collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 09:36:30 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Steve67
[Today at 09:36:26 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Steve67
[Today at 09:35:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 09:34:14 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Ian.
[Today at 09:34:00 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 09:33:56 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by waynejames
[Today at 09:33:35 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Villa in Denmark
[Today at 09:32:02 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sunderland v Villa  (Read 18339 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Sunderland v Villa
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 08:59:48 PM »
By the way if you think  you will increase your win ratio for O'Neill by beating us let me tell you we are tough to win against. We have ONLY lost 5 games this season.

Offline eastie

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2012, 09:05:52 PM »
Hi lads n lasses,

any of you coming up to Sunderland for the game on Saturday?

atb,

Davey

Nailed on 0-0 bore draw if ever I saw one .are the natives beginning to question mr o Neill yet after 2 wins in 20 league  games?

Hi Eastie, yes mate, some of the "bedwetters" are! We are poor at the minute, yet have only lost to Man Citeh at their place! Three of our key players have yet to perform to the best of their obvious abilities, but the defence has been largely sound. Once we get firing on all cylinders we'll do well i think!

Are you coming up Saturday?

Not this time mate, loved going to roker, remember winning 4-0 there in mid 80s ,great day but bloody cold - what do you think of the footie o Neill plays ? Hardly the most exciting or entertaining is it , you seem to be solid in defence but not scoring many?

Had a 3 year spell in Hartlepool in the 80s and loved the north east , great people and friendly with it- best of luck on the job front pal!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 09:09:33 PM by eastie »

Offline Davey B

• Aw Bollox Man!
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2012, 09:25:56 PM »
Hi lads n lasses,

atb,

Davey

Nailed on 0-0 bore draw if ever I saw one .are the natives beginning to question mr o Neill yet after 2 wins in 20 league  games?

Hi Eastie, yes mate, some of the "bedwetters" are! We are poor at the minute, yet have only lost to Man Citeh at their place! Three of our key players have yet to perform to the best of their obvious abilities, but the defence has been largely sound. Once we get firing on all cylinders we'll do well i think!

Not this time mate, loved going to roker, remember winning 4-0 there in mid 80s ,great day but bloody cold - what do you think of the footie o Neill plays ? Hardly the most exciting or entertaining is it , you seem to be solid in defence but not scoring many?

Had a 3 year spell in Hartlepool in the 80s and loved the north east , great people and friendly with it- best of luck on the job front pal!

I was at that game. Steve McMahon iirc correctly, tore us a new arsehole!

The footy under O'Neill is at the moment, very defensive, then hit on the counter attack, but unfortunately our main counter attacking players, aren't counter attacking! We look very sluggish going forward. Fletcher has done well to bag as many as he has already to be fair. Without him we'd probably be bottom of the table. Demba Ba is our second top League scorer so far! I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that thought to be honest! Defence is sound, but it should be, at the minute there are usually 9 men, (without the goalie) behind the ball. Midfield is lightweight without Cattermole, and with that it lacks currently, a spark of creativity. I do feel however, that once Johnson, Sessegnon and McClean hit form again then this will change and goals will come from elsewhere other than Fletcher. But yes, we aren't good to watch at the minute, i must admit! Being a Sunderland fan though, that seems to come naturally with the territory, lol! I think we'll be ok, but as for Saturday, to be honest, i agree with a post made earlier, i think it will be a very drab draw. Neither of us are doing well. Will only change opinion IF our key players suddenly start to fire into form ..... !! 

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2012, 09:30:04 PM »
Davey B, how is Carlos doing at Sunderland, always liked him

Offline eastie

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 09:31:28 PM »
Hi lads n lasses,

atb,

Davey

The footy under O'Neill is at the moment, very defensive, then hit on the counter attack, but unfortunately our main counter attacking players, aren't counter attacking! We look very sluggish going forward. Fletcher has done well to bag as many as he has already to be fair. Without him we'd probably be bottom of the table. Demba Ba is our second top League scorer so far! I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that thought to be honest! Defence is sound, but it should be, at the minute there are usually 9 men, (without the goalie) behind the ball. Midfield is lightweight without Cattermole, and with that it lacks currently, a spark of creativity. I do feel however, that once Johnson, Sessegnon and McClean hit form again then this will change and goals will come from elsewhere other than Fletcher. But yes, we aren't good to watch at the minute, i must admit! Being a Sunderland fan though, that seems to come naturally with the territory, lol! I think we'll be ok, but as for Saturday, to be honest, i agree with a post made earlier, i think it will be a very drab draw. Neither of us are doing well. Will only change opinion IF our key players suddenly start to fire into form ..... !! 

Yep McMahon and withe were outstanding that day, if bent is on the bench I expect he will get stick warming up, I have a few cousins who support Sunderland so have a soft spot for them but I'd probably take the 0-0 if offered to be honest .

Offline Davey B

• Aw Bollox Man!
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2012, 09:37:01 PM »
Hi lads n lasses,

atb,

Davey

Yep McMahon and withe were outstanding that day, if bent is on the bench I expect he will get stick warming up, I have a few cousins who support Sunderland so have a soft spot for them but I'd probably take the 0-0 if offered to be honest .

If Bent is on the bench, i hope he is to be honest, and if our key players don't spark again, 0-0 is what you will probably see!

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2012, 09:39:25 PM »
Hi Davey, I think MON has reverted to type, Men behind the ball, counter attacking. Without the luxury of players like Barry Young Milner Carew Petrov Gabby (on form) Melberg Laursen.
You still have enough to be mid table though, we would settle for that right now. Cheers H

Offline Davey B

• Aw Bollox Man!
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2012, 09:40:57 PM »
Hi Davey, I think MON has reverted to type, Men behind the ball, counter attacking. Without the luxury of players like Barry Young Milner Carew Petrov Gabby (on form) Melberg Laursen.
You still have enough to be mid table though, we would settle for that right now. Cheers H

Aye, that's what i'm seeing and feeling Hawkeye! Agree totally.

Offline Davey B

• Aw Bollox Man!
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2012, 10:50:37 PM »

Sorry marra, i missed your post earlier! Yeah, he's fitting right in here, looks quality, and very solid alongside O'Shea. A vast improvement on Michael Turner! Bit of a mare against Citeh mind, but looked solid every other time in my opinion. He's getting involved with the fans as well, using twitter or the likes to organize competitions for his shirt and stuff. Seems a real down to earth top bloke to be honest, and he seems to be enjoying his time up here so far!

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2012, 10:57:35 PM »

Sorry marra, i missed your post earlier! Yeah, he's fitting right in here, looks quality, and very solid alongside O'Shea. A vast improvement on Michael Turner! Bit of a mare against Citeh mind, but looked solid every other time in my opinion. He's getting involved with the fans as well, using twitter or the likes to organize competitions for his shirt and stuff. Seems a real down to earth top bloke to be honest, and he seems to be enjoying his time up here so far!
i think Carlos is a top bloke and appreciates his privilige as a footballer more than most. Good luck to him.

Offline Davey B

• Aw Bollox Man!
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2012, 11:22:08 PM »

i think Carlos is a top bloke and appreciates his privilige as a footballer more than most. Good luck to him.

Yes definately, again i agree with you Hawkeye. The lad seems almost humble in his approach to the fans, a refreshing change to some of the "Do you know who i am?" brigade.

Are you coming up for the game Saturday?

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2012, 11:29:35 PM »
Alright Dave, I live in Reading and can't afford the plane fair! Lol!

Can you please lose to us but beat West Brom!

Offline stuart445

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2012, 11:39:44 PM »
a group of me and my mates are going up and then going out in newcastle on the night

Offline Davey B

• Aw Bollox Man!
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2012, 11:45:08 PM »
a group of me and my mates are going up and then going out in newcastle on the night

Top night out in Newcastle, you'll have a great night there! Loads of good restaurants too.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2012, 11:48:11 PM »

Top night out in Newcastle, you'll have a great night there! Loads of good restaurants too.

Just watch out for the wilds dogs.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal