collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Safe standing trial offer  (Read 26691 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Safe standing trial offer
« on: October 26, 2012, 02:18:56 PM »
Aston Villa have become the first Premier League club to publicly back a new campaign for trials of standing areas for fans in top-flight and Championship matches.

The campaign has been launched by the Football Supporters' Federation (FSF) and with Birmingham MP Roger Godsiff. Aston Villa and Peterborough have both given their support to calls for the Government to allow "small-scale trials of safe standing areas" and have volunteered to host a trial.
Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner said: "We have had a number of good discussions and meetings with the FSF over the past 12 months and fully support their campaign to allow small-scale trials of safe standing areas at grounds.
"Whenever we have discussed the topic with our fans we've found almost unanimous support for such a trial, and the concept of giving fans the choice to decide to either sit or stand at a game.
"We believe Villa Park could be a potential venue for such a trial, and would like the opportunity to progress the plans further with the wider support of the football community in this country."

Offline spk

Re: Safe standing trial offer
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 02:26:11 PM »
My God,I hope this happens

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 02:26:17 PM »
That's a re-hash from earlier in the year.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 02:44:35 PM »
And the first three comments are from Twat City.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 02:45:37 PM »
Hope this does happen, but I don't believe it will...

Offline spk

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 02:47:46 PM »
Yes they are Dave,and I cant understand why people are against CHOICE,tbf this ,to my knowledge is the first time the club have publicly endorsed it .

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 02:50:44 PM »
Yes they are Dave,and I cant understand why people are against CHOICE,tbf this ,to my knowledge is the first time the club have publicly endorsed it .

They definitely said the same earlier in the year, because one of the Hillsborough Justice leaders came back with some strange quote about how it's alright in Germany but they don't count or something similar.

Offline 1874

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 02:58:06 PM »
I have to admit that the standing areas in German stadia look like they generate a terrific atmosphere.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 02:59:52 PM »
Watching videos of Dortmund fans on terraces makes me jealous, there fans are phenomenal

Offline spk

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 03:03:02 PM »
and this it what I miss,bouncing up and down on the top right watching the villa win...

Offline astonvillan

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 03:14:10 PM »

They definitely said the same earlier in the year, because one of the Hillsborough Justice leaders came back with some strange quote about how it's alright in Germany but they don't count or something similar.

Yes, Margaret Aspinall. Needless to say what she's gone through over the years as a result of the Hillsborough Disaster and the ensuing cover-up, is nothing short of a disgrace. And I hope she can get justice for her son.

But ask her about the concept of Safe-Standing, and all you get from her is noise. Bizarre noise. She just will not entertain the idea of standing areas in the top two divisions. Screams the same outdated and indeed disproved arguments every time she features on 5Live or is quoted in the media. Why they ask her for her thoughts I don't know. Anne Williams lost her son Kevin, yet she's far more open minded about it. Not sure of the exact quote but I remember reading she'd said something along the lines of: "standing never killed anybody, cages and treating people like animals did." Amen.

Offline Ducksworthy

• GM : 20.02.2025
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 03:15:10 PM »
Have you read the comments on that piece? There really are some stupid people in the world. Apparently we'd be dishonouring the memory of "the 96". For some reason, I can't imagine we'll have the Redscouse singing that ridiculous "no respect" back at us....

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 03:17:58 PM »
Bringing standing back would be ace, and would be one small victory in the war against football turning shite.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 03:21:36 PM »
Agreed Risso. 

Offline 1874

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2012, 03:25:05 PM »
I can understand the Hillsborough families' opposition to this. When caught up in the emotion of losing someone you don't neccessarily think completely rationally. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal