collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa are "completely useless" according to Rangers Chairman  (Read 56074 times)

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
Re: Villa are "completely useless" according to Rangers Chairman
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 12:26:36 PM »
People have gone unabout a European Super League for years and its never happened. Most clubs are happy with the current format of domestic and European games. The Premier League is a massively successful financial operation so I don't see why anyone would want to change that at a considerable risk.

If Green's poured millions into Rangers with that as the basis of the investment, he might be disappointed. Also, he should know something about Rangers' history and perhaps he wouldn't have such a low opinion of us. Also, surely we don't have a £250m turnover?

Offline MarkM

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2012, 12:38:44 PM »
People have gone unabout a European Super League for years and its never happened. Most clubs are happy with the current format of domestic and European games. The Premier League is a massively successful financial operation so I don't see why anyone would want to change that at a considerable risk.

If Green's poured millions into Rangers with that as the basis of the investment, he might be disappointed. Also, he should know something about Rangers' history and perhaps he wouldn't have such a low opinion of us. Also, surely we don't have a £250m turnover?

I would say that we have a European super league... The Champions League with relegation to the European second division called the Europa League

So the

Offline myf

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 12:38:58 PM »
I love the way he is worshipping Manure - f-in pathetic.  Just about sums up everything what is wrong with modern football - big business and greed.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 12:44:19 PM »
Maybe, just maybe other people out there don't think we are a big club anymore ?

I wonder if the irony of accusing us of no longer being a big club is lost on the Rangers Chief Exec?

Define big. Number of fans? Number of trophies? Number of trophies in last 3/5/10 years? Amount of money? Finishing top 10/6/4? Being in the Premier League?

Depending on how you look at it, we are/are not a big club. I'm sure most other fans would not have us down as a big club. There's arguments that Leeds and Sheff Wed are big clubs, but they're both a bit pretty shit.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 12:47:28 PM »
Charles Green is pressing every button in the populist Rangers mentality, offering everything to everyone. He meets with their Supporters Trust, he says he'll become a member. He meets their Northern Ireland supporters clubs, he says Rangers will play in Northern Irish youth tournaments. They'll have an orange away shirt, they'll never play in the SPL again (to be fair they're doing their best with that one), he'll take every ruling that goes against them to the highest courts, he'll ban press who are anti-Rangers. You might wonder why he quite wants to be so popular.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2012, 12:47:29 PM »
I love the way he is worshipping Manure - f-in pathetic.  Just about sums up everything what is wrong with modern football - big business and greed.

He probably thinks the owners of Man City and Chelsea are "good for the game".

Offline Aston Villa

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2012, 12:51:51 PM »
What is this?! 'Let's all take a cheap shot at Villa' season?

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2012, 12:57:00 PM »
We should reply to that after we've been beaten by Stirling Albion, currently 40th in Scotland.

42nd before they beat Rangers....

Offline mrastonvilla

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2012, 12:58:18 PM »
Anyone that thinks that serious investors are likely to buy the shares these days or that a football club is a "big" business is deluded in the extreme.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2012, 12:58:36 PM »
What is this?! 'Let's all take a cheap shot at Villa' season?

Everybody hates us and we don't care.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2012, 01:11:38 PM »
I'd be quite happy for a few of the PL to bugger off to a super league. Bye bye Arsenal, Manutdcity, Chelsea and Liverpool ( I know but they would and probably Spurs as well) and let us have our competitive league back. I can see the advantages of a strong league made up of us, Everton the North East Clubs, Stoke,Swansea/Cardiff maybe even Albion and Wolves.

A proper competitive league , with a salary cap. And when no one wants to watch Super Wednesday anymore because Man City are winning every game then don't let em back.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2012, 01:13:03 PM »
Why would a European 'super' league contain a club that has only been in existance for a few months, and has never played at the top level of it's own countries league system.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2012, 01:20:05 PM »
A European Super League would be fekin boring as fek.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2012, 01:24:35 PM »
A European Superleague would be rubbish. The whole excitement behind games like Inter vs Real Madrid is that they're rare occasions. If it happens week in week out over a season it loses that. That's ignoring the obvious issues of no local rivalry and fans having to travel hundreds of miles every week. It's an idiotic idea.

Offline Richie

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2012, 01:27:55 PM »
So they are 3rd behind Queen's Park and Peterhead in a division where most matches are watched by 3 men and a dog and we're useless ?

Mind you, great team Queen's Park. Especially when the centre forward is available to play and isn't working on the buses !

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal