying to find his best 11" theory. Wasn't one of the things mentioned by Norwich fans during the summer that we would have to get used to not knowing what the next game's starting lineup would be?

For a guy who's supposed to MON's protege he certainly seems his opposite tactically.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 02:41:26 PM »
I think we definitely need two in front of the back four and Westwood would appear to be a better proposition than Delph, especially in view of Delph's tendency to dive into a tackle.  It makes you wonder what line ups they have at Bodymoor Heath when they are training to see if PL has had a look at a KEA/Westwood partnership.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 02:50:50 PM »
Westwood's performance on Saturday made me wonder why he'd hardly played before.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2012, 02:52:25 PM »
I think his performance when he came on against Southampton is the answer to that.

But he's a young player I think we'll see a lot more of the Saturday version from now on.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 02:55:44 PM »
Westwood's performance on Saturday made me wonder why he'd hardly played before.

Probably because he's only 22 and has never played in a standard above the third division. I'm glad that someone took a gamble on him though, it looks like he could easily be a Premier League standard player.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2012, 02:57:50 PM »
I think his performance when he came on against Southampton is the answer to that.

But he's a young player I think we'll see a lot more of the Saturday version from now on.

He's also come from League 2, he's had a bigger step up to make than the others. He did look the part though. Think he could be a really astute signing.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2012, 02:59:27 PM »

Know what you mean, but considering where he came from, he's done pretty well, to be honest, to get a stating slot so relatively early in the season.

Very impressed with him on Saturday. He compares himself to Michael Carrick as a player (in terms of style), and I could see why on Saturday.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2012, 03:01:45 PM »
I was very impressed with Westwood and think he deserves to keep  his place.

Offline levico

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 03:56:40 PM »
One criticism I have had of KEA and Delph this season has been their capacity of giving the ball away. How many times did Delph particularly let someone come up on the blind side and take the ball off him - is he deaf or have a peripheral vision problem?

I agree that Westwood was pretty poor at Southampton but one of the reasons we won on Saturday was due to his ability to hold on to the ball. I think he should start against Man U - let KEA win his place back and let Delph keep the bench warm in case we get desperate.

Offline Merv

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2012, 06:17:58 PM »
I'd be tempted to play both against United - KEA and Westwood with Bannan in front of them.

Left back is a worry.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2012, 06:20:14 PM »
Stability. I think I'll start the pre-match thread.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2012, 07:21:57 PM »
KEA and Westwood could work really well together, the only issue is whether that means dropping Weimann or Bannan... tough choice it will be interesting to see which way PL goes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal