collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Snooker by BC Villain
[Today at 10:30:06 PM]

Re: Peter McParland 90 today by The Moose
[Today at 10:15:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:10:53 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by London Villan
[Today at 10:10:08 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by The Moose
[Today at 10:06:04 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Dave
[Today at 10:04:52 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:02:03 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:01:32 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stupid fouls. Will we ever learn?  (Read 5440 times)

Offline onje_villa

• GM : Jan, 2013
Re: Stupid fouls. Will we ever learn?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 04:57:41 PM »
And when they equalised Benteke was not on the field.
Yep seemed like every defensive corner Benteke cleared the lines

Offline gervilla

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2012, 06:26:48 PM »
Ciaran Clark is another one who is always giving away stupid free kicks.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2012, 07:07:04 PM »
Bennett diving in for the first yellow recklessly reminded me of Warnock at his worst.

Not good.

Offline sonlyme

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2012, 07:47:31 PM »

He had one or two more tugs before his second yellow if I recall

That's disgusting - no wonder he got the red.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 07:52:45 PM »
We give away inumerable stupid free kicks. Last season was woeful and we gave away a lot. 3 chief culprits, Collins, Hutton and Warnock are all out the side now, but nothings changed.
Bennett got himself sent off for constant, pointless, silly fouls. I had no arguments on that. Herd could count himself a little fortunate. For me Vlaar pushes his luck (and the opposition) too much too. He's gonna give away a lot of penaties if he doesn't reign himself in a little. I like him for his desire but he's got to control it better.
If we keep gifting freekicks near our box, we're gonna get punished. Better sides will destroy us if we invite so much needless pressure on ourselves.
Trouble is this is something young players do a lot. Their decision making isn't the best always and they give away silly fouls they don't need to. There wasn't a single freekick Bennett gave away that he actually needed to and he got himself sent off. It cost us 3 points because I don't think Norwich had enough about them to get through us when 11 v 11. They're shit, just a little bit shitter than us.

We're crap. We're lacking in quality so why can we not address this issue finally? Why put ourselves at even more of a disadvantage. We lose territory, possession, give away chances near our box, and sometimes we'll lose players. It makes a hard task of winning games even chuffing harder.

Did you watch the game? Norwich had much better chances, clear cut chances infact, only a superb Guzan kept us in the game. MOTD summed us up perfectly- Villa are woeful and it would have been a travesty if Norwich would have lost.

They had 1 good chance in 50 odd minutes of 11 v 11. Same as us. All the other chances came when we were down to 10.

Were you there? They made us look very poor for 90 minutes.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2012, 07:54:39 PM »
Delph is another - his second touch is often a tackle and consequently he gives too many free kicks away.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 01:31:24 PM »
Delph is another - his second touch is often a tackle and consequently he gives too many free kicks away.

For the majority of the kids I put their high foul rate down to lack of experience.

For Delph I put it down to lack of ability.

I'd genuinely love to hear Lambert's justification for starting him in every game.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 01:34:36 PM »
We give away inumerable stupid free kicks. Last season was woeful and we gave away a lot. 3 chief culprits, Collins, Hutton and Warnock are all out the side now, but nothings changed.
Bennett got himself sent off for constant, pointless, silly fouls. I had no arguments on that. Herd could count himself a little fortunate. For me Vlaar pushes his luck (and the opposition) too much too. He's gonna give away a lot of penaties if he doesn't reign himself in a little. I like him for his desire but he's got to control it better.
If we keep gifting freekicks near our box, we're gonna get punished. Better sides will destroy us if we invite so much needless pressure on ourselves.
Trouble is this is something young players do a lot. Their decision making isn't the best always and they give away silly fouls they don't need to. There wasn't a single freekick Bennett gave away that he actually needed to and he got himself sent off. It cost us 3 points because I don't think Norwich had enough about them to get through us when 11 v 11. They're shit, just a little bit shitter than us.

We're crap. We're lacking in quality so why can we not address this issue finally? Why put ourselves at even more of a disadvantage. We lose territory, possession, give away chances near our box, and sometimes we'll lose players. It makes a hard task of winning games even chuffing harder.

Did you watch the game? Norwich had much better chances, clear cut chances infact, only a superb Guzan kept us in the game. MOTD summed us up perfectly- Villa are woeful and it would have been a travesty if Norwich would have lost.

They had 1 good chance in 50 odd minutes of 11 v 11. Same as us. All the other chances came when we were down to 10.

Were you there? They made us look very poor for 90 minutes.

We've already had this conversation. What was the score and how many decent chances had each side had when Bennett was sent off?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal