collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: No Respect  (Read 84134 times)

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Re: No Respect
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 02:32:32 PM »
Read through that Sunderland thread and cannot disgree with a lot of it to be honest.
The ones who use the 19th minute applause to then have a go at the oppostion fans with `No respect m'lud`are the same muppets who sing empty seats m'lud (do they look around VP most games these days?) `It's your round m'lud`and `On the piss m'lud` (have they read Paul McGraths biography? Probably not, the illiterate twats).
I think the 19th minute applause should be dropped now. I would rather keep a look out for any news of Stans progress than stand up for a minute clapping and then having the reaction from the idiots afterwards. I doubt most of them could tell you the first thing about whats happened with Stan since he was diagnosed anyway.

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 02:36:16 PM »
Chanting "no respect" is utterly embarrassing and makes Villa fans look like a bunch of childish morons. I'm afraid it's up to reasonable fans to tell the cretins to shut the fuck up. 

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 02:39:42 PM »
Yep the No Respect chant has got to stop. I'm fine for fans to carry on applauding if that's what they want to do but I wonder if maybe a banner of some sort on the Holte End would be a better reminder, if there is'nt already one.

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 02:43:15 PM »
Chanting "no respect" is utterly embarrassing and makes Villa fans look like a bunch of childish morons. I'm afraid it's up to reasonable fans to tell the cretins to shut the fuck up. 

Unfortunately, that then leads to squabbles and scuffles. Better to let it end at VP and the cretins will get bored of it eventually.

Offline Fin Feds Dad

• GM : 09.08.2016
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 02:49:23 PM »
Must admit I'm starting to wish the 19th minute would wind down now. It's gone beyond what I wanted it to do when I first suggested it.
I said this a couple of months ago.Stan knows how we feel its time to drop it.

Agree completely .

Also think that an appearance from Stan on the pitch , either before the game or at half time would help, if he's well enough to do that .

Offline eastie

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 02:49:39 PM »
Read through that Sunderland thread and cannot disgree with a lot of it to be honest.
The ones who use the 19th minute applause to then have a go at the oppostion fans with `No respect m'lud`are the same muppets who sing empty seats m'lud (do they look around VP most games these days?) `It's your round m'lud`and `On the piss m'lud` (have they read Paul McGraths biography? Probably not, the illiterate twats).
I think the 19th minute applause should be dropped now. I would rather keep a look out for any news of Stans progress than stand up for a minute clapping and then having the reaction from the idiots afterwards. I doubt most of them could tell you the first thing about whats happened with Stan since he was diagnosed anyway.

Far from reading Paul's autobiography I bet most of them wouldn't know him if they passed him in the street.  The song is no way a tribute to Paul and is frankly an embarrassment to our great club when it leads to shit support, empty seats , on the piss, no respect etc.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 03:11:14 PM by eastie »

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 02:55:48 PM »
I agree chant the whole Petrov thing needs to be left at Villa park and gradually knocked on the head. The whole empty seats thing is pointless we all know that. I would much rather have a 'ooh aah Paul McGrath chant.' these were the first words out of my 10 year olds mouth.. she is now a proud season ticket holder. One last thing though cut all the slagging off of the fans who make the effort to go away. show some respect!!!!!!!

Offline Clampy

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 02:57:37 PM »
I don't mind the Paul McGrath song to be honest. It might appear in poor taste but i don't think it's intended to be.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2012, 03:00:28 PM »
One last thing though cut all the slagging off of the fans who make the effort to go away. show some respect!!!!!!!

Oh I see. They go away, therefore have proved their allegiance and get to say what they like.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 03:01:15 PM »
I don't mind the Paul McGrath song to be honest. It might appear in poor taste but i don't think it's intended to be.
Doesn't matter if it's intended to be or not, it is in poor taste.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2012, 03:02:03 PM »
Must admit I'm starting to wish the 19th minute would wind down now. It's gone beyond what I wanted it to do when I first suggested it.
Agreed. We are now past it's intent and conduct of our fans in no respect song is bringing us disrespect. Best wishes for Stan but please no more 19th minute screen shot. Leave it to those who want to do and don't  make judgements on those who don't.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2012, 03:09:47 PM »
We should drop the m'lud song and get back to `My Old Man`. The most profane song ever but not disrespectful to anybody, unless your Dad really was a bluenose.

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2012, 03:15:07 PM »
stu. you always pick on a point in a post.. fans who go away do deserve more respect anyone who thinks different is a pleb... my original post was a light hearted look at the situation. anyway keep being bitter.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2012, 03:16:34 PM »
They don't deserve more respect just because they go to away games. And we'll have less of the insults as well please.

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2012, 03:20:29 PM »
Anyone offended by the word pleb is deeply disturbed.. also i wont comment on Stu's posts if he doesnt comment on mine. Happy with that?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal