collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lambert claiming unfair dismissal from Norwich  (Read 10521 times)

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Re: Lambert claiming unfair dismissal from Norwich
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2012, 03:08:20 PM »
Norwich are still claiming compensation from Villa aren't they?  Considering this counter claim I can see an 'out of courter' on the horizon.

Two different things.

Norwich are chasing Villa for compensation.

Lambert's claim for unfair dismissal is nothing to do with Villa.

However in that article from the Express & Star Lambert appears to be saying Norwich are suing him personally.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2012, 04:58:43 PM »
The more I read about PL the happier I am with him, he doesn't pull any punches or suffer fools... whether it is Bent or Bowker, don't mess with him.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2012, 05:01:39 PM »
Norwich are still claiming compensation from Villa aren't they?  Considering this counter claim I can see an 'out of courter' on the horizon.

Two different things.

However in that article from the Express & Star Lambert appears to be saying Norwich are suing him personally.

Even if they are suing him personally, that is his own personal business, and nothing to do with Villa, so Villa will have no bargaining chips to use in an out of court agreement.

Offline villanois

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2012, 06:10:41 PM »

Two different things.

personal business, and nothing to do with Villa, so Villa will have no bargaining chips to use in an out of court agreement.
Even if they are suing him personally, that is his own

Two different things.

Even if they are suing him personally, that is his own personal business, and nothing to do with Villa, so Villa will have no bargaining chips to use in an out of court agreement.

I think if he won a case for unfair dismissal that may be a very nice bargaining chip for Villa.

I see things like this.

McNasty messed up, PL called the breach of contract, PL leaves, McNasty is more worried about his reputation uses twitter to salvage said reputation, continues to play tough guy sues Villa and PL, Villa and PL leave things to their legal teams and counter claim in order to hammer home to Norwich the futility of their case, Bowkett  goes to a fans forum and bleats aboutPL's counter claim, PL's confidence in the arbitration deciding in his favor are proven correct, McNasty learns the hard way pride comes before a fall, Villa offer Norwich the opportunity to drop their case.... at this point in time we and the Norwich fans how far under the bus "McNasty" is prepared to throw their club to save face for not reading PL's contract

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2012, 09:19:43 PM »
amazing how many people on here have apparently seen a copy of Lamberts contract.

Online Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2012, 09:30:57 PM »
Recommend that Paul sends the Norwich chairman a case of really nice cabernet sauvignon and the message, 'Thanks for the good times.'  I'm reading hurt feelings here.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2012, 09:48:21 PM »
Recommend that Paul sends the Norwich chairman a case of really nice cabernet sauvignon and the message, 'Thanks for the good times.'  I'm reading hurt feelings here.
i am reading money.

Online Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2012, 10:05:56 PM »
ok maybe that as well

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2012, 12:23:31 AM »
Paul Lambert has revealed his former club Norwich City are suing him because of his decision to leave Carrow Road for Aston Villa this summer.
It comes after Canaries chairman Alan Bowkett told supporters that Lambert was suing them for breach of contract.
Lambert said he was "extremely disappointed" at the comments, adding: "What Norwich haven't made public is that they are suing me.
"I'll let him (Bowkett) say what he has got to say and we'll see what happens."

Before leaving for the Midlands on 2 June, Lambert spent three years at Carrow Road, guiding the club to back-to-back promotions from League One before finishing 12th in last season's Premier League.
The Scot's exit was a messy one, with Norwich rejecting his resignation and struggling to agree a compensation package with Villa.
Speaking at a Carrow Road fans' forum, attended by approximately 130 people, Bowkett said Lambert was seeking between £1.5m and £2m.
A Premier League Managers' Arbitration Tribunal will decide on the case next spring and Lambert has said he will be represented by the League Managers' Association (LMA).
"I'm extremely disappointed that senior officials at Norwich have made comments in relation to myself," the former Celtic and Borussia Dortmund midfielder responded.
"The LMA are acting on my behalf. They supported me at the time and still are.
"It is disrespectful and wrong to that tribunal for me to comment any more.
"That's the way I'm going to leave it. My main concern is Aston Villa.
"Am I concerned Norwich fans are only hearing one side of the story? In a word, 'yes'."

Offline FiveKenMcNaughts

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2012, 09:30:47 PM »
Wonder what Chris Hughton makes of all this... he is like the rebound, while Norwich go following their ex that dumped them for a more attractive partner.

p.s thats Chris Hughton that was employed when they hired him but "you can't complain"

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2012, 11:01:39 PM »
Interesting to see MoTD had Lambert down as Norwich's manager tonight.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2012, 08:55:11 AM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal