collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by ChicagoLion
[Today at 03:37:40 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by chrisw1
[Today at 03:32:08 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:08:36 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:04:08 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 02:33:46 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by chrisw1
[Today at 02:25:44 PM]

Diego Carlos by Demitri_C
[Today at 02:25:16 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by Somniloquism
[Today at 01:40:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lambert Out?  (Read 138194 times)

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
Re: Lambert Out?
« Reply #645 on: December 03, 2012, 11:08:43 PM »
Listen to 606? I'd rather listen to Coldplay.

Actually, fuck that. When's it on?
Saturday's 6-8pm, quite funny with the Villa fans calling Savage every week.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #646 on: December 03, 2012, 11:28:22 PM »
Tuesday's match thread was just like every other match thread.

It's like being at the match and the people around moan all the fucking time, then when you get a winner with 10 minutes to go, they're happy. Only with match threads, it's all recorded for posterity. Not exactly hugely controversial.

If we're going to get all high-horse about a few people slagging Albrighton off on here, god only knows what we think those who actually booed at the match when he put his cross into the stands should be punished with.

Man the fuck up.**

** in a nice way, obv

Exactly.

Agreed.

Manning up would also surely entail keeping a bit of perspective about the side and not start banging on about the negatives when you are drawing a game nil nil, and deciding we are doomed 13 games into a season. I can see the point, but there is no need to call Albrighton a ****** for kicking a ball wrong. There are plenty of ****** in the country, calling one of our own one is not something I am that impressed by.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #647 on: December 04, 2012, 08:28:11 AM »
Tuesday's match thread was just like every other match thread.

It's like being at the match and the people around moan all the fucking time, then when you get a winner with 10 minutes to go, they're happy. Only with match threads, it's all recorded for posterity. Not exactly hugely controversial.

If we're going to get all high-horse about a few people slagging Albrighton off on here, god only knows what we think those who actually booed at the match when he put his cross into the stands should be punished with.

Man the fuck up.**

** in a nice way, obv

Exactly.

Agreed.

Manning up would also surely entail keeping a bit of perspective about the side and not start banging on about the negatives when you are drawing a game nil nil, and deciding we are doomed 13 games into a season. I can see the point, but there is no need to call Albrighton a c*** for kicking a ball wrong. There are plenty of c***s in the country, calling one of our own one is not something I am that impressed by.
If I was you, i'd never set foot inside Villa Park again.
I've heard our players called far worse than that down there.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #648 on: December 04, 2012, 11:00:06 AM »
So have I mark... But surely I am entitled to not like one of our own being called it without taking it to an extreme of not going to the ground??

Offline MarkM

« Reply #649 on: December 04, 2012, 11:07:58 AM »
Give me £20k a week and you can call me whatever the f*ck you like!

With regard to the issue of groaning and moaning at players, most of the time its an instant reaction to the players touch etc... its not like were singing he's a c*nt for periods of the game!

I have called most of our team useless twats over the years but mostly in a moment of frustration at an inept performance, I'm not sure what somepeople expect? perhaps a polite "Never mind son, maybe next time" and a shrug of the shoulders?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal