collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Morgan Rogers - Signed by OCD
[Today at 11:13:37 AM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:12:08 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Drummond
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Olympiacos flights by Des Little
[Today at 11:08:37 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:06:24 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 11:00:31 AM]

Re: Morgan Rogers - Signed by Drummond
[Today at 10:52:47 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:50:46 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January Transfer Thread: Speculation, Lies, Absolute Cr*p and Bosman Rumours  (Read 1777824 times)

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020

*Looks at thread title*

*Scans through punathon*

Offline supertom

I would say we need a really top CM in january. Someone who can be influential and martial things. I like El Ahmadi, he's a tidy player, good with the ball, I just think he could do with a solid anchoring player alongside him to give him more freedom. I do think we're lacking a solid tackler in midfield. KEA's tackling isn't great. Delph was taught the art by Scholes it seems and Barry Bannan couldn't tackle an 8 year old, given said 8 year olds superior physical stature. Some experience and some quality too would be good.

I'm also not sure if, long run, Bannan and Delph who currently rotate as KEA's partner, are good enough. Both could work well enough in a 3 man midfield, but our midfield is just a little too light and brittle right now.

Think also, if Ireland and N'Zog aren't consistent enough by Jan, we should sell one or both and get in a quality attacking midfielder. We really missed the invention Ireland can give us against WBA. No one else really offered enough vision or flair.

We could also do with another decent centre half. Someone to push at Clark and even Vlaar. That aside we're in good nick.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
I wonder if we'll go back in for Dale Stephens from Preston was it? How's he getting on, didn't we used to have a regular Preston-watcher on here?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
I think Lerner might need to put his hand in his pocket for some proper quality this January, if the results don't get any better.  You can't just replace an entire team with a load of kids and expect it to work overnight.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
I wonder if we'll go back in for Dale Stephens from Preston was it? How's he getting on, didn't we used to have a regular Preston-watcher on here?

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/dale-stephens-why-charlton-must-build-their-team-around-the-aston-villa-target/

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
I think he'll be happy to back the manager again. And we might sell Bent.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
I think we need to sign a top centre mid to alleviate the pressure on the young midfield. That said I'm not writing Westwood off, he's barely had any time to get up to speed and I'm sure he'll come good.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
More than signings we just need time. I don't think we'll be in any relegation danger this season, so we can avoid January panic-splurging and maintain our steady growth plan.

Offline onje_villa

• GM : Jan, 2013
Would like to see more of Westwood, perhaps given a start soon.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
can we sign Eliseu please. Only saw the highlights but damn.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
No doubt Liverpool will be linked with Bent.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
More than signings we just need time. I don't think we'll be in any relegation danger this season, so we can avoid January panic-splurging and maintain our steady growth plan.

This.  We might not click until December.  Patience is needed rather than calls for 'backing' to get us out of a hole we might not even be in.

Online TaxDodger

This.  We might not click until December.  Patience is needed rather than calls for 'backing' to get us out of a hole we might not even be in.

Exactly. I can see us being in the drop zone after a very tough November, but I'd be very surprised if we finish anything lower than 12th. I don't think we'll sign many players in January, the squad we have now will be just starting to click. 

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
No doubt Liverpool will be linked with Bent.

Is he a Brendan Rodgers type of player though

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
I think Lerner might need to put his hand in his pocket for some proper quality this January, if the results don't get any better.
Can't see it myself.

Need some experience though as relegation is a distinct possibility.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal