collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tactics  (Read 14439 times)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Tactics
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2012, 05:06:49 PM »
It's not the formation, it's the quality of our midfielders.  Delph is horrendous, and should be dropped for Herd immediately.

It's both and I completely agree on Delph but you need to add Albrighton to that. The formation is wrong because we always end up with one redundant striker and an overrun midfield, so we need 5 in midfield.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2012, 05:08:07 PM »
It's not the formation, it's the quality of our midfielders.  Delph is horrendous, and should be dropped for Herd immediately.

Delph is so frustrating. I tried to keep more of an eye on him today and he does so much good stuff that unless you're watching him you miss, then after doing that he gives the ball away needlessly. Herd in for him every time for me at the moment. But i'd have Herd in whenever he's available at the moment.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2012, 05:11:58 PM »
Risso you are bang on the money. Delph offers nothing.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2012, 05:12:43 PM »

Delph is so frustrating. I tried to keep more of an eye on him today and he does so much good stuff that unless you're watching him you miss, then after doing that he gives the ball away needlessly. Herd in for him every time for me at the moment. But i'd have Herd in whenever he's available at the moment.

I agree about Delph being frustrating and doing decent stuff anf then passing to the opposotion - problem is they were all doing it...

Have seen one "killer" pass this season which went to Weimann in the Everton game and he hit the post - who played that in?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2012, 05:13:54 PM »

I agree about Delph being frustrating and doing decent stuff anf then passing to the opposotion - problem is they were all doing it...

Have seen one "killer" pass this season which went to Weimann in the Everton game and he hit the post - who played that in?

Holman I think?

Offline glasses

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2012, 06:44:22 PM »

Holman I think?
It was Holman. He was pants today.

Offline onje_villa

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2012, 06:48:51 PM »

Delph is so frustrating because he doesn't do any good stuff.
Reminds me of another midfielder who we used to have who couldn't pass, couldn't tackle and couldn't shoot.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2012, 06:52:48 PM »
4-4-2 will be attempted as long as Bent stays at the club because whether he starts or comes on we will try and accomodate him. I'd prefer we move to a 1 striker system with 5 midfielders that can attack and defend. It will be a good while before we see that. Lambert has his work cut out trying to make do with what he has as much as get thebnew players integrated into the current situation.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2012, 06:55:01 PM »
4-4-2 will be attempted as long as Bent stays at the club because whether he starts or comes on we will try and accomodate him. I'd prefer we move to a 1 striker system with 5 midfielders that can attack and defend. It will be a good while before we see that. Lambert has his work cut out trying to make do with what he has as much as get thebnew players integrated into the current situation.

Well, I'd agree if it weren't for the fact that the only time Bent made an appearance today was as the lone striker, and his best spell at Sunderland was in a counter-attacking 4-3-3. I think Lambert likes to have two forwards because it can help with pressing the opponents back four and in midfield, but it's leaving us far too short. Winning the ball's all well and good, but you have to keep it as well.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2012, 07:37:39 PM »
its the players, none of the 4 midfield players today are good enough, the 2 fullbacks are marginal.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2012, 10:37:10 PM »
I like the thought of Benteke up front, supported by weimann Ireland and possibly a less than lazy N Zogiba, with Bannan and KEA as holding players. Confidence is awful at the moment

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2012, 07:22:50 AM »
This is the worrying thing, our answer now is to bring in players that for part of this season and all of last season were not good enough, or if they were good enough it showed on to few occassions. The amount of slagging Ireland gets, at least 75% on here have stated that Bannan is never going to make it, because of his tendency for Hollywood passes and how many times have we heard CNZ does nothing but runs into defenders, never looks up and gets one good cross in a month. Now all of a sudden they are the answer to all our problems and they will come in and make a change that will see us surge to safety and dont even get me started on Bent/ Benteke debate.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2012, 07:54:57 AM »
Well, I thought Herd was outstanding today.
And Delph demonstrated his fallibility.
So it'd be this for me:
                                   Guzan
          Lowton    Vlaar      Dunne / Baker  Bennett
                          Herd                Clark
                                        KEA
                     Holman                  Weimann
                                    Benteke

Nowhere near enough creativity in that midfield i'd say.
True but Herd and Clark are able to make sensible and simple passes. They are reasonably reliable IMO.
Maybe we should drop KEA for BB in the set-up above.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2012, 08:57:55 AM »
                 Guzan
Lowton.  Vlaar.  Baker.  Bennett

Makoun *

Bannan El Ahmadi  Agbonlahor

Bent Benteke

*The only snag is getting Makoun a work permit. The easy option would be to do what Big Ron did with Bozzie. Find him a wife.

It's clear that Gabby isn't a striker,but his workrate is useful.  Hence why I'd sit him a midfield 3 trying to create.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2012, 09:06:14 AM »
at least Delph is involved, and keeps showing up for the ball,
 i have seen players like N'Zog who might have well not been on the pitch, when you are going through a bad time he's the last player you can rely on, he goes missing. quite frankly i havent seen him have one decent game yet, and for the most part has been rubbish, he is not the answer

Albrighton was far worse than Delph yesterday, cant beieve he remained on the pitch till the end

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal