collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kick it Out Campaign  (Read 32319 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: Kick it Out Campaign
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 07:50:35 PM »
Was the journalist Moxley?   He works as a Mail stringer I believe.   I was in the same class at school with his father, a right little knuckledragger.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2012, 07:52:24 PM »
Mark Ryan.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2012, 07:53:54 PM »
All this racism stuff is going all a bit mad, Rio and Anton refuse to wear the top, Rio can fuck off he called Cole a chock ice, It's now on SSN they are investigating alleged racism at the Sunderland v Newcastle game? Have we all of a sudden gone racist??

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2012, 07:55:10 PM »
Sounds like a made up name to me.   Isn't it an anagram of My Arse?

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2012, 07:59:58 PM »
http://creativecontentdigital.com/authors.shtml#LowdownWorldCup

Mark Ryan has been a sports journalist for 25 years, and has written at some stage for just about every national newspaper in Britain. Also a prolific author, he recently finished writing a biography of England»s 2010 World Cup coach – "Fabio Capello, The Boss" (published by JR Books)
He regularly reports on the London based football matches for the Mail on Sunday newspaper.
Ryan’s work in football has taken him on assignments worldwide, and that extensive travel has helped him to develop a truly international perspective on the game he loves most.
Mark Ryan’s experience in radio reporting made him the ideal presenter for the audio edition of this history of the World Cup – from its chaotic beginnings to the global phenomenon it has become today.
Now 48, Ryan lives in Berkshire, England, with his wife Victoria and son Luca.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 08:05:21 PM by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air »

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2012, 08:00:12 PM »
All this racism stuff is going all a bit mad, Rio and Anton refuse to wear the top, Rio can fuck off he called Cole a chock ice, It's now on SSN they are investigating alleged racism at the Sunderland v Newcastle game? Have we all of a sudden gone racist??

SSN have gone off at the deep end. Anton Ferdinand refuses to wear a sodding t-shirt, *one* allegation of racial abuse at Sunderland. Somebody in the crowd has shouted a remark. Allegedly.

Slow news day, load of old bollocks.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2012, 08:00:53 PM »
Neil Moxley's a nice bloke Brian. He's a nose but is usually very fair with the Villa and probably values his relationship with the club too much to write such bollocks.

Him and Stuart James from the Guardian were also just about the only two journalists who could be bothered to find out and report why we really didn't like TSM.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2012, 08:09:28 PM »
This is a typical Leveson issue, there will now,  no doubt, be thousands of people thinking our club is full of racists.

Offline mrastonvilla

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2012, 08:11:09 PM »
They should also mention that it is only us and Arsenal that have reached the top level of the kick it out equality standard. Would be a bit strange for our club to be involved in this!

http://www.kickitout.org/422.php

We did.

"These efforts have been recognised by Kick It Out when Aston Villa became only the second club to achieve the highest level of the Kick It Out Equality Standard, an achievement which we are justly proud of."

I meant the mail should point this out in any apology they might print.

25,000 at the game yesterday and only one person noticed us throw the shirts on the floor.

Offline damon loves JT

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2012, 08:19:05 PM »
Look out next week for two paragraphs in tiny print buried on an inside page, with the heading 'Aston Villa' and the top line 'in an article published on Sunday, 21st October....'

In short, a 'correction' designed to deter anyone from reading it.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2012, 08:21:58 PM »
What is Ferdinands problem with the t-shirt?

Offline damon loves JT

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2012, 08:25:29 PM »
He reckons the FA has been lenient on Terry and the 'Kick it Out' campaign is just an empty gesture.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2012, 08:27:00 PM »
What is Ferdinands problem with the t-shirt?

Apparently he decided to protest against racism by not participating in the anti racism campaign.

He bizzare logic is that not enough has been done (true) so he should opt out of Kick it Out. What is bizzare is Kick it Out has no powers beyond awareness. So he is picking on the wrong group.

What he should have done if he had the balls is to do an interview criticising the FA, he would have got the press and been able to make his points.

Passively aggressively not wearing a TShirt makes him look pretty silly on the matter imho.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2012, 08:31:07 PM »
Fancy being called racists by The Mail.

It's like walking down the street and somebody shouting 'Oi Percy you fucking nonce'! You turn round and it's Jimmy fucking Savile.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2012, 08:32:10 PM »
Fancy being called racists by The Mail.

It's like walking down the street and somebody shouting 'Oi Percy you fucking nonce'! You turn round and it's Jimmy fucking Savile.

;D ;D ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal