collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by chrisw1
[Today at 03:32:08 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:08:36 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:04:08 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 02:54:38 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 02:33:46 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by chrisw1
[Today at 02:25:44 PM]

Diego Carlos by Demitri_C
[Today at 02:25:16 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by Somniloquism
[Today at 01:40:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sunderland v Villa  (Read 18345 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: Sunderland v Villa
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2012, 11:22:42 PM »
I think more of the Sunderland fans have sussed Marty out.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Funny reading this evening.

The reporter on Radio 5 said they were booed off after the game.  MON won't like that (remember him refusing to acknowledge Villa fans after they had booed the team off the game before).  I'm sure the press will be reminding them  how lucky they are to have him up there though.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2012, 11:26:21 PM »

Is it just me, or does H&V make every other team's forum look like shit? They all look like they were designed on a fax machine. Well done and thanks to the mods for making this site look so nice.

And folks can also (hopefully) see why we keep the number threads down where possible.
That Sunderland looks as messy as the SHA one with numerous threads started all saying the same things and just a few replies to each one.

Couldn't agree more, I've had a count and there's well over 70 threads started today there. Unbelievable.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2012, 11:43:11 PM »
Originally Posted by CRISPY 
I can see a section of the fans Turning on o'neill befor too long can't blame anyone tbf everyone has the right to speak there mind right or wrong.

Its the lack of effort going forward that gets me, its like he doesnt want to attack and score goals. The the aim of the game! im fucking sick of "try and nick one on the break"

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=739452&page=3#ixzz2ApSRdOHp

Offline TonyD

« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2012, 12:00:43 AM »
Never made it to Roker Park and Maine Rd.  Two grounds I missed.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2012, 12:08:27 AM »
I think the funniest thing for me in all of it is how predictable it was with MON when he took the job. We all told the Sunderland fans what to expect, it fell on deaf ears, and a lot sooner than I thought they are replicating threads we had every week for about 12 months, although we were top 6 and in the cups at the time. Makes us look bad, and we would love to be top 6 again, but not under Mad Martin, no way. The football was dire, especially at home, for a long, long time.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2012, 01:35:03 AM »

Only the bedwetters Paulie, only the bedwetters!  ;)  It's very poor at the minute, three key players all out of form and no-one of significant quality to replace them. It will come good. Still only one defeat in the league at the moment, though only one victory! Defence is pretty sound. Disapointing to lose in the manner we did, particularly at home in a derby, but life's a bitch and then you die! Pleased it brought a smile to your face though, at least something positive come out of it somewhere!   ;) 

You're a good man Davey. Probably the best away supporter we've had on here, fair play.
I hope your season "starts" after 5pm on Sat.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2012, 01:41:37 AM »
Don't say that eamonn, we'll never get rid of him!  ;D

Offline Damo70

« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2012, 09:56:42 AM »
Their fans opinions vary widely on Saturday's game. From giving us a hiding and kick starting their season to us giving them a hiding and them being in full on crisis mode. Lots of comments about Bent being guaranteed to score the winner. And a few mentions of their manager whom some choose to call Marty. Opinions vary widely on him too.

Offline Davey B

• Aw Bollox Man!
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2012, 10:28:55 AM »
It was the same crap on the site under Bruce, though he had longer and changed personnel like he was swapping pannini stickers. MON has only been here 11 months, and has only had two transfer windows. The first of which (January) he was still asessing the squad he inherited. I'm not making excuses for our currently dour form for him, but regardless of the only 1 league defeat, we have "bedwetters" that are wanting him gone now, after only 11 months, seriously!! So who would we replace him with? Harry has been referenced, FFS! He wouldn't go to Newcastle, so why would he come here? Regardless of people's feelings for or against the bloke, he surely deserves to have the opportunity to fix things, and should have a few full seasons in which to get things changed around to the way he needs it to be. It is not good to watch at the moment, but he is still getting results with 3 key creative players right out of form. I honestly think that once these three start to fire, we'll be up and away. We aren't going to win the Premiership or the Champions League, long gone are the days of a Brian Clough bringing a lower league side up into the top echelon and winning it, then moving on to conquer Europe. The zillionaire's who own the top clubs have put pay to that. We all want the best success for our clubs, and rightly so, but the "bedwetters" who want MON gone now after only 11 months need to accept this, or go and find something else to do, as there is nothing coming there way other than disappointment in my opinion.

Offline eastie

« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2012, 10:38:28 AM »
Sadly davey you haven't seen that the emperor wears no clothes.

You see, a decent bloke but one day soon you will see that o Neill is not the saviour, just a past his best manager with a reputation that doesn't match his results- you are in for a tough few months ahead and I doubt mon will stick around long once the fans see through him.

Best wishes my friend in your time of trouble ahead.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2012, 10:44:57 AM »
I'll save my coments until after Saturday - a good counter-attacking team could wreak havoc on our defence, based on last night and against Norwich.
MON may be an overrated SOB but he'll be sweating blood to get one over Villa and Lambert.

Bottom line is that both sides are 'fallen giants' in the context of the EPL.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2012, 10:51:52 AM »
Can we move to the pre-match thread now please?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal