collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What is it with Phil Dowd?  (Read 73532 times)

Offline villan from luton

Re: What is it with Phil Dowd?
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2012, 09:58:56 PM »
Have to say I thought Bennett left him little option yesterday

Me either, it was a blatant foul, as cast iron as they come, even the lad himself said so.

Or me, the kid embarrassed himself and Villa.

As an addition, the bit that summed it up for me was when Bent was clearly pushed out of the way in injury time and he didn't give anything. It was so blatant a push and a foul that even David Blunkett would have seen it.
total overreaction, the kid made 2 fouls and all of a sudden he is deserving of a red card? first foul agreed, stupid plus he kicked the player, the 2nd one, both players tangling for a ball on the half way line, that should never ever be a yellow card unless he has done it before and been warned about it, but red card? Never. 2 fouls and you are off, what a load of bollocks!

May be bollocks, but they are the rules and he had to go, fat ref or not fat ref

Offline rutski

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2012, 10:02:54 PM »
Have to say I thought Bennett left him little option yesterday

Me either, it was a blatant foul, as cast iron as they come, even the lad himself said so.

Or me, the kid embarrassed himself and Villa.

As an addition, the bit that summed it up for me was when Bent was clearly pushed out of the way in injury time and he didn't give anything. It was so blatant a push and a foul that even David Blunkett would have seen it.
total overreaction, the kid made 2 fouls and all of a sudden he is deserving of a red card? first foul agreed, stupid plus he kicked the player, the 2nd one, both players tangling for a ball on the half way line, that should never ever be a yellow card unless he has done it before and been warned about it, but red card? Never. 2 fouls and you are off, what a load of bollocks!

May be bollocks, but they are the rules and he had to go, fat ref or not fat ref
the rules of a yellow card arent 2 players going for a ball with both holding each other exactley the same until one throws his arms in the air and remonstrates with the ref thus warranting a yellow card! first one no argument, but he should never have received one for the 2nd!

Offline rutski

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2012, 10:06:06 PM »
dont forget the laws of football are exactly the same no matter whether you are playing, premier league, championship, kidderminster prem or under 12's stourbridge league. do you think the fat twat would have done it in any of the games other than at the villa yeaterday, fat inept useless piece of shit. Norwich didnt get a booking yeaterday. did they make any fouls?

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2012, 10:06:44 PM »
rutski, Joe Bennett grabbed him, has even said so himself, so nothing more to say. Dowd is a fat twat, but lets be honest he should have sent Herd off and could well have given a penalty against Vlaar in first half.

Offline rutski

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2012, 10:12:41 PM »
rutski, Joe Bennett grabbed him, has even said so himself, so nothing more to say. Dowd is a fat twat, but lets be honest he should have sent Herd off and could well have given a penalty against Vlaar in first half.
whether he grabbed him or not, did the other guy have hold of him also? the answer to that is yes! if anyone says that he wasnt held also need to have a better look at the incident! why punish one and not the other? he should have let it go and ticked them both off!

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2012, 10:15:28 PM »
No, the initial foul was from Joe Bennett.

Offline rutski

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2012, 10:21:00 PM »
No, the initial foul was from Joe Bennett.
it was 6 of one, on the halfway line, both as culpable as the other! until one remonstrated(gamesmanship) and then he sent him off for supposidly his 2nd foul! both as bad as the other!

Offline AvFc4eVeR

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2012, 10:21:45 PM »
All players should know, let alone just Villa players, what Dowd is like, so why give him reason to get his shiny cards out every other minute!

Bennett will learn but if Dowd was really against us, we would have been down to nine and had a penalty against us for Vlaars challenge. As it turns out he wasn't he is just incompetent.

As for the original fantastic post, sums up referee's perfectly, no accountability, no consistency and no logic or thought applied to their decision making.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2012, 10:22:21 PM »
People do understand that it is possible to give a free kick for a foul without carding a player. This should be the case for non- dangerous fouls, and fouls that don't block direct goal scoring opportunities. I would say Bennet's 2nd offence was a free kick but not a card.

That's lovely, but unfortunately at odds with the actual laws of the game.  It was definitely a cautionable offence:

"Commits a tactical foul designed to interfere with or impede an opposing team’s attacking play (e.g., pushing an opponent or blatantly holding an opponent)."

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2012, 10:23:34 PM »
Joe Bennett was a fool yesterday and he had to go but I'll never forgive or forget Dowd's decision not to send off Vidic at Wembley.

To rub salt in the wound he did nothing about him consistently fouling for the next hour. Man U got away with murder that game.

Offline rutski

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2012, 10:29:02 PM »
People do understand that it is possible to give a free kick for a foul without carding a player. This should be the case for non- dangerous fouls, and fouls that don't block direct goal scoring opportunities. I would say Bennet's 2nd offence was a free kick but not a card.

That's lovely, but unfortunately at odds with the actual laws of the game.  It was definitely a cautionable offence:

"Commits a tactical foul designed to interfere with or impede an opposing team’s attacking play (e.g., pushing an opponent or blatantly holding an opponent)."

i put a post up about 5 previous riss, do you think dowd would have reacted the same in every game i suggested?

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2012, 10:33:00 PM »
So rutski, are you siggesting he is just anti Villa? Was marriner anti liverpool today then and Clattenburg anti chelski, cos they fecked up as well, actually the linesmen did more so

Offline rutski

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2012, 10:38:32 PM »
So rutski, are you siggesting he is just anti Villa? Was marriner anti liverpool today then and Clattenburg anti chelski, cos they fecked up as well, actually the linesmen did more so
i couldnt give a flying frig about anyone else, dowd IS anti Villa. and in no way should that 2nd have been a yellow card, just as they had players making late challenges on ours and him not booking them. tell me if he would have sent off ferdinand at old trafford for that? the answer is a resounding no. would he have sent off my son in a under 12's game at enville this morning? no! he should though because the laws of the game are exactly the same. it should have been a talking to at best, both players were at it.

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2012, 10:42:58 PM »
You have answered your own question by saying he should have sent your son off for that offence. As for Ferdinand, yes he should have sent him off, but he would not have been dopey enough to get involved like that and lose his team 2 points

Offline rutski

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2012, 10:44:31 PM »
i said this after the olbeyun game where he sent off herd, he should have gone up to the linesman and said, did herd 100% stamp on olsen? his answer needs to be yes 100% he did. dowd says you need to be sure you saw a stamp, well whatever the answer was it was a lie because he did not see a stamp because there was no stamp! yeaterday hi sthought process should have been, joe bennet has got hold of elliott bennett, answer yes. has elliott bennett got hold of joe bennett? yes, it does look that way, then the decision is that both are at it, get on with the game you doughnuts! too card happy against us!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal