collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The next 4 games....  (Read 25518 times)

Offline Richard Richard

Re: The next 4 games....
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2012, 12:59:44 AM »
If we are not going to invest the stupid amounts of money to become a CL place regular then I'd rather we invested wisely enough to be the best of the rest and try and win both domestic cups every season. The only shit part of all of that is the dreadful Europa League which I'd sooner opt out of every season.

I think Villas-Boas is right with his point that if you talk something down enough it becomes worthless like English teams generally do with the Europa. I was living in Madrid when Atletico won it a couple of years ago with Aguero and Forlan up front (before winning it again the season just gone largely thanks to the brilliant Falcao) and it was great to see the fans taking it serious all the way through to the final.
The Fulham fans had a great time that season following their team campaign that year losing to Atleti in the final but beating the likes of Juventus along the way.
I think it means something lots of Villans too. Remember how pissed most of us were when MON basically surrendered to CSKA Moscow by fielding a B team? I would say the reaction to that was no less then when Houllier did the same in the FA Cup. I respect AVB's approach to the competition and hope that becomes the norm.
Aaaaaagh the roar when Collymore scored against Atletico Madrid, if only Hendrie could have put his chance in a few minutes later, the stadium would have exploded.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal