collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lee Hendrie interview in the Guardian  (Read 16348 times)

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: Lee Hendrie interview in the Guardian
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 05:36:52 PM »
Lee Lee Lee.
Twat twat twat.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 05:38:16 PM »
It is Wednesday afternoon, the day after Lee Hendrie was applauded off the pitch by the 61 Tamworth supporters who travelled to Forest Green Rovers to watch him start his first match for the Conference Premier club.

61 ? According to the Graunian 61 people travelled from Staffordshire to Gloucestershire just to see Lea Hendry.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 05:38:38 PM »
Good to see he still enjoys his football.

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 05:44:47 PM »
Interesting article. Not sure I'd warm to Hendrie after an afternoon in his company though. I used to live next door to him in Rowington and also see him drinking out in Knowle a lot. He was a proper jumped up twat and no mistake.

Whoever picked up Finwood Lawns as a repo would have got a nice property. If you can take the sound of the M40 rushing past your front garden.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 05:46:12 PM »
Interesting read, thanks for posting

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 07:06:04 PM »
The thing that strikes me about these kind of articles is that we're meant to assume the misery was too high a price to pay for the glory years. The guy played for the club we love, had flash cars, big house, women on tap...and now he's broke he's all contrite about it. I'm sure being bankrupt isn't pleasant but he's had more opportunities to look after himself and his family than most of us will ever get and he fudged it massively.

Offline bilsim

• I just love Aston Villa.
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 07:10:23 PM »
I do definitely think that he was introduced to a world of fame and fortune at a very young and impressionable age and has suffered the consequences pretty severely. It's easy for us work a day wage slaves to feel no sympathy for someone earning the kind of money that he was, but I somehow get the impression that he's learned a very harsh lesson and so to come on here and call him twat is really unnecessary.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 07:35:03 PM »
Good luck to him and i hope he gets a chance to coach or manage a team someday.
He just loves the game and as soon as he realises that there is just him to blame for the place he finds himself in today and moves on it will be good for him.
Depression is not to be scoffed at, by the way.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 08:02:25 PM »
Nobody made him spend all that money and he still drives a better car than I ever will. I'll save the sympathy.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 08:22:49 PM »
It is Wednesday afternoon, the day after Lee Hendrie was applauded off the pitch by the 61 Tamworth supporters who travelled to Forest Green Rovers to watch him start his first match for the Conference Premier club.

61 ? According to the Graunian 61 people travelled from Staffordshire to Gloucestershire just to see Lea Hendry.

Well, no. But I tell you what, he's looking fit and up for it at the moment, and at this level that's almost enough. Add in the bit of skill he has retained and he's looking a decent enough player at the moment.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 08:29:23 PM »
Interesting article. Not sure I'd warm to Hendrie after an afternoon in his company though. I used to live next door to him in Rowington and also see him drinking out in Knowle a lot. He was a proper jumped up twat and no mistake.

Yep, I always saw him in the Red Lion, or in Rosie's in Solihull. He always gave it the 'big I am', and had one his mates drive him about in that Ferrari after he got banned. I remember one occasion in particular, when he wasn't playing due to injury, and he was out in Rosie's. I asked him when he was coming back because we needed him, and he replied "Oh yeah? Who's 'we'?" The same night, one of his meatheaded friends started to jostle my mate because he didn't know who Lee Hendrie was - mate doesn't follow football at all - as my mate was trying to get past his pack of hangers on to get to the bar. A lovely crew.

Online FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 09:10:38 PM »
Never liked him , remember him at Walsall-pre season friendly grabbing his scrotum and mouthing "suck my cock"  to the Villa fans.Met him on Broad street once(trying to get in a private party after the end of season awards-holte suite,me and my mate met Nigel Kennedy at the awards and he said he would try and get us in) and can confirm he's a little chav shit. If his career had taken a different path and ended up playing for the blues I think the the vitriol  towards him from Villa fans would make our feelings for Savage look like a love-in with Mother Teresa
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 09:16:11 PM by frankyh »

Online FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 09:12:47 PM »
Lee Lee Lee.
Twat twat twat.

I forgot to include this in my rant , my feelings exactly .Hope he never pulls on a shirt for the Villa Old Stars

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal